In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mi Carbine illegal in NJ

woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
Our one term governor Florio's ban on certan semi automatic rifles made it illegal to own an M-1 Carbine in New Jersey. A sacrilege. It is our hope that a favorable interpretation of the Second Amendment by the US Superior Court this year will erase that edict. Strange that the M-1 is illegal but it's ok to own an AK-47 here.

Comments

• nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What makes the M1 Car illegal only in the Liberal State of Jersey ?
    Abort Cuomo
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    What makes the M1 Car illegal only in the Liberal State of Jersey ?

Oh, probably somebody in NJ govt. just doesn't like the M1 Carbine or maybe the name sounds scary to them or who knows about those zany gun hating liberals. Logic and reason get no welcome from them.
  • MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The standard mag for it is 20 rnds. The limit in NJ is 15 and anything more is a 4th class felony.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matchshot:

That Dog don't hunt!! I have both 5 and 10 round magazines for mine. (Not to exclude 20, 30 and 40's)
    edited November -1
    Wagon Wheel, I understand that they do make other magazines. At the time the idiotic list of "banned assault weapons" was made up, the legal eagles who did it, based their adding it to the list on what they thought was the standard mag size. That is my understanding. To give you an idea of how senseless the list is, Mini 14's were banned but not Mini 30's, Colt AR-15 were banned, but you can now buy an A-2 as long as it doesn't have a flash suppressor or bayonet lug. You can buy an M1 but not an M14. No sense to any of it. The list for the most part is out of date, but guns that are older and no longe made or have not had a name change by a manufacturer remain banned. The M1 carbine is one as is the AK47. Senseless, stupid and only followed by law abiding citizens.
  • jma2006jma2006 Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I lived in New Jersey, I'd move. Isn't New Jersey another country ?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jma2006
    If I lived in New Jersey, I'd move. Isn't New Jersey another country ?

North Jersey is. South Jersey is a captive nation.
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aren't .22 tube mag rifles holding 16 .22 Short rounds also illegal?
    The kind one saw at any county fair?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    Aren't .22 tube mag rifles holding 16 .22 Short rounds also illegal?
    The kind one saw at any county fair?

All I know is my old Springfield tube feed holds 12 LR.[;)]
  • rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They probably had M1 in mind but the carbine part just makes it sound so mean, I think if you go to your local gunsmith a have him saw off the carbine part of the rifle, it will be N.J. compliant.[;)]