In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thought police? H.R. 2159

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
Remember the "expanded" definition of potential "domestic terrorists" that came out last month?

If you supported a third-party candidate (or republican Ron Paul) possess subversive literature, are anti-abortion, believe in the possibility of the North American Union, own a "Don't Tread on Me" flag or the anti-income tax film "America: Freedom to Fascism." or protest taxes? YOU could be a domestic terrorist.

Click here for FOX news article

Now add H. R. 2159 into the fray.
(Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009)

Click here for Worldnetdaily article

Part of this bill.....

`The Attorney General may determine that an applicant for a firearm permit which would qualify for an exemption under section 922(t) is known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism, or providing material support thereof, and the Attorney General has a reasonable belief that the applicant may use a firearm in connection with terrorism.'; and

(3) in section 921(a), by adding at the end the following:

`(36) The term `terrorism' means `international terrorism' as defined in section 2331(1), and `domestic terrorism' as defined in section 2331(5).

Definition of domestic terrorist....from section 2331(5).

(5) the term "domestic terrorism" means activities that -
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended -
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by
intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass
destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of
the United States.

This bill does have 6 cosponsors........so far.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    It is coming at us like an out-of-control freight train pickenup.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

You can say that again, and picking up speed every day!
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

...and I ain't gettin off the tracks to get out of the way, I'm meeting it head on!

Lance
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yes it is.

Sad part is many of my friends don't see it coming,...they think I am a bit overly concerned about this stuff.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    It seems as if nothing will wake up America to the relentless, deliberate march toward totalitarianism by our government.

Apathy, ignorance, stupidity and sadly, outright agreement with what government is doing, rule the day in this, the "new america".

The stage for totalitarianism is being set, right out in the open, certainly against The Constitution and seemingly with no fear, or attempt by government to disguise it to any great degree.

Collectivism leads to totalitarianism, inevitably.

Nothing short of (you know what) can, or will, stop it now. Elections won't do schit to correct it, particularly on a national level.

The organized globalist-collectivist agenda is going to be rammed right down our throats unless the people stop it cold through a move to state sovereignty.

In reality, it will take some "tipping point", or some over-reaching move by the Fed, before any real corrective measures are taken by "we the people". By that time, it may well be far too late for an awakened, yet disorganized, citizenry to effectively use "liberty's teeth" to set things right.

It is what it is.

Wake up people, for time is short......
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    Gentleman ...
    My theory that I believe to be pretty close to the truth when it comes to citizens protecting the Republic ($h!+ hitting the fan) is in the following text. You can modify the numbers if you think I'm off a bit.

Lets do some math (which I'm not good at): I think that between 80-85 of the populous have no idea of what's coming with this liberal extremist administration and the globalists agenda. So out of 100,000 people, only 15,000 (roughly) are aware.

Of those 15,000, I think maybe 10 percent of those would actually 'threaten' to defend the country. Of that 10% (which would be roughly only 1500) maybe 2-3 percent of those would actually pick up a firearm to defend.

That 3 percent is only 30-45 people who I think we could depend on without fail, to stand beside those of us who ARE in that 3 percent.

So if you figure that equation with the +/- 300,000,000 people currently in the United States, you could figure (on average) that you would see approximately 9,270,000 patriots dedicated to the "cause".

How far off am I?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman

Gentleman ...
    My theory that I believe to be pretty close to the truth when it comes to citizens protecting the Republic ($h!+ hitting the fan) is in the following text. You can modify the numbers if you think I'm off a bit.

Lets do some math (which I'm not good at): I think that between 80-85 of the populous have no idea of what's coming with this liberal extremist administration and the globalists agenda. So out of 100,000 people, only 15,000 (roughly) are aware.

Of those 15,000, I think maybe 10 percent of those would actually 'threaten' to defend the country. Of that 10% (which would be roughly only 1500) maybe 2-3 percent of those would actually pick up a firearm to defend.

That 3 percent is only 30-45 people who I think we could depend on without fail, to stand beside those of us who ARE in that 3 percent.

