In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

OK, Answer This

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
I've got just a short minute here so I just want to quickly post this.

I assume that EVERYONE here is against the idea of themselves or others leaving a loaded firearm laying around unattended at home or in public. At home would be their home or others homes, etc. In public would be on a park picnic table, table in a restaurant, etc.

So, please tell me in a short paragraph why you feel leaving a loaded gun laying around is not a good idea. Or, heck, if you think it is a good idea, tell me why.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Until and unless you step-up, man-up and address the issues and questions which continue to hang, in your previous threads, you are deserving of no further attention.

How about 'you' type a short paragraph, addressing why you do not truly believe in individual liberty, or in individual/family/societal responsibility and accountability outside of government.

The 'quest of trfox' continues, desperately seeking 'someone', 'somewhere' who 'somehow' agrees with his collectivist views and his innate fear of liberty and of 'other people' and what they 'may' do.
    edited November -1
    One other point....is this another attempt to 'beat us to death' with your rapier wit and/or your unassailable arguments?

If so, you need some more work......lots of it.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Until and unless you step-up, man-up and address the issues and questions which continue to hang, in your previous threads, you are deserving of no further attention.

How about 'you' type a short paragraph, addressing why you do not truly believe in individual liberty, or in individual/family/societal responsibility and accountability outside of government.

The 'quest of trfox' continues, desperately seeking 'someone', 'somewhere' who 'somehow' agrees with his collectivist views and his innate fear of liberty and of 'other people' and what they 'may' do.

Exactly, your turn to answer some questions and you're ducking.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Whatamatter? Wayne calling for his personal ball washer? (ALA Lewis Black)

Perhaps you can't bear to be from under the bed so long? The world is a scary place, you know.

Funny how you attempt to "beat us to death" with you questions, yet can't find ANY courage to answer ANY for yourself.

Either man up or just admit that you are a flaming LIBERAL. For crying out loud Larry, is it THAT hard to face yourself in the mirror?
  • shoots2muchshoots2much Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I assume that EVERYONE here is against the idea of themselves or others leaving a loaded firearm laying around unattended at home or in public. At home would be their home or others homes, etc. In public would be on a park picnic table, table in a restaurant, etc.

So, please tell me in a short paragraph why you feel leaving a loaded gun laying around is not a good idea. Or, heck, if you think it is a good idea, tell me why.

Liberal Much ?
    Here's a question for ya, If being a liberal is so noble, why hide behind rhetoric ?
  • steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dude, you crack me the hell up. what are you looking for in here? i keep a loaded 1911 on me at all times. ALL. but i won't answer your question either.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Hmmm....None of the responders want to describe why it is a bad idea to leave a loaded, unattended gun in their home, someone's elses home or out in public. Well, I will explain for you. Because it is a DANGEROUS idea.

Just as having an unattended vending machine sitting around offering guns to anyone who has the cash/credit cards. If my logic is not true, then go ahead and tell me why you think loaded, unattended guns laying around is fine with you. Come back with all the personal attacks you care to. YOu are just dodging the question because you don't dare answer it as it will out you as a hypocrite.

So...........go ahead an answer unless you are afraid of the question.
    edited November -1
    Hmmm....None of the responders want to describe why it is a bad idea to leave a loaded, unattended gun in their home, someone's elses home or out in public. Well, I will explain for you. Because it is a DANGEROUS idea.

Just as having an unattended vending machine sitting around offering guns to anyone who has the cash/credit cards. If my logic is not true, then go ahead and tell me why you think loaded, unattended guns laying around is fine with you. Come back with all the personal attacks you care to. YOu are just dodging the question because you don't dare answer it as it will out you as a hypocrite.

Your questions HAVE been answered Larry. You are just a flaming Liberal and can't seem to face that very fact. Next you will be spouting off about "It is FOR the children" and various other tired sayings the liberals use.

There ARE dangers in freedom. Like it or not, freedom isn't free. It takes people being RESPONSIBLE for themselves. The dangers of a "criminal" are no less with the laws we are saddled with, then if we had NO laws regaurding the second amnendment. All these feel good laws don't protect a damn thing. They only seek to make "criminals" out of the citizenry.
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    I am still waiting for a response in paragraph form from you tr, TO each of the many questions that were presented U in your last couple of threads.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IdahoRedneck
    I am still waiting for a response in paragraph form from you tr, TO each of the many questions that were presented U in your last couple of threads.

