In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

For my brothers that own more than 1 gun

Canary ass no. 12Canary ass no. 12 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
It might be a good idea to hide/stash a few in different places. There is the possibilty that raids could take place while you are not home and you wind up loosing all of your weapons. This does not pertain to me as I have sold all of my firearms. I know that some of you own more than 1 and figured it might be a good idea. Keep your powder dry !!

Comments

• mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    You know I have given that alot of thought. When that time comes and the jack booted goon squad shows up at your door to take your guns away, and about 2/3rds of the population gives the same answer "I sold this or that or all my guns". They may be idiots but they will not be stupid. Then they are going to maybe have copies of the 4473s that you filled out for each weapon you bought in the past and then maybe not, but in the end they are not going to believe you because they already know that this is going to be the given answer that most gun owners are going to give them. And when they ask you for the proof that you sold them and who to, and you can't give them this proof, then they are going to say to you, ok then, we are taking you with us and going to hold you indefinately until we either come upon proof ourselves that your telling the truth or your going to be incarcerated until you tell us the truth. So when that happens, then what are you going to do? That is something all gun owners need to think about. Hopefully when this starts, there will be enough advanced warning from it starting somewhere that the news will travel at lightning speed, and all the vets and true patriots of this nation will will say enough is enough and breakout their weapons and the new civil/revolution war will start. When that happens, the best thing you can do when you see them coming to get your guns and that is to not even give them the chance to take them away and use your God given right to use your weapon and defend your family, yourself, and neighbor if need be. quote:KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY AND YOUR GUNS LOCKED AND LOADED
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Your best bet is to say nothing!
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    free and dead, or alive and a slave. Easy choice. I have become fairly enamored with what little freedom I have. I want more, like say, the kind Americans experienced 200 years ago.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounds to me like the only jobs that will be available will be:
    Prison Guards & Grave Diggers !
    The rest of the living people will be slaves !
    Abort Cuomo
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    free and dead, or alive and a slave. Easy choice. I have become fairly enamored with what little freedom I have. I want more, like say, the kind Americans experienced 200 years ago.
    Yessir.
  • therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i do have guns registered too me from 10 yrs ago, i think a shotgun and maybe a .308, i do not have these guns anymore, and no proof that i dont. what are my options? I have other guns now that are registered to me, I wont give them up anyways. just not sure of best course of action. I could stash them very securely to not be found, but not readilly available for me too just grab. any thoughts or ideas?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Generate paperwork staing that on such and such date, weapon serial # such and such was sold to joe blow, IN-STATE, adress such and such,for so much money.

You of course will not have the serial numbers..few do...but keep in mind for the future..as you sell off arms.

I you give them false names, if they want you, they will come back for you after they check them out. Just don't be there...for at that point you have become an enemy of the State anyway.
    That is...you will be an enemy of the State if you are an American...

The only reason to bury weapons is to go to them directly after you have lost the ones you are carrying due to enemy actions of some sort..and you must replace those weapons so as to take out another objective.
    Burying weapons so you can attempt to ride out the storm in the hope of the political climate changing merely tells the world that no American Founders blood runs in your veins.

You were born in this country...but you are not a part of it. You just as well be Italian or French or Russian, for all your attachment to American ideals.
    Gun controllers ARE THE DEALDY ENEMY OF AMERICANS...no matter WHAT they call themselves. Ever man involved in the gun controllers schemes is an agent of a foreign government.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the best method of burying arms without having them rust?
    Anyone have ideas on this ?
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    I do not believe there to be a surefire-never-fail method of burying a weapon.
    We got 55 inches of rain this year. Hard to stop Mother Nature.

I think perhaps the vaccuum sealers; Seal the weapon in a bag..place bag in 6" PVC..place a bag of dissicent in the bottom of PVC. Bury where the water has a chance on running off...not collecting around ttube. Seal tube with the PVC glue.

Heavy grease on weapon and in barrel..Cosmoline if you can get it. The problem arises is...these plastic bags will interact with some greases..and you won't find out till you dig it back up.

