In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

On The Judiciary

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
The germ of dissolution of our federal government is in the Constitution of the Federal Judiciary;an irresponsible body,(for impeachment is scarcely a scarecrow)working like gravity by night and day,gaining a little to-day and a little tommorow,and advancing its noicseless step like a theif,over the field of jurisdiction,until all shall br usurped from the States,and the government of all be consolidated into one. Thomas Jefferson August 18,1821

The object of my fear is the federal judiciary.That body,like gravity,ever acting,with noiseless foot,and unalarming advance,gaining ground step by step,and holding what it gains,is ingulfing insidiously the special governments into the jaws of that which feeds them. Thomas Jefferson , letter to Judge Spencer Roane,March 9,1821

If the policy of government,uponvital questions affecting the whole people,is to be irrecocably fixed by decisions of the SUPREME COURT,....the people will have ceased ,to be their own rulers,having,to that extent,practically resigned their government into the hands of that eminent tribunal.Nor is there,in this view,any assualt upon the court,or the judges.It is no fault of theirs,if others seek to turn their decisions to political purposes. Abraham Lincoln March 4,1861

At the establishment of our Constitutins,the judiciary bodies were supposed to bethe most helpless and harmless members of the government.Experiance,however,soon showed in what way they were to become the most dangerous;that the insufficiency of the means provided for their removalgave them a freehold and IRRESPONSIBILITY in office;that their decisions,seeming to concern individual suitors only,pass silent and unheeded by the public at large......

Thomas Jefferson October 31,1823

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    man, those are some good and true guotes. Thanks LH

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Interesting that no one comments on these....afraid of our Justices or something? Thank you for your comment fox...I do appreciate it......I know,maybe its cause its christmas..or....something....[V]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Sorry for my absence on this LH. Had to make an unplanned trip to PA (from CO) in light of the upgrade in the alert level. Wasn't going to my wife and daughter on a plane. So my time here is limited and sporatic. Can't wait to get home, But that won't be until the 3rd. As to your post, thank you for the research. If only they still taught this in school where they're supposed to, we, and everyone else would already know this stuff. Keep 'em coming, they are MUCH appreciated.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Sorry for my absence on this LH. Had to make an unplanned trip to PA (from CO) in light of the upgrade in the alert level. Wasn't going to my wife and daughter on a plane. So my time here is limited and sporatic. Can't wait to get home, But that won't be until the 3rd. As to your post, thank you for the research. If only they still taught this in school where they're supposed to, we, and everyone else would already know this stuff. Keep 'em coming, they are MUCH appreciated.

Figured something like that,jp,never doubted you'd be here. It is disheartning to see how the battle rages elsewhere about the Juduciaries role in it all and then None of them have anything to say here.But what they heck,maybe they read them at least.....Thankyou brother for your support,and the rest of you that have as well....I agree with the school thing WHY don't they TEACH actual FACTUAL U.S.HISTORY anymore?[:(!].How sad...
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "In Republican government, the legislative authority necessarily predominates"
    -James Madison, federalist #51

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    "Whoever attentively considers the different departments of power must perceive that in a government in which they are seperated from each other, the judiciary, from the nature of its functions, will always be the least dangerous to the political rights of the constitution....The judiciary is beyond comparison, the weakest of the three departments of power...and the general liberty of the people can never be endangered from that quarter"
    -Alexander Hamilton Federalist #78

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    "Refusing or not refusing to execute a law, to stamp it with its final character...makes the judiciary department paramount in fact to the legislature, which was never intended and can never be proper"
    James Madison

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    "To consider the judges the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions is a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an Oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men, and not more so. They have, with others, the same passions for party, for power, and the privelages of their corp..And their power the more dangerous as they are in office for life and not responsible, AS THE OTHER FUNCTIONARIES ARE, to the elective control. THE CONSTITUTION HAS ERECTED NO SUCH SINGLE TRIBUNAL"
    -Thomas Jefferson

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    From the constitutional convention:
    "Mr. Wilson moved as an amendment...that the supreme national judiciary...ought to have an opportunity of remonstrating against projected encroachments on the people as well as on themselves...Laws may be unjust, may be unwise,may be dangerous, may be destructive....Let them have a share in counteracting by the weight of their opinions the improper views of the legislature".
    The above was soundly rejected.