So if you figure that equation with the +/- 300,000,000 people currently in the United States, you could figure (on average) that you would see approximately 9,270,000 patriots dedicated to the "cause".

How far off am I?

Personally, from my experience, I doubt there will be ONE million that are really willing to muster. Talk is talk. I have heard plenty of talk. I have seen VERY little drive and very little push to train. Many do not even prepare, storing up food, money, arms and ammo, and the necesaries to be on the move. I asert, it will be .3% not 3%.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many of the original citizens of this country that fought in the revolution do you think stocked up on all of those things? Not to say its not smart not to do so, but well over 70% of the powder used by the freedom fighters of the late 18th century was supplied by the french.

Have some faith in "We the people" more will fight when the time comes.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish
    How many of the original citizens of this country that fought in the revolution do you think stocked up on all of those things? Not to say its not smart not to do so, but well over 70% of the powder used by the freedom fighters of the late 18th century was supplied by the french.

No, they won't.

History says otherwise. Our citizens actions (or in-actions) and their acquiescence to anti-constitutional government actions, speak volumes.

It is important to realize that most americans do not want true individual liberty and the self-reliance that entails, the thought frightens, or disturbs them. They seem to prefer the "sham" of liberty, where they are "permitted" the illusion of freedom, yet have the safety net of government directing things with an iron fist in a velvet glove, albeit that glove is wearing thin.

That being said and to remove any false illusion, there are still likely hundreds of thousands, perhaps a couple million, who will step up at some point, regardless of the personal consequences

It is simply a matter of time and a matter of how hard and fast Samuel pushes the envelope.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

No, they won't.

History says otherwise. Our citizens actions (or in-actions) and their acquiescence to anti-constitutional government actions, speak volumes.

It is important to realize that most americans do not want true individual liberty and the self-reliance that entails, the thought frightens, or disturbs them.

Agree 100%.

If the majority wanted liberty, true liberty, they would have proved it in November 2008.

They didn't.

120+ milliion folks said, 'Aye' to bigger government, more regulation, and greater restriction of our rights via their votes for Obama the collectivist or McCain the collectivist.

Most folks want nothing to do with being an individual. Individualism requires responsibility, and responsibility is a foreign concept to the majority. By supporting candidates with a collectivist mindset, it ensures that only collectivist policy will thrive. Most folks think this is just peachy, because it creates a dependence on 'Daddy' for all their needs/wants, and they believe it absolves them of what they detest most; responsibility.

'We the people' (citizens) are few, but the country is bursting at the seams with 'we the subjects'; it's * and elbows.
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too true. Most people seem to want to abdicate personal responsibility in all forms. Parents want the schools to do everything to raise their children so they don't have to be bothered. They want the government to provide all their healthcare (same reasons). It seems they wish for someone else to do EVERYTHING for them so they can pursue whatever selfish desires they have, be it partying, making money, sexual conquest or what have you. It seems almost nobody wishes to do for themselves and be truly self reliant. Almost everyone around where I live seems to want to suckle at the government teat in some fashion. To many adults still have the mentality of a child and need to be taken care of, instead of them T.C.B. on their own.

I'm almost at the point to where I've given up hope in the american people. THere are a few who do ( I call them Americans, )and most of them are here............
  • losttraillosttrail Member Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to have at least 1,000 acres of remote land, live off the grid, raise a few cattle, garden and have no contact with ANY government.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1

No, they won't.

It is important to realize that most americans do not want true individual liberty and the self-reliance that entails, the thought frightens, or disturbs them. They seem to prefer the "sham" of liberty, where they are "permitted" the illusion of freedom, yet have the safety net of government directing things with an iron fist in a velvet glove, albeit that glove is wearing thin.

That being said and to remove any false illusion, there are still likely hundreds of thousands, perhaps a couple million, who will step up at some point, regardless of the personal consequences

It is simply a matter of time and a matter of how hard and fast Samuel pushes the envelope.

What we are seeing right now is living proof of what you say.[:(]