Ten years ago, I helped a old fellow dig up some buried 'treasures'. He had put medicines, and some dried foodstuffs, and other things in the tubes...they came out of the ground unrecognizable. We could not identify much of what was in the tubes...including the lumps of solid iron ore that was Model 10 Smith and Wessons when he placed them there 5 years before.
    That experience forced me to re-think the whole 'burying' thing.
    There occurred some sort of chemical interactions in several of those tubes...
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rifles I have that have no paper trail are stored separately from those that have a paper trail, but I personally do not see the value in creating a false paper trail for the others. IMO, it will be necessary to take a stand and pursue that stand through the courts to the fullest extent possible.

A false paper trail will be considered (correctly) perjury, and lessen the impact of any stance that is taken. Additionally, if you falsify documentation stating that you have nothing, you have no case for retrieval.

In the end, this battle will be won by eliminating laws. One cannot bring a case for Unconstitutional seizure if nothing has been seized.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:IMO, it will be necessary to take a stand and pursue that stand through the courts to the fullest extent possible.

A false paper trail will be considered (correctly) perjury, and lessen the impact of any stance that is taken. Additionally, if you falsify documentation stating that you have nothing, you have no case for retrieval.

In the end, this battle will be won by eliminating laws. One cannot bring a case for Unconstitutional seizure if nothing has been seized.]
    Different philosophies.
    I have no desire to pursue anything thru corrupted Courts. I have not the means nor the lifetime left to do so.
    Nor do I believe it would serve any worthwhile purpose.

My scenario is merely designed to allow one to escape the instant `dragged-off-to-the-gulag' I envision ..and give one the chance to resist.
    I am fully aware of the ultimate consequences of 'false testimony to authorites' crap. I am also aware that that will be the SMALLEST infraction Americans will be accused of, down the road.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Different philosophies.
    I have no desire to pursue anything thru corrupted Courts. I have not the means nor the lifetime left to do so.
    Nor do I believe it would serve any worthwhile purpose.

My scenario is merely designed to allow one to escape the instant `dragged-off-to-the-gulag' I envision ..and give one the chance to resist.
    I am fully aware of the ultimate consequences of 'false testimony to authorites' crap. I am also aware that that will be the SMALLEST infraction Americans will be accused of, down the road.

The corrupted courts will serve an arrest warrant if documented firearms are not found. Resisting will be difficult if locked up. This is why we must secure as many undocumented firearms as we feel necessary while we still can, a right that still exists in most states.

Once the ability to resist is secured through undocumented purchase, then the documented seizure is the avenue to pursue through the courts. It is a gamble, and may not be successful, but the ability to resist is still secure.

The scenario is that the home is raided while the homeowner is absent, meaning resistance to the seizure itself is not possible. If that theft takes place, and they find what they expect to find, the court challenge can commence in parrellel with a more active resistance as required.

Yes, a different philosophy. One philosophy provides an avenue of attack through the courts and retains a defensive ability, while the other prevents any positive action through the legal system.

I probably have 20 years left. I'd give it a shot.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Yes, a different philosophy. One philosophy provides an avenue of attack through the courts and retains a defensive ability, while the other prevents any positive action through the legal system.
    The instant they raid my house, 'defensive' is moot.

You have 20 years yet..go for the courts, if that is where your heart lies.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Up to this point, the courts have not been our friend.
    Why do you think this will change?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

Amen. If you end up with a non-prejudice prosecutor and/or judge (re firearms) you are the exception, not the rule!!![V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    I have converted to swords, sheilds , spears, and crossbow ! I am ready !

You may want to rethink this???
    My definition of terminal stupidity is:
    Bringing a knife to a gun fight!!!![:0][;)]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    What difference does it make if there is a paper trail, or not? The instant they start confiscation, it's go time, whether your weapons are "ON" or "OFF" the books....makes no difference. They can't send out enough goons to attempt to confiscate every "paper trail" weapon in one day. By day 2, the word will be out, and writing will be on the wall. At that point, it's lock and load and declare a new independence day as far as I'm concerned. Come and get my "paper trail" weapons and "off" paper weapons, they are the same to me, and will net the same result. I will resist for each equally, because to me, they are mine by God-given right, regardless.