"Mr. Gerry....said the motion was liable to strong objections...It was making statesmen of judges and setting them up as guardians of therights of the people. He relied for his part on the Representatives of the people as the guardians of their rights and intrests. It was making the expositors of the laws the legislators which ought never to be done... Mr. Strong thought with Mr. Gerryt that the power of making ought to be kept distinct from that of expounding laws... Mr. Martin considered it....as a dangerous innovation as well as one which could not produce the particular advantage expected from it. A knowledge of mankind and of legislative affairs cannot be presumed to belong in a higher degree to the judges than to the legislature."

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    "In the first place, there is not a syllable in the plan which directly empowers the national courts to construe the laws according to the spirit of the constitution"
    Alexander Hamilton Federalist 81

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    "But sir, if you pass a lawthe judges are to put their veto upon it by declaring it unconstitutional. Here is a new power, of a dangerous and uncontrollable nature, contended for. The decision of a constitutional question must rest somewhere. Shall it be confided to men immediately responsible to the people, or to those who are irresponsible... With all the deference to their talents, is not congress as capable of forming correct opinions as they are? Are not its members acting under a responsibility to public opinion which can and will check their abberations from duty?"
    John Randolph 1802

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    "Nothing in the constitution gives to them the right to decide for the executive more than to the executive to decide for them"
    -James Madison

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    "(Some contend)that whenever its meaning is doubtful, you must leave it to take its course until the judiciary is called upon to declare its meaning..But I beg to know upon what principle it can be contended that any one department draws from the constitution greater power than the other...I do not see that any one of these independent departments has more right than another to declare their sentiments on that point".
    James Madison

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    The Constitution is the sole source and guaranty of National Freedom.
    Calvin Coolidge 1924

The Constitution is not a panacea for every blot upon the public welfare,nor should this Court,ordained as a Judicial body,be thought of as a general haven for reform movements.
    Justice John Marshall Harlan

The constutution,on this hypotosis,is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary,which they may ywist and shape into any form they please.
    Thomas Jefferson 1819

In questions of power,then,let no more be heard of confidence in man,but BIND him down by the Chains of the Constitution.
    Thomas Jefferson 1798
    edited November -1
    However the court may interpret the provisions of the constitution,it is STILL the CONSTITUTION which IS THE LAW and not the decision of the court.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I'm not afraid of the Judges. I found half of their addresses on Yahoo people search and sent them Christmas Cards, with hope's that in the new year they uphold the constitution instead of wiping their rears with it.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
    edited November -1
    red223: good and creative idea about the Christmas cards.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Red223
    I'm not afraid of the Judges. I found half of their addresses on Yahoo people search and sent them Christmas Cards, with hope's that in the new year they uphold the constitution instead of wiping their rears with it.

kabalogoshadowed.gif

Super idea!!!!!!! Will remember this one,Thanks! Hey all,lets make some greeting cards with pertinant quotes?!
    edited November -1
    great idea by 223. Maybe we should all send the judges a card on EVERY holiday and one that just happends to express our political stance.

edited November -1
    fox,the more i've thought about this card thing,the more I like it.I think perhaps we should brainstorm and design a few so those of us that are not so good at that kinda thing could maybe copy them out or something.Guess we would need a place to host em or something?I don't no much bout that stuff at all.......If we got to work soon,we could have a bunch to send,and getting the all year would maybe wake something up.......????
    edited November -1
    longhunter: if I had the ability I would do it for you. It is a great idea but I am not computer savy nor am I artistic.

edited November -1
    I will endevor to do some.....Any other volunteers???????
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    longhunter;
    Post some ideas.
    We can all brainstorm, right here.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • cfidfwcfidfw Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    T. J. and the other fathers of this country knew what they were doing. We and our grandfathers were missled buy the FEDS, the feds do not own this country WE DO.

