In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

H.R.2038 bans ALL semi-autos with detachable mags?

ralph the wonder llamaralph the wonder llama Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
I just took a closer look at this bill, and, as if it couldn't be any more ridiculous, it seems it classifies ALL semi-automatics that accept detachable magazines as assault weapons.

Not only does the bill ban rifles with "barrel shrouds", but, look at how they define "pistol grip":

quote:
`(42) PISTOL GRIP- The term `pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

Apparently as long as anything on the rifle "functions as a grip", regardless of whether or not it actually has a pistol grip, it's an assault weapon, and banned. S.1431 defines "pistol grip" the same way.

Comments

• hondohondo Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to one of California's more moderate gun laws.......Hondo
  • ralph the wonder llamaralph the wonder llama Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know, I know... I just can't get over this... and it bans all semi-auto shotguns?! What do you think are the odds this will get signed into law?
  • TexdocTexdoc Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get over to the NRA site and start sending messages to your representatives. It does make a difference. Actually I was rather altruistic, and told them that they must oppose the bills to prevent the Democrats sponsoring the bills from looking really stupid...nothing but the best of intentions... [:)]

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?"
    Clint Smith