Remember the Battle of Concord!!!!
    edited November -1
    I would only think to bury a backup set, if I do lose my first set while not home, though i also plan to always carry as soon as i get ccw, ahhhhhhh.... screw that as soon as i get a Pistol. till then my battle rifle i with me. my state is open carry and I will do so. I will never give up my right to defend my family and our freedom.
    the police are not obligated to protect any citizen, only the "law" and soon well be the outlaws. the only one i expect to protect my family's freedom is me. I wll not give up my firearms.[:(!]
    edited November -1
    My opinion, when that day comes around, and it is coming, Then any and all gun owners will be treated as criminals, no matter if you lived a monks life or not. The courts have been changed to be against us. Even if you have some of your un-papered guns buried, and they come to your home to get what you do have, after they collect what you have, then they are taking you also with them. You won't be given a chance to retreive what you have buried. Next step will be guilty in court then hauled off to the gulag. I think when that day comes word will get out and the best thing you can do is resist with your God given right to defend your family, yourself and your friends if need be. No it doesn't look good at all, but as I see it you only have 2 choices, #1 give up and surrender your firearms and yourself and family to the gulag and eventualy with a gun at the back of your head while on your knees or #2 you can resist the best you can with lead, and possibly live another day and re-group with like minded americans because at that point it will be a new civil war. Good chance of dying by resisting but at least your going to take some of them with you also. But with choice number 1 not only do you die in the end, but you don't even get the chance to take any of them with you. So I say keep your guns handy and defend your God given right to defend yourelf and family and your right to have guns! quote:Keep Your Powder Dry and Your Guns Locked and Loaded! All It Takes For Evil To Triumph Is for Good Men To Do Nothing
    edited November -1
    The instant they raid my house, 'defensive' is moot.

Good point. A false paper trail and un-found documented firearms will result in an arrest warrant upon your return however, and your future is either that of a free fugitive or a prisoner.

quote:
    You have 20 years yet..go for the courts, if that is where your heart lies.
    Not where my heart lies, but a necessary step. Unless SCOTUS overturns a confiscation law, all who would stand up for the 2nd will be fugitives. The court case is a necessity. If the law is upheld, fugitives we are. It is an absolutely necessary step.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I don't.

It is my belief that establishing legitimacy requires the exhaustion of all legal means. For some it will be too late by that time, but for those that continue and those that would join, there will then be no question as to which side is legitimate in the eyes of the Constitution.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    If the Court saw fit to reject such a gun ban, and ALSO placed all involved in the decision to enact that ban in jail...I might see my way to remaining peaceful.
    Think that will happen ? [:D]

I cannot co-exist with those that feel they must use violence and the over-bearing power of the government to disarm me.
    I will resist with superior violence. These people have never fought an American Minuteman.

I believe that there MUST come a time that we rift this country of all in power holding gun control near and dear to their hearts...and that removal must be done using any methods possible.
    That removal starts the day they enact a sweeping gun ban.

Voting, by virture of an entire Nation of stupid people, is not the answer.
    edited November -1
    OH Christ, the only thing the Minutemen ( I prefer 2 1/2 Hour or Day men) will be fighting is the cold , as they are detained in Alaska for the rest of there natural life. Build up some body fat now ! [:D]

Alaska!!![:0]
    I figure it will be a warmer climate. It costs A LOT to maintain a camp up here. I should know. One more and wake up, and SOUTH I come.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Melkor is a fictional character from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium.
    It might serve well the brethren to remember that 'melkor' is the ultimate evil in the series. He betrays every tenant of decency, honor, ethics ..nothing is sacred save his own skin.
    One that takes its name from such as that no doubt shares some of those attributes.
    edited November -1
    Melkor is a fictional character from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium.
    It might serve well the brethren to remember that 'melkor' is the ultimate evil in the series. He betrays every tenant of decency, honor, ethics ..nothing is sacred save his own skin.
    One that takes its name from such as that no doubt shares some of those attributes.

