In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whereabouts of Ronnie Perkins

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    IAMAHUSKER: I don't see where you made light of the situation.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has anyone written the Attorney General about the situtation?

If I had a firearms business and my license expired....I'm not possessing all the firearms as personal weapons...not a business.

If I sell one firearm, big deal. I don't need a FFL. It's ONE firearm and you can't make a living selling one firearm.

Ole Perkins is either dumb as nails for letting himself get hosed or they framed him bigger than horse shot.

Ronnie wouldn't be in West Virginia picking off the people that set him up would he?

jesus2000x.jpg?mtbrand=NS_US

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    - Jesus Christ in Luke 22:36
    edited November -1
    Naw, Ronnie is in the county jail

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • faldumfaldum Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sissy:

Thank you for your post.

Info to follow....
    edited November -1
    Friends:

With the best interests of Mr. Perkins in mind,
    I'm moving this discussion to the General Board.
    It's time.....
    edited November -1
    faldum: thanks for moving this topic to the general post.

• longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    tr,sissy,faldum feel free to email and keep me posted there as well...please do.L.H.
    edited November -1
    longhunter: as soon as Sissymaria gives me permission to forward her e-mails to you and faldum you will have more info (if I can get faldum's e-mail address)

edited November -1
    tr fox, longhunter, sissy:

I'm not ignoring you.
    On the contrary.
    There's been a bit of a security problem.
    Hope to work around it soon.....

p.s.
    Nitrouz: Keep em' coming, friend!
    edited November -1
    faldum,thanks for the update.........and please do...keep us updated.L.H.
  • SissySissy Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a followup on Ronnie Perkins for those interested. He has recently been moved from the Fayette County Detentions Center in Lexington, KY to a Federal Prison in Ashland, Ky. It is my understanding from a relative of his-that he is beginning to serve initial charges of 63 months. At some point he will be bought back to Fayette COunty Federal Court to be charged with the 2nd round of offenses. Not sure what this will be. IF anyone wants to drop him a line at the Ashland Federa Detention Center-I am sure the address could be found on line. Sorry I don't have it.
    edited November -1
    thanks sissy. without your posts we would have no information about Ronnie Perkins.

edited November -1
    I personally have no police record, but I have seen a lot and done a lot and you would be surprised how easy it is to become "another criminal". Seems to be getting easier all the time. I doubt Randy Weaver's wife, as she stood in the doorway of their cabin holding her infant, was a "criminal" but she paid the ultimate price any "criminal" has paid by getting shot and killed by an FBI sniper. I predict that at some time and most people's life they will find that they or at least someone near and dear to them find that they have now become a "criminal" and then they can cry a "freaking river". Not that it will make any difference to the judge.

edited November -1
    Maybe it is just me, but no matter how hard I try I can't paint Randy Weaver as being as bad as that FBI sniper. Maybe someone else here knows, but I don't know of Weaver having done anything as hurtful or damaging as a highly trained FBI sniper, apparently using the best equipment my taxes can buy, and with neither the sniper nor his comrades being in any immediate danger, shooting an innocent, unarmed mother standing in the doorway of her only home while holding her tiny baby. LTS, if you think that was justified, an innocent mother killed, I hate to think what you really think should have been done to Randy Weaver, whom you say is guilty of terrible things. You probably think killing him is too good for him. And by the way, since you hate Weaver so much, how about telling me exactly what terrible things he actually did? Heck, maybe you will convert me and I will hate him too.

