In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FBI background check is DOWN

bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
The FBI NICS operation center has been down for days. No transfers until the get it working again. Time to call your congressman.
JM (dealer)

Comments

• Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Message received. Wonder how many big gunshows are going on around the country this weekend?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Tulsa,this weekend.....3800 tables of guns.

I like to hear of these 'little incidents'...I hope it don't come back on line for 6 weeks.

I don't think that people that don't object to Nic's check OUGHT to be able to buy guns....
    edited November -1
    Highball..

What's happening in six weeks?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's back up late this morning. It was down for 3 days that I know of. Maybe longer. No explanation as to why.
    JM
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    the system is not "customer oriented" so they think no explanation is required. This is the direction government is going.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    This just pisses me off to no end[:(!]

A dealers business should not be dependent upon the reliability of a government computer!

MOLON LABE!vateran.jpgcross_cannons.jpgon_the_minute.jpg356074.245801.gif
    ted-nugent-for-president-t-shirt.jpg356074.208972.gif125_button_kerry_leaders.gif
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Salvage33 Posted - 04/03/2004 : 10:04:51 AM
    quote:Highball..

What's happening in six weeks

I should have said permanetly forever..I just picked out a time frame.They were still announcing at the Tulsa show this afternoon that the number was down.
    edited November -1
    Oh..okay..BTW..what is the date for the "national buy a gun day?" That ought to make their computer start spewing smoke. [8D]

John