I think he should change from 'melkor' to 'spoon'. All he does is stir the pot!!![}:)]
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bring reason to the barking ankle bitters, pointing out that your group of minutemen even if nationalaly organized would be nothing but a tiny ankle bitting doggie, that will get spanked out of existance. Bad dog !!
    edited November -1
    I just bring reason to the barking ankle bitters, pointing out that your group of minutemen even if nationalaly organized would be nothing but a tiny ankle bitting doggie, that will get spanked out of existance. Bad dog !!

I am not a minuteman. I am an old soldier/cop who won't take any more crap from the powers that be. I would rather fight then run and if is my undoing, so be it!!![}:)]
    edited November -1
    If the Court saw fit to reject such a gun ban, and ALSO placed all involved in the decision to enact that ban in jail...I might see my way to remaining peaceful.
    Think that will happen ? [:D]

I cannot co-exist with those that feel they must use violence and the over-bearing power of the government to disarm me.
    I will resist with superior violence. These people have never fought an American Minuteman.

I believe that there MUST come a time that we rift this country of all in power holding gun control near and dear to their hearts...and that removal must be done using any methods possible.
    That removal starts the day they enact a sweeping gun ban.

Voting, by virture of an entire Nation of stupid people, is not the answer.
    HB:

The court case must be pursued to expose that those in power have foresaken the Constiution.

That rift of which you speak must only occur after the pretenders are exposed and convicted by their actions. You see people on this very forum expressing that some restrictions are necessary. It is these people that give them the hope that they can kill us by the death of ten thousand cuts. A court case of this nature will finally wake those who claim to support the 2nd that they are in fact in bed with the devil.

The sweeping gun ban will turn the 3% to 30%. It is that court cast that will turn the 30% to a majority.

It is necessary. Disgusting that it is, but it is.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Ya ya Jim.... U'll still surrender in the end. [:D]
  • fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not believe there will be a fight. Controlling a mans thoughts are enough to keep the status quo of diminishing rights. But if a fight is made, it will not be futile to stand and die. It will be the opposite. Take two w/ you and fear will spread. Do I want to do this? Many will still follow to kill this criminal owner, if thats how it happens, but likewise this criminal will have followers. There are more of us, and also many of us are them; IF THEY CAN realize they are us, it will be over w/o a fight.

Plus if you know you are gonna fight, you could make an offensive move or two. But people have families and we will probably not fight, so hopefully we can get help elsewhere.
  • MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mauser54
    You know I have given that alot of thought. When that time comes and the jack booted goon squad shows up at your door to take your guns away, and about 2/3rds of the population gives the same answer "I sold this or that or all my guns". They may be idiots but they will not be stupid.

Actually, as soon as Mr. Obama was elected I saw the light. I hack sawed all of my weapons up and, as a good environmentalist, I put the pieces out for recycle. I chipped up the wooden stocks for compost in my organic garden. I am going to have all of this extra brass melted down, beating my swords into plowshares, and have giant peace symbol to put on my front door.

I feel much better now that I have committed myself to world peace and social justice.
  • MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not believe there to be a surefire-never-fail method of burying a weapon.
    We got 55 inches of rain this year. Hard to stop Mother Nature.

I think perhaps the vaccuum sealers; Seal the weapon in a bag..place bag in 6" PVC..place a bag of dissicent in the bottom of PVC. Bury where the water has a chance on running off...not collecting around ttube. Seal tube with the PVC glue.

Heavy grease on weapon and in barrel..Cosmoline if you can get it. The problem arises is...these plastic bags will interact with some greases..and you won't find out till you dig it back up.

Ten years ago, I helped a old fellow dig up some buried 'treasures'. He had put medicines, and some dried foodstuffs, and other things in the tubes...they came out of the ground unrecognizable. We could not identify much of what was in the tubes...including the lumps of solid iron ore that was Model 10 Smith and Wessons when he placed them there 5 years before.
    That experience forced me to re-think the whole 'burying' thing.
    There occurred some sort of chemical interactions in several of those tubes...