I will say this some things in this statement I make, can and will prove. WE live under MARTIAL LAW RULE! This is the first place to begin, Apl 15 1861. ABE lin COLN declared Martial law over the land, becouse of the war. The people we have elected for the past 140 some odd years have never had the balls or the LORD guiding them in there responsibility and removing that military law....
    I can prove it...................
    First start with the US Service Code book, It will list the requirments for the display of the AMERICAN Flag. Are we at war? were we at war with any other country in 1980? Why do the police fire postal forest Ranger a private in the marines all display the flag on there cheast with a GOLD fringe? Why in the court rooms in this country is the flag displayed with a GOLD tassel?????
    Military law
    Second, the police fire forest ranger have military ranks....
    Third, why is the president ALWAYS the commander and chief of the Army Navy Marines ect......
    This bit of information can get you started. I wont list everything to prove it. Too much to list, you have to read it for yourself to belive it....
    If you really are a USA citizen you will be thirsty to find the truth.
    I can help you get started.......
    I can give more information if anyone would like it.....
    God bless, and have a merry new year.... cfidfw
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    cfid, more more more!
    edited November -1
    You are in the right place,and you have our attention.......Where do we find these things.......
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The one thing I will point out.The President was always the Commander in chief..because the Founders wanted to keep civilian control of the military.

However..they only really provided for the Navy..and never really intended for a perpetual Army..re-authorizing it every 2 years,I believe.

They felt that a strong Navy would be sufficent enough to keep enemies at bay..and feared a standing army.

Lessons,lessons..a drafted army,coming from the populace and going back to their livelihood..would be FAR less likly to fire upon their neighbors..then a professional army..their paycheck coming from the quartermaster...of course,our history is replete with the army or National Guards firing on their neighbors,anyway...

Great quotes,Longhunter..but the facts remain..3% of this board will ever read them..the rest ? Their eyes glaze over when pointed to them.How do I know..? I have been copying them for 20 years,passing them out at gun shows and to anyone who even LOOKS interested.

As you dig..you find that intelligent thought died out many years ago..and today you have hollow little men spouting nonsense in the newspaper and tv's..passing as 'statesmen'.....what a joke.They are not fit to wipe the Founders boots.

Still,I have hope..and still yet will pass on a good article,now and then.

Never despair..you will NEVER get more then a very few replies to Constitutional issues..but know this.The best and brightest out there are with you.Few and far between..but there.
    edited November -1
    Still workin on the cards guys,I'll get it done at some point.Any ideas gladly listened to.
    edited November -1
    "What Texas has chosen to do is well within the range of traditional democratic action, and its hand should not be stayed through the invention of a brand new "constitutional right", by a court that is impatient of Democratic change. It is indeed true that 'later generations can see that laws once thought necessary and properin fact serve only to opress', and when that happens, later generations can repeal these laws. BUT IT IS THE PREMISE OF OUR SYSTEM THAT THOSE JUDGEMENTS ARE TO BE MADE BY THE PEOPLE, AND NOT IMPOSED BY A GOVERNING CASTE THAT KNOWS BEST".
    -Antonin Scalia, "Lawrence v. Texas"(dissent)

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    The Judiciary of the United States is the subtle corps pf sappers and miners constantly working underground to undermine the foundations of our confederated fabric.....A Judiciary independant of a King or Executive alone is a good thing;but Independant of THE WILL OF THE NATION is a solecism,at least in a republican government.
    Thomas Jefferson, (letter to Thomas Ritchie),Dec.25,1820
    edited November -1
    couple of great recent posts. I agree with you.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
    edited November -1
    The principles of Jefferson are the definitions ans axioms of a free society.

Abraham Lincoln 1859