In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Unique Personal Identification Number

shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
The new Unique Personal Identification Number or ( UPIN ) is new. It is question #9 on the new white 4473 form that you fill out when you buy a firearm.
The FBI will give anyone a UPIN # to put in question #9 on the 4473 form . It is a voluntary thing. It is for people who get delayed all of the time on NICS checks do to them having a name in common with a criminal or someone who would be denied on a NICS check. I would think your
SS# would do the same thing. The SS# is optional
on the 4473 form and should never be given out to anyone but we all know how that goes.
The NRA says this is a good thing for the people it would effect . It is my opinion that one should only do this if all else fails.[8D]

Comments

• ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm one of those who is constantly delayed and I looked into this myself. It is a bad thing, you have to give them all of your info and agree for them to keep a file on you.. This means all of your purchases where NICS is called would go into this file, legally. They would be able, by law, to share that information with other government agencies. No thanks, I'll wait the day or two it takes.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ageed this is not a good thing. the best way to take care of problems wit innocent people belaying delayed for a gun purchase is do away with the d8mn background check.[}:)]

parabellem molone lahveh
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, its a pain- but if you have a name like Charles Manson, Ben Laden, etc, and just can't break your momma's heart by changing it legally, I can understand where the UPIN would be real tempting.

"I have good news and bad. Make it through, you don't have to prove anything to anyone the rest of your life. Bad news- you have to prove it to me first." CSM, US Army Ranger School.
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA says this is a good thing for the people it would effect . It is my opinion that one should only do this if all else fails.
    I think that SS# would do the trick.
    The Government has a lot of people that need something to do,
    keeping files on we the people is what they do best.[8D]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:The NRA says this is a good thing for the people it would effect
    This says it all about the NRA. Lets all rally around and pretend a pile of Snit is really a rose.

Let us actually DEMAND that this...and 20,001 gun laws be rolled back..on the basis of being totally unConstitutional..Eh ?
    edited November -1
    Good idea highball, let me know how we can
    make it happen and I will help.
    Until then I will not hold my hand
    on my * waiting for it to happen.[8D]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    If it NEVER happens it will not stop me from understanding the tyranny we live under.

Does that make me better then you ? Nahhh...just smarter. AND..if your last post wasn't pure sarcasm directed at me...consider my post directed at those 'Compromisers" that infest the gun rights movement.
    edited November -1
    The one who compromises is the one that loses
    something to the other side. ALLWAYS

Just having some fun will you , don't be so up tight.[8D]
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I have said before, I am pro-background check, as long as they check for three things:

1. Legal citizenship
    2. Legal age
    3. Felony convictions/warrants

How is it that I can get pulled over for speeding and a cop can find out in 15 minutes parked on the side of the road if I owe child support in another state (never happened to me, just a hypothetical[;)]), yet I can give a gun dealer my name, address, DL, SSN, and it takes the cops two days to run a background?

My favorite excuse is when they say "the system is down". Great! Does that mean all of the child molesters that get stopped for speeding at that moment are getting away? I think not.

-Wolf

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LABE

The Second Amendment begins when the First Amendment ends.
    edited November -1
    This is not new , they had it 30 years ago.
    The day our government gets it all togather,
    we are all in deep sh#t.[8D]
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootstright
    This is not new , they had it 30 years ago.
    The day our government gets it all togather,
    we are all in deep sh#t.[8D]

Our government is so incompetent they will never get it together so well that we cannot dig our way out of the sh# we're in.

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have but one concern, the U.S. Military and their weapons. Granted, they will not win a guerilla war, they're proving that against a bunch of rag-tags in Iraq. I just don't know how brainwashed our soldiers are, will they shoot at an American trying to defend his/her freedoms, even though they will be told otherwise? They had a hard time with the confiscations in NOLA.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?