Actually there have been more responses than I care to read so it is unlikely I will answer many of them. But since I posted a topic that I am giving the field to the crazy people who think it is fine to sell guns from vending machines maybe that is enough of an answer.
    edited November -1

Personally, I firmly believe that you and those with similar views are far more dangerous than ANY loaded and/or unattended firearms left around, even if those firearms were left in schools, prisons or mental institutions.

We could easily survive any specific incidents resulting from such unattended firearms. You and your philosophical compadres along with your NRA-esque views, well, they will be the facilitators of the death of this Republic and our RKBA.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IdahoRedneck

Actually there have been more responses than I care to read so it is unlikely I will answer many of them. But since I posted a topic that I am giving the field to the crazy people who think it is fine to sell guns from vending machines maybe that is enough of an answer.
    ...and yet again he scurries away to hide and to dart out in the future to nip an ankle or two and to try, once again, to find 'someone', 'somehow', 'somewhere' who will agree with his flawed views and make him feel better about his ethic & philosophy of collectivism.

The saga continues.....
  • steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seriously, the way i was raised, you didn't touch another mans gun unless he said you could look. EVER. is it the governments responsability or the parents?
  • COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leaving a loaded gun out on top of the television was a standard event in my house growing up. My grandfather was a cop and we were taught from day one to respect other people's property and NOT TO TOUCH it.

I have many loaded firearms around my house. Some are in the open and others not so open. If a person enters my house it's by invitation and thus I know they will respect my property. If they enter without an invitation, then they will be greeted with a case of acute lead poisoning.

Let it be known though that I have one in my collection for people like you. It's made by the Phoenix gun company. I call it my "Liberal Gun". By the time you finally figure out how to load it and shoot it because of its many "must be safe" features, you might as well just throw it at the intruder. This should satisfy those out there who feel it's their duty to impose their views of what is safe and how we must protect those too stupid to think. I say chlorine in the gene pool is insufficient. I say it needs a bit of lead and chlorine. I understand liberals are allergic to things like lead, self determination and responsibilities.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you missed the new liberal lead for bullets...be great for the phoenix which oddly enuff has a great rating from gun tests....i think they vaporize on contact with search warrant paper or mandates from congress
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COBmmcmss
    Leaving a loaded gun out on top of the television was a standard event in my house growing up. My grandfather was a cop and we were taught from day one to respect other people's property and NOT TO TOUCH it.

I have many loaded firearms around my house. Some are in the open and others not so open. If a person enters my house it's by invitation and thus I know they will respect my property. If they enter without an invitation, then they will be greeted with a case of acute lead poisoning.

Let it be known though that I have one in my collection for people like you. It's made by the Phoenix gun company. I call it my "Liberal Gun". By the time you finally figure out how to load it and shoot it because of its many "must be safe" features, you might as well just throw it at the intruder. This should satisfy those out there who feel it's their duty to impose their views of what is safe and how we must protect those too stupid to think. I say chlorine in the gene pool is insufficient. I say it needs a bit of lead and chlorine. I understand liberals are allergic to things like lead, self determination and responsibilities.

Every year you hear about fatal gun accidents involving children. Yet many here are absolutely positive it will never happen to them. And of course that is what the people whom it DID happen to thought. Up until the time it happened to them.

What is liberal about my practice of keeping a loaded and chambered handgun in a digital gun safe on my night stand? Hell, I have a 7 year old grandson running around. I don't care what ANYBODY says, you cannot absolutely predict what a 7 year old will do. It only takes milliseconds and touching two buttons for me to access that firearm. If that is a liberal attitude then I am guilty.

If you ever have a fatal gun accident at your house I hope you do not remember your posted position here. If you do, it will haunt you the rest of your life.

Sincerely, good luck on that situation. I would not want to be part of it.
  • COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [TRFOX quote]
    "Every year you hear about fatal gun accidents involving children."

These happen to those who are afraid to teach their children the right way to respect and handle firearms. The problem is NOT the gun, it's the parent.

"Yet many here are absolutely positive it will never happen to them. And of course that is what the people whom it DID happen to thought. Up until the time it happened to them."

That's right. It happened to people who DIDN'T THINK. They didn't think it would happen because they didn't follow the first rule of parenting, TEACH YOUR CHILDREN.

"What is liberal about my practice of keeping a loaded and chambered handgun in a digital gun safe on my night stand?"