Thankyou for this post, I have been thinking about the PVC pipe method with cosmoline. Silicone gease maybe? Something non petroleum based to avoid interaction with the plastic.

No matter, nothing is going to remain buried that long, we are going to be at it pretty quickly if the worst happens. THose weapons will be out and in use in less than 6 months.
    edited November -1
    melkor Posted - 12/21/2008 : 12:24:05 AM
    Get real, like U guys are going to fight the FED'S ! Good Luck being DEAD ! U will be a grump as they take it all, and slap U a fine. I'll still have my Chainmail Sword and sheild , Spear and Crossbow ! OH YA !

theyll come back for your weaponry also, they dont want to just remove guns but the right to defend ourselves from tyranny. Thomas Jefferson would * slap you melkor. I will not give up the right to defend myself, you dont like that move to Russia you socialist@[:(!]
    edited November -1
    we dont need to outgun or outman the opposition to our freedom. we need to make a stand, I have doubts if we stood together that they would straight wipe us out. we need to be a united voice and let them know that we will not back down and let ourselves become part of the faceless nameless freedomless mass of sheeple in a socialist empire. I see no other reason for them to want to take our right to defend ourselves but to subject us to there ideas of socialism.
    if we cant stand together and make them take notice, we can diperse and take them geurilla style till they take notice. hopefully it wont come to this. but its what we must be prepared for. unless you would rather become socialist and communist, oh yeah and fascist. if u dont know what that entails look it up. its really worse then death, basically death no independent thought, no rights, no chance to succeed, no name no face.
    edited November -1
    I prefer Fascist. Which is the Progreesive movement of the turn of last century into the 40's FDR. That is what the Messiah will bring us again ! I just wish it was a new Furher, not Barack, for at least we would be employed fighting Islamist and international bankers. Instead of now appeasing the Islamist, and giving the last of our rights to the globalists. [:D] Chew on that for 5 minutes blockheads
  • deadbedsdeadbeds Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, I've read some interesting ideas for the protection of our arms, I agree you need both paper trail and non paper trail. I ofter wondered if you had a break in and all your paper trail guns were taken? If you didn't file for insurance, would that be anything other that false reporting, if they could prove it?

Keep Buying Guns and Ammo.
    edited November -1
    I am not urging ANYBODY to break the law, today.

My discussion centered around the period of time immediately after a total gun ban took place...and strong evidence exists that the goon squads are going door to door.

Paperwork at that time MIGHT get you out of a tough spot for just long enough to get loose from the icy clutches of the Beast, and able to function awhile longer OUTSIDE the `law'...for the instant you do something like that...you have crossed a line you cannot get back over.
    Naturally ..if you have declined to hand over your weapons, you have crossed that line...but I believe that they will give you one more chance to turn `em over when they appear at your door.

Stay on the right side of the law, today...we NEED you down the line, outside and functional.
    Filing a false police report has serious consequences, even today.
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go read the Turner Diaries. Ignore all the racist outdated stuff and look at the banning of guns so forth. It seems plausible to stash somewhere away from your residence (not in your walls, or burried on your lawn. And keep a "turn in" gun if they come door to door. Turn it in cause it was the one you were keeping for self defense but sold all your other guns cause you saw it coming and didnt wanna loose money. Heck even take another step and put an add on craigslist or in the paper and just say that it already sold if someone calls...
    edited November -1
    To all,
    melkor=ignore![;)]
    edited November -1
    melkor, who is that?[:0] Thats right, he's the GB member everyone seems to disagree with[;)] Ok, Ok, you don't have to twist my arm, I disagree also[;)] I truely believe that if and when those dark days are upon us, and that big bad tyranical goverment has declared all of us as criminal domestic terrorist, the majority of us nationwide will ban together, whether in small groups or larger ones will resist to the best of our abilities. It will be down to only 2 choices - Live or Die. We may all end up living just to die in defending our God given rights and this once great Republic that we all love. quote:BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET DEFENDING YOUR FREEDOMS, THAN TO DIE ON YOUR KNEES WITH A GUN AT THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD