In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

2nd Ammendment

brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
There is nothing we can say or add in regards to the Second Amendment. It was written quite plainly in it's original form. It has been commented on, interpereted, debated, quoted, misquoted, ignored, trampled, defended, infringed, fought for, died for, and crapped on by politicians.

No other Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America has caused so much contempt among the neocommunist, tyrannical rabble rousers who constantly attempt to get this pesky thorn of Liberty removed from their sides.

It is obviously a major roadblock to political agendas, or there would not be so many politicians attempting to restrict it.

The Second Amendment obviously works as it was intended to, otherwise, communistic, tyrannical, elitest politicians would not be so rabidly vehement about getting it suppressed.

It is obvious from the financial happenings of the last two years that the Second Amendment, and the practice of what it says, is needed more now than ever. We are at a critical point in the history of this country.

The Federal government is bankrupt. The Democrat majority of Congress is pushing to rob all Retirement Plans of citizens who managed to save some money. The sheeple have elected an anti-American for President. We are in a deep recession that is threatening to develop into the Second Great Depression. US Army troops are being stationed in the US to defend property and maintain civil obedience during the coming riots and unrest that will result from the collapse of the US financial system. World markets are crumbling. Foreign nations are dumping US dollars, in an effort to stem their own financial hemorrhaging. American consumers are abandoning all the retail stores, and going to the gun dealers to buy what they can before it is outlawed. Criminals are running amok. Government meddling in the economy is making it worse.

I firmly believe we are in for some very rough times in the next year or two.

I, for one, am glad our Founding Fathers had the foresight to include the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights, BTW is not a granting of Rights. It is an enumeration (listing) of Rights that every Freeman was given by God. The Founding Fathers took the time to list them on a "Bill" the same way the meals at a restaurant are listed on a menu or "Bill of Fare" as it was once called. The Founding Fathers took the effort to list the Bill of Rights, because they had the foresight to realize that there are those among humans who would usurp those Rights any way they possibly could. The listing of them is an acknowledgement of Gods Liberty Gifts to man. It was an act of reverence and Christian Faith exercised by a very religious group of wise men. Having them enumerated makes it harder for those with evil intentions to obscure them for nefarious purposes.

Use your Second Amendment (and the rest) Rights or lose them. It's a simple choice.

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent post, you'll find no disagreement here.
  • Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always a good thing to re-establish our connection to our base, No 15;

The reason we all still enjoy even a tiny bit of freedom.

As surely as the sun rises and sets ..the day we allow them to take the Second is the day the world will end for us.

I do not consider it hyperbole ..stating that those advocating gun control are the enemies of all I hold dear.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice brick!!

I just can't figure out why the "gov" wants to disarm it's citizens?
    The military certainly can overpower any of us with their weapons.
    If their goal is to destroy us then they cannot exsist without the people. Pure suicide.

It's just doesn't make sense.[:(!]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:If their goal is to destroy us then they cannot exsist without the people. Pure suicide
    During the purges of the last century, governments murdered many millions of their own people.
    The Elites continued to live handsomely...and that is all they care about.
    One weapon left in the hands of Patriot is a threat to them...and the lifestyle they seek.
  • Double_v23Double_v23 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is why I love America. Because it takes a nation of support to go along with anything that one man in Government wants to change. Just because OBAMA said he will remove every gun from every home. He won't...He tried it in Illinois and that misstep almost cost him the governer's job. He would be a fool to try it again.

The presidency is only as powerful as our other elected officials will let it become. And as long as the democrats don't have the power to break a fillibuster then we have nothing to worry about.

There is a chance that they will restrict High Capacity weapons or something along this order but there is no way that he will be able to pass an amendment that has the power to send agents into our homes and inspect all our weapons.

I personally look forward to attempts at taking our weapons from us...it will make some people in government look very stupid.

Just in case though, I am moving to Texas.
  • meanmarine64meanmarine64 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello I'm new at this and all i can say about our 2nd amendment is there are a lot of people that have gave there life to protect it. And now people have elected a person that will not put his hand over his heart for the national anthem or the pledge of allegents. I will never call oboma president. I'm a 100% combat disabled vet our government had no trouble giving me a m14 with a selector at 17 years old and now they want to take my guns. Like the old saying you will have to pry it from my dead cold hands.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248
    There is nothing we can say or add in regards to the Second Amendment. It was written quite plainly in it's original form. It has been commented on, interpereted, debated, quoted, misquoted, ignored, trampled, defended, infringed, fought for, died for, and crapped on by politicians.

No other Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America has caused so much contempt among the neocommunist, tyrannical rabble rousers who constantly attempt to get this pesky thorn of Liberty removed from their sides.

It is obviously a major roadblock to political agendas, or there would not be so many politicians attempting to restrict it.

The Second Amendment obviously works as it was intended to, otherwise, communistic, tyrannical, elitest politicians would not be so rabidly vehement about getting it suppressed.

It is obvious from the financial happenings of the last two years that the Second Amendment, and the practice of what it says, is needed more now than ever. We are at a critical point in the history of this country.

The Federal government is bankrupt. The Democrat majority of Congress is pushing to rob all Retirement Plans of citizens who managed to save some money. The sheeple have elected an anti-American for President. We are in a deep recession that is threatening to develop into the Second Great Depression. US Army troops are being stationed in the US to defend property and maintain civil obedience during the coming riots and unrest that will result from the collapse of the US financial system. World markets are crumbling. Foreign nations are dumping US dollars, in an effort to stem their own financial hemorrhaging. American consumers are abandoning all the retail stores, and going to the gun dealers to buy what they can before it is outlawed. Criminals are running amok. Government meddling in the economy is making it worse.

