In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tyrannical Govt?

buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
At a social gathering over the weekend a friend brought up a question which stumped most in our little group. "In your lifetime, do you remember anything the fed govt has done that was not unconstitutional or an infringement of rights?" I could not recall anything. Will reserve my reasoning for this till later in thread(short on time and type too slow).

What say you?

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    If..and it is a BIG 'if'..we were told the truth about 9/11, going into Ahganistan was a proper action.
    Naturally, the pols screwed it up by not declaring war.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    K, no I do not remember anything.

HB, If we were told the truth about 9/11, we should have went to Saudi. And the one guy that we went in to Afghan for, could have easily been handled with other options. But getting rid of the Taliban was good, though none of our business. Amazing how that one guy continues to elude us 8 years later......
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    K, no I do not remember anything.

HB, If we were told the truth about 9/11, we should have went to Saudi. And the one guy that we went in to Afghan for, could have easily been handled with other options. But getting rid of the Taliban was good, though none of our business. Amazing how that one guy continues to elude us 8 years later......

Extra-large friggon BINGO!!!!!![;)]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    JP ;
    Considering that 15 of the 18-19 involved were from Saudi...you are absolutely right.
    My mistake.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Not necessarily. That is, as you said, if we were told the truth. Fat chance.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The government telling the truth[?]
    Are you guys insane?

I can figure out most of the truth. The all mighty $$$ has the most to do with it. I'm not talking about 9-11 here I'm taking about the destruction of the constitution, though 9-11 plays a part in that too.