In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are Constitutional topics........

wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
Allowed for discusssion, even if there exists no vulgarities, hostile exchanges, or name-calling between the folks discussing them?

Comments

• cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Allowed for discusssion, even if there exists no vulgarities, hostile exchanges, name-calling between the folks discussing them?

How long they stay free from vulgarities, hostile exchanges, name-calling seems to decide their life span from what I've seen.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Are Constitutional topics Allowed for discussion
    Sure!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see this was moved in here.
    Were the other threads also?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I see this was moved in here.
    Were the other threads also?
    Poofed, I suspect by our newest mod, but who knows...
  • pianogirlpianogirl Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    lt496,
    I'm new here and haven't posted, just read alot. I'm noticing many posts are disappearing. Who is the newest mod & what is going on?
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pianogirl
    lt496,
    I'm new here and haven't posted, just read alot. I'm noticing many posts are disappearing. Who is the newest mod & what is going on?

Heh heh.

Nice try, but the good Captain is much smarter than that.

If you insist on setting out bear traps, you might consider doing a better job of concealing them.[:o)]
    edited November -1
    lt496,

Heh heh.

Nice try, but the good Captain is much smarter than that.

If you insist on setting out bear traps, you might consider doing a better job of concealing them.[:o)]
    [;)][:)]
    edited November -1
    lt496,

You may want to start with different questions, for example:

'What firearms do you like best?"

Were you to pose that question to me, I would tell you that I like S&W revolvers, especially the model 29.

So let me ask you, piano, what firearms do you like best?

No, hold on, wait a second; lemme guess...

You like COLTs?????

Am I close?

[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    lt496,

You may want to start with different questions, for example:

'What firearms do you like best?"

Were you to pose that question to me, I would tell you that I like S&W revolvers, especially the model 29.

So let me ask you, piano, what firearms do you like best?

No, hold on, wait a second; lemme guess...

You like COLTs?????

Am I close?[:D][:D][:D]
    [8)][;)][:)]
    edited November -1
    This is way too easy, Brother Jeff.[:)]

[;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    This is way too easy, Brother Jeff.[:)]

[;)][:D]
    Indeed, Brother Shane. [:)]

As to the "mystery man", what a tool and what a huge mistake by someone to give 'power' to such a one.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    wsfiredude ~~ Thanks for giving me a civil answer. Not exactly fun to ask a serious question first time ever and get "heh heh".

Anyway, I'm new to this so all I've done is learn to shoot a Crossman pellet rifle & Daisy 747 pellet pistol. I hope to get a little real training soon at the range; I'd never really thought about the need for guns until this year and everything seems to be getting much worse all over town in every neighborhood, good and bad.

I just "lurk" around Gunbroker to read what is being said since I don't have any experience with all this.

I'm sure good posts are disappearing because I try to go back and read what was up previously and the good stuff is GONE. I thought this was supposed to be an open forum. Hmmmmmmmmm

Thanks for your answer.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    wsfiredude ~~ Thanks for giving me a civil answer. Not exactly fun to ask a serious question first time ever and get "heh heh".

Anyway, I'm new to this so all I've done is learn to shoot a Crossman pellet rifle & Daisy 747 pellet pistol. I hope to get a little real training soon at the range; I'd never really thought about the need for guns until this year and everything seems to be getting much worse all over town in every neighborhood, good and bad.

I just "lurk" around Gunbroker to read what is being said since I don't have any experience with all this.

I'm sure good posts are disappearing because I try to go back and read what was up previously and the good stuff is GONE. I thought this was supposed to be an open forum. Hmmmmmmmmm

Thanks for your answer.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Alright, fellers......Explanation time.

This is the real Highball. Piano girl is my lady. She and I were discussing the situation here tonight, and she wanted more information...simply because I had decided to chuck the entire business.
    She had registered some time ago, and read much of the stuff here on the boards. Seems I logged on, she posted using my handle.

She was mighty irritated at you fellers..Hasn't simmered down yet.[:D][:D]

As for the mod in question.I finally tumbled. Had not realized what had happened. All that being said.I still expect I am done. Hating my guts, he will allow NOTHING controversial from me.and that is ALL I serve up.
    edited November -1
    Alright, fellers......Explanation time.

This is the real Highball. Piano girl is my lady. She and I were discussing the situation here tonight, and she wanted more information...simply because I had decided to chuck the entire business.
    She had registered some time ago, and read much of the stuff here on the boards. Seems I logged on, she posted using my handle.

