In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Duncan Hunter?

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
I only caught about the last 2 minutes of the Republican Debate tonight. The guy that made the most sense to me was Duncan Hunter of California. I see he has an A+ rating from the NRA. Anybody know the story behind this guy?

I found one breakdown on this page:
http://www.issues2000.org/CA/Duncan_Hunter.htm

Comments

• Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remeber an A+ in the NRA is more like a C in the GOA
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I too liked Duncan Hunter. I knew very little about the man but he sure handled himself well and spoke as one who supports the constitution.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just saw Duncan Hunter on Hannity & Colmes talking about the immigration bill, which was defeated in the Senate. I would say that Duncan hit about a triple (not quite a home run). He has been against this amnesty bill since the start and even authored the 800 mile border fence bill that was passed and signed by the president last October. He is leading the push to get that fence built. Apparently there are 1 billion dollars of funds available for fence construction, but hardly anything has been done to date. He said that if he is elected president then he will have the entire fence built in 6 months.

The only thing I docked him on was when the liberal asked the bleeding heart question, "What about the 12 million that are already here?" (of course it is really more like 30 million). But Duncan dodged the question and said that the fence needs to be built before we worry about the illegals that are already here. It seems that these politicians are afraid to utter the "D" word (as in Deportation).

I don't understand why they are afraid to speak up about the only solution to this situation, DEPORT THEM!!!