I firmly believe we are in for some very rough times in the next year or two.

I, for one, am glad our Founding Fathers had the foresight to include the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights, BTW is not a granting of Rights. It is an enumeration (listing) of Rights that every Freeman was given by God. The Founding Fathers took the time to list them on a "Bill" the same way the meals at a restaurant are listed on a menu or "Bill of Fare" as it was once called. The Founding Fathers took the effort to list the Bill of Rights, because they had the foresight to realize that there are those among humans who would usurp those Rights any way they possibly could. The listing of them is an acknowledgement of Gods Liberty Gifts to man. It was an act of reverence and Christian Faith exercised by a very religious group of wise men. Having them enumerated makes it harder for those with evil intentions to obscure them for nefarious purposes.

Use your Second Amendment (and the rest) Rights or lose them. It's a simple choice.

I agree with most of your posts, EXCEPT where you say 'it works'!!
    It does not work or there would be no restrictions on our CCW ANYWHERE in the USA!!![:(!] We would not have to jump through hoops to get a gun. Hollow point bullets would not be illegal in NJ. We would not have cities openly defying their recent Supreme Court decision. And the list goes on and on! So it is not working, thus we have an UP HILL battle to get it working again!!![V]
  • redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Excellent post, you'll find no disagreement here.
    +1
  • brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    quote:I agree with most of your posts, EXCEPT where you say 'it works'!!
    It does not work or there would be no restrictions on our CCW ANYWHERE in the USA!!![:(!] We would not have to jump through hoops to get a gun. Hollow point bullets would not be illegal in NJ. We would not have cities openly defying their recent Supreme Court decision. And the list goes on and on! So it is not working, thus we have an UP HILL battle to get it working again!!![V]

If it was interpeted as it was written and abided by, it would work. Thats what i meant. The current idea of the Constituion as a "living Document" does not sit well with me ner' bit!
    edited November -1
    Agreed, but 'interpretation' is just that. It could have been written better. But I honestly do not believe those who drafted it had any idea it would be attacked the way it is today.
    They would be dumbfounded if they could see the advances in weapons technology and the attitudes of MANY of our 'citizens' today.[V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    Agreed, but 'interpretation' is just that. It could have been written better. But I honestly do not believe those who drafted it had any idea it would be attacked the way it is today.
    They would be dumbfounded if they could see the advances in weapons technology and the attitudes of MANY of our 'citizens' today.[V]

Then why did they even draft it in the first place? They obviously had no idea what the advancements in weapomry would take, but you know the Founding Fathers new that there would be advancements in technology. Im sure they seen some advancements in their lifetime.
    edited November -1
    Every 'law' must have an enforcement/penalty clause or it is worthless! The bill of Rights is no different. It is and was common knowlage that if a person is not armed they are HELPLESS in the presents of evil, regardless of the source of this evil. Thus the 2nd Amendment. It is all about self defense, both individual and collective!!! All I am saying is it could have been worded better to make the interpretation harder for those who wish to misinterpret it.
    (See below)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    Every 'law' must have an enforcement/penalty clause or it is worthless! The bill of Rights is no different. It is and was common knowlage that if a person is not armed they are HELPLESS in the presents of evil, regardless of the source of this evil. Thus the 2nd Amendment. It is all about self defense, both individual and collective!!! All I am saying is it could have been worded better to make the interpretation harder for those who wish to misinterpret it.
    (See below)

OK
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    In the time it was written it couldn't have been written any better, it was worded simple, and to the point. The problem is we now are educated beyond our knowledge, and find any way we can to change the meaning of words.
    edited November -1
    I think if you check the dictionary you will find most words have more than one meaning. There in lies the problem!!!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:It is all about self defense, both individual and collective!!! All I am saying is it could have been worded better to
    "Self defense". Sounds so reasonable.

Actually, the Second Amendment was intended as a bulwark against the sort of tyranny that the Founders just had fought a war to end.
    By ignoring or downplaying that aspect of the Second, one is able too swallow government restrictions...
    Trfox utterly rejects the idea that the people could beat the government in a balls to the wall fight...so he accepts restrictions that SHOULD gag a decent Citizen.

As, Jim Rau, do you.

`A well Regulated Militia" Jim Rau; That means weapons commonly used by the Military. The Founders FEARED a standing army. Knowing that an army would be necessary...they set up special funding ..every two years..to try and keep it under control.

You, Jim, the NRA, Trfoxs...you are turning over the combinations of the last locks holding the Beast under control.
    edited November -1
    HB,
    What you describe is self defense in my mind. If we find a need to defend ourselves from an out of control government do you not consider this self defense????
    By the way I am not turning over any 'locks' to 'anyone'![;)]
  • gregoryhart1gregoryhart1 Member Posts: 518 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What many people fail to recognize is the Second Ammendment, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights, wasn't intended to protect us from foreign threats or each other. They were put in place to prevent the government from becoming too powerful. I think we were all taught in school the three branches of govenrment, Executive, Legislative, and Judicial. What we weren't taught is there's a fourth branch, and that is an armed population.
    GH1[:)]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    GH1: you are correct!

Jim Rau: it is truly odd to hear you talk about CCW as a restriction (which it most certainly is). When you first came on GBForums, every other post was how proud you were of your personally responsibility for getting it passed. Glad to hear you have seen the error of your ways.