In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How 2 Start 3rd or 4th Party And Make Reps & Demos

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
Here is an idea I heard about a long time ago and have never heard about since. It is a free and easy way to potentially effectively force your political party of choice (only 2 real choices, the Republicians or Democrats) pay attention to you and to actually consider their each and every action in regards to governing this country. ALLOW EACH VOTER TO VOTE FOR AS MANY CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR A PARTICULAR OFFICE AS HE/SHE WANTS TO.

Now I didn't say just let each voter vote as many times as they want to. I said let each voter vote for as many candidates running for
U.S. President, for example, as they want to. That means if you like the Republician AND the Libertarian candidate, you can vote for BOTH OF THEM. There is absoutely no harm in doing this because it will still be the candidate with the most votes wins, just as now. And by voting for the Republician and Libertarian you are not throwing away your vote as happens now. So the Libertarian Candidate just might win, but even if he/she loses you have still helped the citizens because the Republician winner will look at all those vote the loser Libertarian candidate received and he will know that he better clean up his act or next time that Libertarian will win.

Compare that situation to the present situation. If you are a strong Republician (to protect gun rights for example) they know that they can treat you pretty badly before you will ever change parties.

IMHO this change in voting could do more to clean up this country than anything else that is or has been offered. If you agree and want to see this happen all you need do is start to convince people around you to press for this change, just as I am doing now. When enough people demand this change we will get it.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I love, absolutely LOVE this idea!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this idea has been tried. it is fought by the major parties becasue of the potential losses the would face. they argue one person one vote doesnt allow for it.

happiness is a warm gun, preferably preban
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    2gun: I guess they are right in that the present "one man, one vote" doesn't allow for it. And of course the two present beneficeries of this situation, the Dems & Reps would hate this idea. But we need to legally change the situation to allow for voting for more than one canadidate.

JPWolff: I am glad you like and are willing to try new solutions and this is probably a reflection of your intelligence. But for comparsion check out my post of this topic on the general discussion board and notice the very different responces I got.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    I wonder just how we would get this changed tho.....and the battle would be intense I suspect ,as the 2 parties would figure to lose much.? Hmmmmm,interesting idea.....
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I'll check out your post over there, amongst the sheeple, fox.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Following along the line you propose, Imagine if you would........
    As usual.......
    The Dems have a candidate that is "the lesser of two evils" for them.
    The Reps have a candidate that is "the lesser of two evils" for them.
    There is a third party that many in both parties like,
    but they say that person can not win the election,
    because they are not of the 2 party system.
    Soooo...........
    Along with voting their party lines, 1/3 of the Dems also vote for that third party.
    Along with voting their party lines, 1/3 of the Reps also vote for that third party.
    Now the Dems have ? of their votes.
    The Reps have ? of their votes.
    BUT the third party has 2/3 of the votes.
    THE WINNER..........a third party.
    Hmmmmmmmmm...........
    Could this be exactly what they are afraid of????

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    pickenup, i think this is exactly what they are afraid of and I want to see this happen very, very badly. I think it would be good for America and help future generations with their struggle with and against the politicians that are ruining this country.