edited November -1
    I am not sure what Randy Weaver and Ronnie Perkins have in common other than they both stood up for what they believed in. You have to respect the fact that both went above and beyond what most of us just sit and moan about! True, both may have made mistakes in their judgement of how to pursue the justification of their constitutional rights. But we must ask ourselves-did/does the end result=death/prison really justify their actions? A drunk driver/drug dealer/manslaughter, etc, etc, etc get off with much less time served. I cannot speak for Randy Weaver - but I can for Ronnie Perkins. He fought the "establishment" tooth and nail. He stood up and spoke out for what he deemed to be wrong. He ran for City Council and campaigned on the wrong doings in a small town. He made people sit up and take notice. He stepped on some toes that stomped him back. Did he make mistakes in selling without the FFL he was promised any day? Yes - but he was going by the word of the Federal agent who repeatedly told him the FFL was coming any day! That same agent testified against him. The local detective who spent countless hours in Ronnie's gunstore, sold many guns on Ronnie's behalf in his off time also testified-against him. I was there-I saw it happen with the detective. Ronnie even told me in front of the detective-"if something ever happens to me-you go to this man(the detective) he is someone you can trust to assist you. Yea right-there is a fool born every minute. That detective made several thousand dollars off of Ronnie's goodness and then testified against him. There is much more to this story than I can put into words. But, friends, if you can send letters to anyone, including the President-now is the time. 2004=election year! Speaking on Ronnie's behalf-you have his permission to come to his defense about the sentence he is facing. Someone on here said it best---they are putting him away to keep him quiet!!!! God Bless anyone who can help lower or do away with the sentencing.
    edited November -1
    No one has denied or not listened to it......to yoou it is black and white....you will never understand,all I wanted was the truth,...that is all....
    edited November -1
    Sissy,Ronnie will be hearing from me......
    edited November -1
    LTS----Interesting comments that you stated. May I ask a few questions? Who would be so "stupid" as to get involved with someone of such undesirable character as you/your friend make Ronnie out to be. If indeed what you are repeating is true and accurate. May I ask-why would your friend sell a gun at the flea market and then blame the transaction on Ronnie? Is Ronnie such a persuasive man that he twists arms to make people do his dirty work? Did your friend not know the rules and regulations? Last I checked selling/buying at an outdoor flea market is not illegal as long as it is not deemed a business. Did your friend not set up at the flea market and profit from selling arms/ammo all on his own? Could this be the real reason he was denied an FFL? Or was he promised as Ronnie was that the FFL would be forthcoming? Just some questions and food for thought! Regardless of whether Ronnie sold without a license is really not the only issue. True it was the wrong thing to do- but he was acting on the WORD of a federal agent! It appears your friend is looking for excuses and as I understand it profited well from Mr. Perkins. Black/White/Gray areas. What do you think? The issue is - does the sentence handed down really justify the wrong doing? Should a man have his tongue slashed out for speaking his mind---pretty harsh! You also asked why Ronnie didn't take the "offer" from the Fed's----Perhaps it is because he felt he did not do wrong and was continuing to stand up for what he believed to be right! Unlike some who speak without knowing BOTH sides! I can understand probation and rights being revoked--but 63 months+ for a man 58 years old. People have gotten off for murder for much less. Perhaps Ronnie should plead insanity???????
    edited November -1
    Sissy: so very well said. Thank you.

edited November -1
    Baaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! I hear sheep!!!Baaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!Do whatever the man says..he is ALWAYS right! The LAW IS GOD!,,,No my good man..GOD is the LAW.it feels there is a personal level here that I will pro. never understand...whatever,I considered Ronnie a friend,does not matter to me what others think,I will be in touch as a friend,And I for one will not let the powers intimidate a friendship.We have freedom of speech and freedom to dissent....I will use and keep mine,I would prefer not to be a sheep.....waiting for the master to decide my fate......
    edited November -1
    Longhunter and TJ--thanks. Sometimes just having a friend makes the craziness easier to handle. Write to him and just let him know we are trying to get some media attention. You guys are the greatest!
    edited November -1
    LTS---how about you just go on about your business of completing half-truth's? Ronnie has enough enemy's and your name with your atitude would be just another blow to the injustice he faces now. Our belief is that yes he is guilty of taking the word of an ATF officer in saying his new FFL would be coming any day. Question is: Why did the former partner give Ronnie permission to operate on the original license until his was issued? Why did the Fed's drag their feet? Why did the Federal Agent come to the office of the previous owner of Ronnie's store and have the owner sign a statement that it was ok to pick up the previous license? When in actuality the agent had already went to the store on his own and took the FFL and other files-WITHOUT THE OWNER"S PERMISSION> the agent realized he better get a signature or his rear would be showing. This occured a week prior to the raid on the store. Set up? Geez, I dunno! I do know the former partner agreed and gave approval for Ronnie to continue using the original FFL until his came through, I also know the agent kept saying it was in the works. Ronnie though he still had permission to use the old FFL until his came in. So when the agent came and took the original FFL-(prior to approval by previous owner)Ronnie felt he would now be issued his. And was told it was forthcoming. NOT! Nada! Never intended on that happening. Another holdup. I imagine Ronnie's trust factor was waivering at this point. No my friends, the bottom line is Ronnie Perkins spoke to loud and got too much attention with his beliefs in the justice system. His business was the bread and butter of his exhistance. Take that away and find some innate accusation and stick him in prison for a long time. Even make an offer to reduce the sentence and give back 1/2 of the guns (that was a real kicker) uh-would't he have been felon at that point? COuld they give guns back to a felon??????? Maybe change his atitude???? The man I know----Is much stronger than that. After all he fought his way though a war with a gun strapped to his back in Germany for that right to speak out against what he deems to be right!!!!By the grace of our Lord Saviour he made it home and he will make it through this! So LTS-keep your comments and silliness to yourself-you are not amusing!

quote:Originally posted by LIKTOSHOOT
    I`d love to write to a criminal......many fall in love.
    What`s the address????

