In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Have any of you noticed the newest trend?

gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can remember when Ohio struggled for its God forsaken CHL statute, and was among the last in line to finally do so. However flawed as it may be, a new movement appears to be sweeping forth. This new movement is the Castle Doctrine!!!

What makes this awesome is that it requires no permit or licensing, and shields us from bloodsucking ambulance chasers and socioparasites in the event we must shoot someone AND removes the duty of retreat from us, as well.

Way more useful than CHL's in this country, methinks.

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This is the only encouraging sign I have seen in years. The rest...ccw'S, ECT...is smoke and mirrors.

The downside is that there is another law needed to point out the obvious, to any sane person...
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, I've noticed it.
    Not holding my breath though.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    If nothing else, it is movement in the right direction.. For a welcome change.
  • jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a good thing. Here in Florida they passed it recently and all the media went nuts claiming the "wild west" would be happening here. As we all know, there hasn't been any misuse yet. Keep the faith but prepare for the worst![:)]
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Yup, I've noticed it.
    Not holding my breath though.

Why not? Many states are ready to follow in Florida's footsteps, and it isn't like Florida was the first to do it. Many governors have given their support for it, and many more state reps and senators are calling great attention to make it so.

This is a lot different than our concealed carry issue. The ones supporting this concept have made their point in a way that has made many anti gunners shut their pie holes, because it is making them look like co-conspirators. Let them eat it!!!

Once Tax Hike Taft is out of office, Ken Blackwell is ready to fix this problem, right here in Ohio, where good gun laws are rare. Jim Petro is also willing to do it. Both are ready to put in place a preemption statute and fix the stupidities and paradoxes of the CHL statute, as well. I can't wait for them to do it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    This is the only encouraging sign I have seen in years. The rest...ccw'S, ECT...is smoke and mirrors.

The downside is that there is another law needed to point out the obvious, to any sane person...

At least it isn't a gun law. It deals more with civil law, while giving protection where criminal law is concerned, as well. It has nothing to do with firearms, even though they will no doubt be used by people covered by the law.

The Brady Bunch had their "shoot first" initiative popped!! That kicks @$$!!!!
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a good law it is a step in the right direction .[8D]

Just you all remember the CCW is a back door registration and a tax on your rights.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunphreak,
    Sorry, that comment (Not holding my breath though) was made with the "overall" gun rights picture in mind. With the ever present ebb and flow of the tide, I have to wonder how long our current "flow" will be with us. It's been a LONG time coming. Don't let your guard down, be ever vigilant "they" are NOT asleep.

Narrowing it down to "just" the Castle Doctrine, I believe you are correct. This is a good thing. It gives us back the right to treat criminals as they should be treated, without fear of prosecution.

As is inevitable, this will be tested in court. I do hope that it stands up, and stops the frivolous law suits from being brought against anyone that has had to do a little "cleansing of the gene pool." [;)]

P.S.
    I can hardly believe I wrote that, "It gives us back the right"
    Have to agree with Highball here.
    We actually need a LAW to point out the obvious??
    What a shame.
    But yes, a step in the right direction.
    edited November -1
    I hear ya, pickenup!!!