What is liberal is that you have to keep it in a safe in your own home. I have many loaded firearms around me and no worries that ANY child in my home will touch it without permission and supervision. Liberalism is not accepting personal responsibility for your conduct. I do not practice liberalism, I choose proper parenting!

"Hell, I have a 7 year old grandson running around. I don't care what ANYBODY says, you cannot absolutely predict what a 7 year old will do. It only takes milliseconds and touching two buttons for me to access that firearm. If that is a liberal attitude then I am guilty."

Then I commend you for owning up to the fact you are unable to teach even a 7-year old. Each of my sons had their own rifle at age 8. I didn't just start their training the day they got their first rifle, it started from day one!

If you ever have a fatal gun accident at your house I hope you do not remember your posted position here. If you do, it will haunt you the rest of your life.

If I ever have a fatal gun discharge in my home, it will only be because I was on the trigger and a perp was on the business end. Each of my sons now keeps a loaded weapon near at hand and their wives have each been instructed in the proper care and use. The prime rule of gun ownership, if you're not willing to use it - lose it. Don't just keep it for protection if you can't pull the trigger when it's time. So each made their own independent choice and each have chosen the side of individual responsibility and proper parenting. I sir, have no issue with any fatal gun discharge and there are no accidents, just stupidity.

Sincerely, good luck on that situation. I would not want to be part of it.
    [/quote]

I have not depended on luck (like those unfortunates that believed they could not be hurt or the gun found). I depend on proper training, respect for what a firearm can do and proper parenting.
  • watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    I sleep with a loaded 1911 under my pillow, my son sleeps with me in the same bed at times. First and foremost, I teach my son about gun safety, I educate my son about firearms and that's being a responsible parent.

I REFUSE to be a VICTIM in my own home. Imagine having a home invasion in the middle of the night and in a huge panic you have to get to your gun in the middle of a sound sleep and you have to worry about remembering a (RIDICULOUS) code to a safe! That could cost you and your familys life to get to your gun while someone is already standing over you.

No way!! I value my familys life and my own. It's all comes down to educating your children about firearms and spending quality time with them.

You can still be safe by educating your child about firearms, it doesn't mean that you are going to put a firearm down on their play table.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I believe that most here can immediately name at least twenty inanimate objects that are dangerous. Shall we tax, regulate, restrict, and license them all? That way we would never need to worry about anyone harming themselves or someone else, hey?

That's certainly the way the Barack Obama/Charles Schumer/Nancy Pelosi/Harry Reid types of this world would have it, isn't it?
  • ron65ron65 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO an empty/unloaded gun is just a club. I just think it's dumb when I see these so called hunting shows that show people out hunting with nothing in the chamber.I've only been hunting for about 55 yrs.but although I'm not too old to learn, I'm not changing my ways. When I enter the woods or prarie dog land my gun is loaded and ready to fire; safety on. In the house all guns are loaded also.That way you never have to wonder if it's loaded;cause you know it is.Different strokes for different folks. Ron
  • james832james832 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am getting up there in years. All of my grandparents were alive when Geronimo was still on the fighting for his was of life. My father told that he got two very memorable spanking in his life. one- he insulted his mothers cooking, two- he forgot to load the rifle after cleaning before hanging it back in the rack.
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since one of the first rules of gun safety is to treat every gun as if it's loaded even when you know it's not, It seems perfectly logical to me to just leave them all loaded, the only exception is when cleaning, fixing, or handing it to someone you don't trust.

I do remove loaded guns from the reach of children not my own when they visit.
  • thebigsdthebigsd Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep a loaded gun on my person or in my immediate area at all times when I am at home. You never know what may happen. I agree with everyone else. Children need to be taught safety. Besides that, it is easy to keep a loaded firearm in an open location that is accessible to an adult but not a child (i.e. top shelf of a bookcase, etc.)
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I wouldn't leave a loaded OR unloaded gun laying around, unattended, in public because they are valuable and I don't want them to be stolen. They are mine and I want to keep them. I also wouldn't leave my checkbook, watch, cell phone or wedding ring unattended for the same reason.

At home, most of my firearms are locked up, again, because they are valuable, they are mine and I want to keep them. I keep two loaded firearms in my house. They are easily accessable and ready for use. They NOT in plain view though. My children have been trained in how to use them and have fired them many times.

I really don't see what the OP has to do with "Gun Rights and Constitutional Law". Can you enlighten me as to the relevance?