LTS
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Good read faldum.......but we all know that there is NOTHING wrong in our system.....[xx(]
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    58 YEARS OLD AND "FOUGHT WITH A GUN ON HIS BACK IN GERMANY"" THAT WAR WAR WAS OVER 58 YEARS AGO. HOW OLD WAS MR. PERKINS THEN ?? ONE??

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
    edited November -1
    Duckhunter-FYI
    During the Vietnam Conflict many soldiers were sent to Germany. Although they didn't see active battle they were equipped and trained for battle. A soldier "making his way through any battle" affords us the freedom we tend to take for granted! If I offended your intellect - I apologize. May the ducks you hunt for appreciate your interest of a fellow hunter's right to freedom!
    edited November -1
    faldum: thanks for the interesting link. Let's see, if so many people are being wrongly convicted and imprisoned, is it possible, just possible that Ronnie Perkins might not be nearly as guilty as some people are so quick to think? At least not guilty enough to do 5+ years in a federal prison?

edited November -1
    What`s the address????

LTS

Baaaaaaaaaaa............
    edited November -1
    LTS: with over 20,000 guns laws for us to try and keep out of trouble, you just might find yourself a criminal some day and you will have no need to write to one. As long as it was a first offense and only a "crime" of not having the proper paper work, and no claim or proof that Ronnie's activities caused harm (illegally sold to a criminal, etc) then 5+ years is too damn much. Maybe 6 months shock time and 5 years probation, but not 5+ years in a federal pen with no chance of parole. Hell, even murders and rapists sometimes get a much better deal than that. I think you are making a big mistake automatically siding with the law side. If you ever accidently get into trouble with the law side (even if you are presently one of them) you might find that the law side will not "side" with you.

edited November -1
    fox............stop wasting your breath...this guy thinks he is perfect......
    edited November -1
    The truth is....he dealt in the firearms business without a license and for over a year. That`s the truth. Yes it`s black and white.
    No license-no excuse! Now some would like to play in the gray area and dribble about all the reasons "he was done wrong" fine, the bottom line is still, he operated a "FEDERAL FIREARMS BUSINESS" without a license----period. I get it just fine.

LTS
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    edited November -1
    "LTS---how about you just go on about your business of completing half-truth's?"

Believe the have truths are being spoon fed to the sheeple----as you`all see the chew the cud well....at some point you will need to spit up......but the taste is always bitter, just as bitter fruit!

"Ronnie has enough enemy's and your name with your atitude would be just another blow to the injustice he faces now."

INJUSTICE?????? Now just who`s fault is this??? Give it a good excused one.

"Our belief is that yes he is guilty of taking the word of an ATF officer in saying his new FFL would be coming any day."

LMAO!!!!!! any day AIN`T A YEAR!!!!!!! and once again---ain`t this a business????????

"Question is: Why did the former partner give Ronnie permission to operate on the original license until his was issued?"

It doesn`t matter WHAT the former owner said (permission[LMAO] give me a break!!) This is a business---PERIOD!!!!!

"Why did the Fed's drag their feet? Why did the Federal Agent come to the office of the previous owner of Ronnie's store and have the owner sign a statement that it was ok to pick up the previous license?"

Good story, but that`s now how it happens---regardless!!!!

"When in actuality the agent had already went to the store on his own and took the FFL and other files-WITHOUT THE OWNER"S PERMISSION> the agent realized he better get a signature or his rear would be showing. This occured a week prior to the raid on the store. Set up?"

OH PLEASE!!!! without the owner`s permission.....guess they never saw them, and let them....I THINK NOT!!!!!!

"Geez, I dunno! I do know the former partner agreed and gave approval for Ronnie to continue using the original FFL until his came through, I also know the agent kept saying it was in the works. Ronnie though he still had permission to use the old FFL until his came in."

Permission???? GOOD GRIEF!!! I know your kidding---ya have to be.

"So when the agent came and took the original FFL-(prior to approval by previous owner)Ronnie felt he would now be issued his. And was told it was forthcoming. NOT! Nada! Never intended on that happening. Another holdup. I imagine Ronnie's trust factor was waivering at this point."

ASSUMED!!!....ain`t business and the approval of the prior owner don`t mean SQUAT!!! GHEESH!!!!

"No my friends, the bottom line is Ronnie Perkins spoke to loud and got too much attention with his beliefs in the justice system."

BIG FREAKIN DEAL!!!!!!