She was mighty irritated at you fellers..Hasn't simmered down yet.[:D][:D]

As for the mod in question.I finally tumbled. Had not realized what had happened. All that being said.I still expect I am done. Hating my guts, he will allow NOTHING controversial from me.and that is ALL I serve up.

HB,

My apologies to her.[;)]

I was almost certain that 'pianogirl' was the alter ego of a newly promoted 'red star general' who was on a reconnaissance mission. I was ready to bid 'him' adieu, and let 'him' know that I was hitting the rack, but would return to the forums tomorrow, and tune in for another sphincter-tightening episode of, "Who am I?"[:D]

Best,

Shane
    edited November -1
    Okay, I am totally confused now.

Bottom-line, I will simply ask, sincerely, that you stay, Bert.

As Shane said, we have a new 'Red-Star General', but he is nearly meaningless, in almost every way. A misuse of his loaned authority will earn a removal of that authority.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Okay, I am totally confused now.

Bottom-line, I will simply ask, sincerely, that you stay, Bert.

As Shane said, we have a new 'Red-Star General', but he is nearly meaningless, in almost every way. A misuse of his loaned authority will earn a removal of that authority.

Same here.[;)]
    edited November -1
    To the group ~~ Well, I certainly messed up my first post so here's who I am.

I'm a musician; played in symphony orchestras in Missouri & Indiana; taught piano forever; pipe organist. I met Highball this summer and he is teaching me to shoot and to think about a few things I hadn't thought about. Why would an organist need a gun?

I've been reading the Gunbroker posts for months ~~ especially Highball's ~~ and it made me so mad when one of his best posts disappeared today. I had intended to go back and read it again tonight and where is it!!?? So......now you know more than I'd like but oh well ~~~~~~~~~~~
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen ;
    The post above should help set the record straight. This is a rather special lady I have found...and the smell of fresh bread is wafting to my nostrils as I type.

We are talking about taking a trip or two...and if things work out...I intend introducing several of you to this lady.

I admit...I was more then a bit upset at the deletions of several threads. I originally thought it was a new policy...instead of the acts of a miniature pony..
    edited November -1

I'm a musician; played in symphony orchestras in Missouri & Indiana; taught piano forever; pipe organist. I met Highball this summer and he is teaching me to shoot and to think about a few things I hadn't thought about. Why would an organist need a gun?

I've been reading the Gunbroker posts for months ~~ especially Highball's ~~ and it made me so mad when one of his best posts disappeared today. I had intended to go back and read it again tonight and where is it!!?? So......now you know more than I'd like but oh well ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sorry for my rude behavior, pianogirl.

As Shane said, I also thought you were the alter-ego of one of the moderators who has expressed a disdain for those of us who advocate for individual liberty.

Whatever influence you may have on friend Bert, please use it to ask that he stay. His contributions and his blunt, direct assessments, are sorely needed on these forums.

Welcome and I hope to see you and Bert posting in the future.

Jeff
    edited November -1
    lt496 & Firedude ~~

Thanks and no apology is necessary. I can see why you might think an unknown person is an alter ego or worse.

I don't have much influence on Highball[:I] but I agree he should stay and post, post, post, post, post. I like his thinking and his way with words.
    edited November -1
    I am happy to see Highball happy, if'n that makes sense. [;)]

I wasn't involved in the poof game, but see there is nothing changing about this place. I certainly HOPE that Highball never leaves here, as I find him a true diamond in the rough.

Did any of your playing, involve Ft.Wayne Indiana?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    pianogirl, as I was asleep and did not get be involved in the identity game[:D], please let me take this opportunity to say welcome to GB!!

quote:Highball Posted
    instead of the acts of a miniature pony..
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Highball, If you don't knock this leavin' talk off, one of us is gonna mail that piano lady a club so she can whack you upside the noggin and get yer mind right!!!
    edited November -1
    freemind & Horse Plains Drifter ~~

Thanks very much for the welcome and offer of a club but I would like to keep HB intact so will just refuse to bake anymore bread if he stops posting here.

And yes, I played in the Ft. Wayne Philharmonic under Thomas Bricetti, Conductor.
    edited November -1
    freemind & Horse Plains Drifter ~~

Thanks very much for the welcome and offer of a club but I would like to keep HB intact so will just refuse to bake anymore bread if he stops posting here.

And yes, I played in the Ft. Wayne Philharmonic under Thomas Bricetti, Conductor.

I see. I will admit, I have never been to an event there. I like classical music, just never went.

I was curious, if you played near me.
    I live in Steuben county, north of Fort Wayne.

Perhaps if you two ever get back this way, we can break bread sometime.
    edited November -1
    Hello pianogirl, welcome to the forum. It is an honor to meet anyone that is going to keep Bert out of the diner for a few meals, at least. [;)] [:D][:D]

Since you have been reading here for months, you know that it is not usually Highball's original posts that cause the poof, but rather the "replies" that can get heated. And eventually childish. (sometimes, from both sides)

Some people can handle when, what has been their lifelong core beliefs being exposed for the cesspool of corruption that they are, some people can not.

Feel free to jump in anytime, but be warned, this is not a very forgiving bunch, as you have seen. Always glad to see a fresh face/idea/opinion, even if I do not agree with them.
  • steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what's a vulgarity?
    edited November -1
    Well, from the lack of response, there must be ALOT of bread making going on. [:I][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Well, from the lack of response, there must be ALOT of bread making going on.
    HEY !! It was late...old folks like me needs their rest !!

As for the 'getting out your way'..the not -so-subtle pressure is mounting to 'just run over there to look-see once again'...[:D]

We went roaring off this morning to look at a 'Frigidaire Flair'...an electric stove with two overhead ovens and a slide out 4-burner, stainless steel. This thing was built in the 50's...and beats all I ever saw.
    See how quickly a wolf becomes domesticated....[:0][:0]

Thank you all for your warm welcome for the lady. I do not expect her to post a lot...try as I might to get her to.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1

See how quickly a wolf becomes domesticated....[:0][:0]
    Quick as ya know she'll be lettin' ya sleep in the house....[;)]
    edited November -1

HEY !! It was late...old folks like me needs their rest !!

Thank you all for your warm welcome for the lady. I do not expect her to post a lot...try as I might to get her to.

[:D] Old folks, now THAT is funny. I didn't know any "old folks" posted over here. [;)]

Only the BEST in America post over here, IMO, with a few slithering snakes tossed in the mix.
    edited November -1

Well pianogirl,

A hearty 'welcome' to the forums!!!![;)][:D]

My lady plays piano as well, and is musically inclined. I was a few years ago (guitar), but I had an altercation with a chop saw that claimed the pad on the index finger of my left hand. While healing, I did not play, and unfortunately, never picked it back up. My wife is pushing me to start playing again, so I will most likely resume the guitar sometime in the near future.

As for you, you have done well with the company you have chose to keep, and you are in the company of a true patriot. There are but a few sharing the love for liberty that he does, and if this country were populated with men of his character, it would be a much different, better place. You will learn a wealth of valuable information from Bert; I know I have.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Freemind, pickenup, Horse Plains Drifter, wsfiredude ~~

Thanks for the funny comments and warm welcome. There is NO way I'm going to post anything except "thanks to all". I'm leaving the pithy comments to Highball.

Yes, I know Steuben Co. very well. I miss this time of year in Indiana (well, maybe a month ago....probably freezing by now?)

It's great to read the comments you make about HB. He is a unique man with real character & well thought out beliefs . . . one of a kind.

He's also a character and apparently doesn't mind moving 40 inch stoves so I'm very lucky on many levels.

Thanks, guys.
    edited November -1
    Freemind, pickenup, Horse Plains Drifter, wsfiredude ~~

Thanks for the funny comments and warm welcome. There is NO way I'm going to post anything except "thanks to all". I'm leaving the pithy comments to Highball.

Yes, I know Steuben Co. very well. I miss this time of year in Indiana (well, maybe a month ago....probably freezing by now?)

It's great to read the comments you make about HB. He is a unique man with real character & well thought out beliefs . . . one of a kind.

He's also a character and apparently doesn't mind moving 40 inch stoves so I'm very lucky on many levels.

Thanks, guys.

Steuben today was 50 degrees. No more leaves left on the trees.

I live by Angola speedway.

They are claiming we MAY get snow by mid-week.

Enjoy the Ok. weather. [;)]
    edited November -1
    There is NO way I'm going to post anything except "thanks to all".
    Too late.
    You have already gotten your feet wet.
    As of this post, you have 5 posts under your belt.
    Are you saying that you NEVER have an opinion? [;)]

He's also a character
    [:0] Say it ain't so...... [:o)] [:D][:D]