In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

interesting short story

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
some of you might be interested in this short story, i could see the u.s. becoming something like this in the near future:

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/sundown.html

it will take about 5-10 minutes to read, but it is worth it.

Comments

• Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitely thought-provoking.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn! Sucked me in and hit me over the head.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of the old Soviet Union/NKVD, where kids were encouraged to turn in their parents/grandparents for anti-revolutionary actions.

Sad, but I could see it happening[:(]
  • Options
    afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    5th's graders essay on "how I spent my summer", though a valid sentiment but delivery is outright pathetic.

PBJloaf, I highly doubt the practice of turning parents in was as wide spread as people would like to believe, and if one's children turn him/her/them in - they deserve it for doing such piss pour job raising them.

Now then, did you grow up in old "Soviet Union/NKVD" that something can remind you of it?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by afartinthewind
    5th's graders essay on "how I spent my summer", though a valid sentiment but delivery is outright pathetic.

PBJloaf, I highly doubt the practice of turning parents in was as wide spread as people would like to believe, and if one's children turn him/her/them in - they deserve it for doing such piss pour job raising them.

Now then, did you grow up in old "Soviet Union/NKVD" that something can remind you of it?

Nope, not a former Soviet citizen , but it SOUNDS like something of that era.

Is it OK with you that I post my OPINION?
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    quote:Originally posted by afartinthewind

Nope, not a former Soviet citizen , but it SOUNDS like something of that era.

Is it OK with you that I post my OPINION?

Nope, nobody is allowed to post a comment that is contrary to their line of thinking. You have to love those who spew rhetoric about tolerance, until they are asked to reciprocate in kind. HOPE & CHANGE
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey guys, just an update, evidently there was a second part to this story. here is the link:

http://www.alpharubicon.com/~arroyo/sunrise.htm

i am too lazy to search and see but i would like to read part 3 and see how this plays out[}:)]

keep up the fight everyone
  • Options
    Lonestar86Lonestar86 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Google Raymond K. Paden and check out the author' site. He has another short story called COLD STORAGE. It will give you chills about a futuristic senario. I hope these stories he writes never propogate themselves in reality, but they do make for thought provoking reading.