"His business was the bread and butter of his exhistance. Take that away and find some innate accusation and stick him in prison for a long time. Even make an offer to reduce the sentence and give back 1/2 of the guns (that was a real kicker) uh-would't he have been felon at that point?"

Yep! sure acts like a business
    man???????????????????????????

"COuld they give guns back to a felon???????"

Believe it or not....YES!!!

"Maybe change his atitude????"

So what!

"The man I know----Is much stronger than that. After all he fought his way though a war with a gun strapped to his back in Germany for that right to speak out against what he deems to be right!!!!By the grace of our Lord Saviour he made it home and he will make it through this! So LTS-keep your comments and silliness to yourself-you are not amusing!"

The above has absolutely NO bearing on this!!!! So he served---many did!!! Still gives him no more rights than any other person, may be hard to swallow.....but choke it down!!!!!

quote:
    Originally posted by LIKTOSHOOT

What`s the address????
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Keep licking the jack boots LTS. LICK to shoot isn't going to do you a bit of good when they come after you! But it will help you out when your cellmate needs a girlfriend. But just convince yourself "it's business" and keep licking. It's what you do.
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:p][:p][:p][:p][^]
  • SissyMariaCrSissyMariaCr Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For those interested: An update on Ronnie Perkins..........
    Ronnie passed away while in prison in Lexington, KY. He was "diagnosed" with bladder cancer and had numerous treatments which finally took his life. He fought to the end for his freedom as well as our gun rights. He never faltered in his belief that we have the right to "KEEP AND BEAR ARMS".[:)]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sissy,
    THANK YOU for the update, even though this is NOT the news I would liked to have heard. [:(]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This I am terribly sad to hear.
    Another Patriot accorded all the tender mercies of a corrupt system..and another dying of cancer.Fast acting cancers seem to claim so many of those speaking about what freedom actually means....
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, don't be too sad for him. He went home. He isn't a prisoner anymore and the troubles of this world are no longer his.

I'm more upset at myself, right now. I never knew what happened, but probably should have. All of a sudden, while I was on excursion, Delta514 just disappeared.

I'm sorry.....

Resquiat en pace, Ronnie Perkins.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
    edited November -1
    Sissymaria, without your kindness of telling us we would have never known. Hope Ronnie is in a better place.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • SissyMariaCrSissyMariaCr Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys! I re-read all the comments over the years that were posted regarding the situation surrounding Ronnie's incarceration. The really sad part is-he spoke the truth about the incident(s). Ronnie was always there to help fellow gun collectors, shooters, etc. He sponsored the youth club of young shooters in our county. Proudly displayed their photos on the bulletin board at the store when they had their competition shoots. He bought the POW flag for the local courthouse, sponsored the duckhunters clubs and on and on. Yes, Ronnie had a history of speaking his mind about politics and expecially gun rights and of course his freedom of speech helped to put him in a place where he could only mutter his objections. When I visited him in prison he told me of so many things inside that we would never know of. The lines of guys waiting for their daily medications just to be given the wrong med's and then put in solitary for trying to get them corrected. He spoke of the drugs, money laundering, etc. He tried so hard to be strong. I watched him wither away to this frail man, who had once had arms of steel from pounding the hammers while building homes for people in the hot sun or dead of winter. His dream was to own a little small town gun store. He realized that dream from owning just 22 guns of his own to over 300,000+ in inventory in this small hometown shop. That dream was swiftly taken away as federal agents and even the local police officers who came in and sat around for hours just talking with Ronnie-they were made to gather his guns and put in a blanket on the floor and haul off to wherever they take them. He said many times he could see the shame in their faces from having to do this task. But he understood. They had jobs to do. Ronnie was a good hearted man-often felt he had to scream and yell his opinions because he felt so strong about them and felt he had to drive his point home. He got attention by voicing to the media or anyone who would listen. He would fight the establishement and then sit down and cuddle a newborn puppy and feed it from a bottle because it was an orphan. Some of the last words he spoke to me were "Sissy, I am going to die in here". He did - and all he had to show for his fight was a bag full of letters and the clothes they stripped him of when they put him in prison. But you know guys - I just know he is up there looking down on us
    STILL FIGHTING THAT FIGHT!!!! I know all these things because I witnessed them - I didn't always agree with Ronnie but he was one of the most kind hearted men I have ever known. Just ask the little boy who kept eyeing the little 22 rifle that sat on the shelf. Ronnie knew he was saving his money to buy it by doing little odd jobs. One Christmas - Ronnie had me gift wrap this little gun and put a paid in full sticker on it. Rest in Peace, my friend! [:)]