In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

yet another reason the govt will win

RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
a while ago i saw the stats on registered machine guns in hands of citizens, it was about 50-50 vs. the government agencies. today, while waiting for my doctor to see me came across "legal notices" page in wall street journal which had a full page of BATFE confiscating and disposing of firearms confiscated. a good portion of them were machine guns. doesn't look as though there's going to be a fair balance soon. just a thought.

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Machine guns are worthless against an experienced marksman.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    I beg to differ. however, it's not the point here anyhow, the point is that the process of disarming the public is ongoing. you should check out that page -- it's pretty disturbing.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Machine guns are only useful as long as you can keep them fed with ammo.

For the citizen-militia, they have little practicality...
    edited November -1
    alright. you win. no machine guns for citizens.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You misunderstand me.....

I'm not against civilian ownership of automatic weapons, I just see them as not being practical..

Flamethrowers are about the coolest weapon I can imagine...but if the SHTF I have no desire to strap one on.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    You misunderstand me.....

yeah, perhaps, my broken thumb is killing me today [:(!]

quote:
    I'm not against civilian ownership of automatic weapons, I just see them as not being practical..

Flamethrowers are about the coolest weapon I can imagine...but if the SHTF I have no desire to strap one on.

i understand, i still think, well at least judging from civilians around me, that it ain't all that impractical. same goes for pistols, semi-auto rifles, well anything gas-powered that's able to propel a projectile. a lot of people are vets, besides, if people had more guns, or machine guns, in this case, just as with case with any firearms, they'd become more proficient with them.

however, it wasn't the point of the original post, as i already said it before, it's all a matter of equal firepower.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do I agree with your starting premise? Of course,.........it is only common sense, that they want an "imbalanced field" from their point of view.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Read sig.

I don't need a machine gun-have no use for one. They will be easily accessible when the time comes.
    edited November -1