In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Guns mentioned

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
in this Independence Day quote........

The secound day of July 1776,will be the most memorable Epocha,in the history of America.-I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated,by suceeding Generatins,as the great anniversary Festival.It Ought to be commemorated,as the Day of Deliverence by Solem Acts of Devotion to God Almighty.It ought to be solemized with Pomp and Parade,with Shews,Games,Sports,Guns,Bells,Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.
John Adams July 3,1776

Comments

• longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Doesn't this seem pertinant to our cause at all??????
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like they wanted to have one heck of a PARTY.
    AND they wanted people to bring GUNS to the party,
    they were not afraid of anyone getting hurt.
    People had a healthy respect for guns, up until a few years ago.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Sounds like they wanted to have one heck of a PARTY.
    AND they wanted people to bring GUNS to the party,
    they were not afraid of anyone getting hurt.
    People had a healthy respect for guns, up until a few years ago.

The gene pool needs chlorine.

Seems like something we could use on a card for JULY.......What ya think? Got the wife thinkin on art work...........
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    "Guns.......Illuminations .....from this Time forward forever more"

Well,Longhunter, doncher think a couple hunnerd years of freedom is enough for ennybody...??
    ....Our masters do....[xx(][V]

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
    edited November -1
    It seems others do as well highball.........I really thought this was quite a find.It places GUNS IN THE HANDS of the COMMAN people and demonstrates THE OPEN CARRY does it NOT?
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The Day of Deliverance by Solem Acts of Devotion to God Almighty"
    Now thats a big stick to stir with![;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    "The Day of Deliverance by Solem Acts of Devotion to God Almighty"
    Now thats a big stick to stir with![;)]

[;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    It really makes you wonder if these pinheads in Washington have ever read any of this. I've been reading over some of the Federalist Papers lately and it really wakes you up to the criminality of our law makers. Is it tar and feather time yet? Al Gore's daddy led a group of armed men to clean out the crooked politico's in Tennessee.Is that whats going to have to be done on capitol hill? Man this crap gets my blood pressure up! [:(!]
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I am hoping that we can take this country back at the ballot box. The reason this idea has failed us for so many years is that Americans had to chose one of the two criminals and crook running for office. Hopefully we can bring about a change and along with the two criminals and crooks, we can also have some good, decent, honest and honorable candidates running that will, among other things, honor the constitution. As some of you know, my co-worker, his girlfriend and I are going to ask two political science professors for their opinion of changin the voting laws so each voter could vote for as many candidates FOR ANY PARTICULAR OFFICE that they cared to vote for. I composed and sent an e-mail describing this idea and our future attempts to bring this about and e-mailed it to my co-worker as well as to his girlfriend. If I am lucky she will be able to present the idea to these two professors and we will get some feedback, ideas, guidance, etc. this week and then we can move more quickly to actually take our first real step in contacting the alternative pollitical parties. I worked on the contact letter to send to the alternative political parties this weekend and will continue at work tomorrow if time permits. Don't give up. THIS WILL HAPPEN!

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
    edited November -1
    OK FOX, i'll be patient, and i'll go unload my clips.[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    It really makes you wonder if these pinheads in Washington have ever read any of this. I've been reading over some of the Federalist Papers lately and it really wakes you up to the criminality of our law makers. Is it tar and feather time yet? Al Gore's daddy led a group of armed men to clean out the crooked politico's in Tennessee.Is that whats going to have to be done on capitol hill? Man this crap gets my blood pressure up! [:(!]

Keep reading TRAP55.........and learning,and quoting,and educating those around you.Teach TEACH! Get the REAL Government going,THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Do not dispare,,,,Maybe Mr. Gephart is beginning to understand....someone should be.I believe the message there in Iowa is Clear. A statement was made.By Democrats amoung their own party.Keep getting the word out.Print some of what you find out...Leave it here and there.Post it.....
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Firearms have always been a big part of my family's 4th of july celebration. It offers a time for family and friends to shoot. It offers the opportunity to introduce frineds of the family to shooting that previously have not had the opportunity to learn about firearms. It also offers the opportunity to make a lot of noise, and not have the cops show up (much) [8D]

Patrick Buzzard
    Michigan National Guard
    19K-- tanker
    "Strike Hard!!"
  • juddroyjuddroy Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by longhunter
    It places GUNS IN THE HANDS of the COMMAN people and demonstrates THE OPEN CARRY does it NOT?

Good thinking Longhunter.That's a good one to hold onto.[8D]
    edited November -1
    juddroy,
    Hope you don't mind ,took a while but Thank you for your comment,and i'll just kick this back up.....[;)]