In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Order Your Custom NRA Cell Phone Case Today!

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
They don't have enough money to fight anti-gun legislation, but they can still make a custom cell phone case!

https://www.5linx.com/nra/

What is wrong with this picture?

Comments

• RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Hah, you got the same email I did just now, didn'tcha?

Well, the case cost'em probably $3-5 manufactured and shipped, so I'd say there's nothing wrong, they are making a few bucks.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually they probably just licensed their name and logo to whatever company is really running this phone thing. But it just gets me when an organization always cries poor and then turns around and wants to sell you a menagerie of logo merchandise.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    Actually they probably just licensed their name and logo to whatever company is really running this phone thing.

Yes, that's why it costs them $3-5 vs. $1-2

But it just gets me when an organization always cries poor and then turns around and wants to sell you a menagerie of logo merchandise.

Again, that's just a way for them to make a buck. HOW they use it -- is the real question.
  • gharghar Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No doubt made in China.quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    Hah, you got the same email I did just now, didn'tcha?

Well, the case cost'em probably $3-5 manufactured and shipped, so I'd say there's nothing wrong, they are making a few bucks.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    They don't have enough money to fight anti-gun legislation, but they can still make a custom cell phone case!

https://www.5linx.com/nra/

What is wrong with this picture?

The NRA does spend money against the anti-gun legislation/actions. For example their lawsuit (along with the SAF) against the gun confiscation in New Orleans after the Hurricane.

But you already know that. It is just apparent that some think the NRA has a trust fund or something and doesn't need to beg for any funds with which to operate. Or that the executives of the NRA should either work cheap or for free. Just as all of us want to do.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Or that the executives of the NRA should either work cheap or for free.
    The president of the United States makes $400,000 a year to run this COUNTRY.
    Wayne Lapierre needs $1,000,000 (yes that is ONE MILLION) a year
    to be VICE President of the NRA???
    Lets see, how many memberships does it take to pay this ONE man?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    28,571.43 at the full,non-discounted, one year rate.
    What a deal!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner