In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whereabouts of Ronnie Perkins

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
If anyone wants to know the whereabouts of Ronnie Perkins a.k.a. Delta514, let me know and I will have someone e-mail you.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.

Comments

• longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    ??????????????
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    contact Sissymaria19542002@yahoo.com

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did something happen that the rest of us don't know about??
    edited November -1
    Since I'm not able to converse with Ronnie I really don't know how much information he wants me to give out. If you want the info go to the e-mail address I listed.

• faldumfaldum Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Et Tu Gunny: When the Flag goes up! I expect you Gentlemen will come get me from Prison?[:p]

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    I went to that e-mail address and have yet to get a reply!
    edited November -1
    OK, I don't want to be unfair to anyone, so here is the story on Ronnie Perkins. I hav e gotten permission from someone close to him to let this out.

Last week Ronnie was lodged in the Fayette County Detention Center in Lex, KY on charges of making deadth threats to some of the local authorities in the town he lives in. Caused by the actions of a former disgruntled employee of his. He had this lady managing another small business he owned. She quit the job and afterwards Ronnie said he discovered she had been embezzling from him for quite some time. I guess she was angry that Ronnie discovered the embezzlling or perhpas the way Ronnie confronted her about it. Anyway she vowed to "take him down". Thus a phone call was made to an official and the arrest came later. Because of his past encounters with the justice system it is unlikely he will get out. If you want to send him a card or letter or maybe a few bucks you can probabl locate the address of the Fayette County Detention Center in Lex., Ky by using the internet search.

edited November -1
    I called and asked how to get to talk to Ronnie and was told I could not over the phone. I was told that I could write a letter to him and was given the following address (600 Old Frankfort Circle Lex. Ky. 40510 The guy I talked to was helpful to a point but stopped short of giving me the zip code (I had to ask). I will be sending a letter to him and the local officials.
    edited November -1
    Seems that no one reads the Gun rights section like they do the General disscusion section, or maybe they just dont want to know or dont give a flip!!!!!!!!!!!!![:(][:(][:(]
    edited November -1
    No there isn't,its lonesome over here ain't it?[V]
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen:

Indeed, the lack of interest on this little board is
    rather disheartening.
    Mr. Perkins' cause would no doubt be better served
    on the General discussion board, where he was also a
    contributor.
    The resources (people/knowledge) there might just help.
    Perhaps tr fox or someone who has better communiciations with Ronnie might get the OK to give him an old-fashioned, all-out Gunbroker effort.
    I'm sure most of us respect his right to privacy, and permission should be sought first.
    You may count me in.
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR

Does Ronnie live in Lexington?

Muggster
    edited November -1
    I really don't know where he lives. I was recentally contacted by the lady who sold Ronnie the gun shop she used to own and I guess the same one he owned when he got into trouble. You can contact her at the e-mail address I posted but be sure you make it clear who you are or that you are interested in Ronnie because one person said he tried to contact her and didn't get a response. It there is something reasonable we members of GB.com can do for Ronnie count me in also, but short of sending money I don't know what it would be.

• trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about moving this to the general discussion forum. Im sure someone can help over there.

d852d797.jpg

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
    edited November -1
    anyone can feel free to cut and paste or copy this over to the general discussion. I don't want to do it because there are some people over there who don't like me mixing the gun rights forum with the general forum.

edited November -1
    As most who read this board will recall,
    Ronnie was rather reluctant to discuss the
    particulars of his misfortune.
    This is perfectly understandable.
    On occasion, he intimated various details
    of what he noted was a felony firearms conviction following
    an alleged "set-up" by government agents.
    I use the term "alleged" not out of doubt but simply
    because he never provided a case number to evaluate what
    Paul Harvey would term The Rest of the Story.

I have the name of the BATF agent in charge of this case.
    I also have the name of the prosecuting attorney.
    And the attorney who represented Mr. Perkins.

The conviction and sentencing date is a matter of public
    record.

The sentence was quite severe.

Whether it would be appropriate (or ethical) to pursue some kind
    of grass-roots support effort for Ronnie really should have his approval first.

Right now, most have but a fraction of the entire picture. To proceed
    "half-cocked" (an appropriate cliche) would do everyone a disservice
    (including Ronnie.)
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, i know nothing about whats going on. can you please fill me in?

d852d797.jpg

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
    edited November -1
    faldum: is the info about Ronnie on public records and if so might be avilable on the internet and searchable by using key names?

edited November -1
    tr fox:

The information I noted is available online
    and from newspaper archives.
    edited November -1
    faldum: actually I was referring to more detailed info about Ronnie's court case. You had mentioned no case # was given but I was wondering if a search of the courts records (or whatever info is avialable to the public) perhaps over the net using Ronnie's name as a keyword might turn up something. And while I have your attention, sometimes when I click on a topic and open up that particular thread, the width of the page is wider than my computer screen which means I can't read the entire line from left to right without moving the page sideways as I read. Do you know of anyway for me to correct this? And I am pretty sure longhunter has decided to leave the GB.com forum for anyone interested.

edited November -1
    Hello tr fox:

RP's docket number can be obtained from
    Gregory F. VanTatenhove, US Attorney for the
    Eastern District of Kentucky.
    Whether he will be "helpful" regarding inquiries
    is another matter.
    If you run into an obstacle or two, remember he has
    a supervisor and their salaries are derived
    from our tax dollars...
    I'm not sure if the file is available online, otherwise
    I would email it to you directly.

I have not yet had the opportunity to examine
    the transcript, but it would appear Ronnie may
    have grounds for an appeal if some of the info
    I did glean thus far is correct.

I'm somewhat accustomed to having civil servants balk
    at even the most innocent inquires.
    Sometimes an FOI request is all it takes. Even then, a slick
    PR person or attorney can prolong the prescribed
    "waiting period" for the requested information.

I wish I could answer your second question about the margin
    size.
    I think Offeror or some of the General posters could surely
    help, though.
    edited November -1
    faldum: thank you for your reply. I do not personally know Ronie Perkins but if here were still on line I'm sure he would thank you for the interest and time you have spent with his situation. Even if I thought I had all the details of what happened to Ronnie I doubt I would know everything that actually happened. But I do know that bad things happen to good people on purpose and sometimes it is caused by one of the various governments we have in our lives. And I do know that I have a special allegiance to my fellow gun owners. Not necessarily because they own guns, but because in most of their cases they believe many, many of the same things that I do. Such as we don't want an all powerful government nor a government that insists only it can take care of all our needs. And most progunners share my belief that power originates from the people, power does not originate from the government. I have no way of knowing, but it is in the realm of possibility that Ronnie was outspoken and made powerful people mad and they set out to get him. And with this latest arrest perhaps it could be an attempt to bury him enough that he will never be able to "appeal" his way out. Just a thought.

edited November -1
    This is one of our own folks....and who is looking away? lots of our own...Should'nt we try and get something going? to do Something?Anything? Sigh........
    edited November -1
    Longhunter:

Inquiries are being made.
    Those who have shown interest in this matter
    will be appraised.
    Stay tuned.
    edited November -1
    faldum,
    Thank you...
    edited November -1
    A little background information never hurts:

http://geocities.com/perkinsforum/

Sounds like a classic American town...[;)]
    edited November -1
    Interesting trip to that quaint little American town......
    edited November -1
    faldum: thank you very much for the llink to Ronnie's website. I read almost every word and the story has the "feel" of being honest and correct. Ronnie seems to be extremely intelligent and has an intellect with an edge to it that might make him some enemies (maybe alot of enemies) and I think it is possible that is just what happened. An honest man got enough people who had some power, influence or connections and they set him up. If I had the money and power of Bill Gates I know exactly what I would do. But since I'm just a middleclass average person I am not any help.

edited November -1
    The picture is slowly coming into focus....

Guns seized; warrant questioned
    By HEATHER HARRIS
    11/22/02
    Incorrect data on a search warrant used to seize more than 160 guns from a Georgetown business Tuesday may jeopardize the federal warrant's validity.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms served Ronnie Perkins with the warrant for his possible illegal possession of a semi-automatic assault rifle and other firearms. The search warrant states the weapons could be found at 514 Mockingbird Valley Lane.

Perkins' store, Delta Gun Sales, is located at 514 N. Broadway.

The Georgetown-Scott County Property Valuation Administration office confirmed that no Mockingbird Valley Lane exists in Scott County.

Another part of the warrant, signed by United States Judge Magistrate James B. Todd at 4:15 p.m., Nov. 15, in Lexington, also incorrectly lists Perkins' Georgetown shop as being located at 514 N. Broadway in Clark County.

"I think that definitely calls into question the validity of the warrant," said Georgetown attorney John Cornett, who is not involved in the case.

Perkins does not have legal representation at this time.

"I'm looking for a Robin Hood attorney," said Perkins, who recently returned to work after aortic surgery, citing his financial and health concerns.

"The fact that it's a wrong address can by itself be enough to throw out the search warrant," Cornett said.

That's not always the case, though, he added.

Some warrants can contain enough descriptive information that an incorrect address can be overlooked, Cornett said. The warrant served Tuesday includes a picture of Perkins' shop as "Exhibit B," but the address and phone numbers are not legible. A separate paragraph correctly identifies the address and includes a description of Perkins' truck.

The U.S. Constitution's Fourth Amendment gives citizens the right to warrants "particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Perkins, who was not arrested or charged, also questioned the method of the search and seizure.

"I've been trying to get my license to sell these guns for a year," he said. "I've called the ATF every day about the license and would hear that everything was being processed, and the next thing I know they're down here taking everything I got."

ATF agents came to Perkins' gun store immediately after a package from the United Parcel Service was delivered, Perkins said.

"The UPS guy brought a package in here and, he said, `You don't have to pay any on this one,' and I signed for it and it was on the counter," Perkins said. "I hadn't even opened it."

Immediately after the package delivery, Perkins said ATF agents arrived in his store with the warrant.

"That was what was in the UPS package," Perkins said. "They were following a gun warrant for a gun that wasn't even in here until they brought it."

Georgetown police also took part in the search Tuesday, Perkins said. Police representatives did not return phone calls.

Perkins admitted that he has been selling guns without a license for almost a year.

Perkins said he has owned the gun shop for five years and has had a license to sell in the past. When it came time to renew the license, Perkins and a business partner applied and have waited an inordinate amount of time to be approved, he said.

ATF agents did not return phone calls Thursday.

Perkins estimated the value of the guns taken from his store at around $100,000.

"I've supported the local police and called the ATF every day about this license," Perkins said. "I was selling my personal guns in the store, and I thought I had a right to do that. Without this license, I couldn't transfer my guns to someone who could sell them or nothing. I was paying rent to watch them sit here."

Perkins' store remains open at this time, and he said he doesn't know what the next step will be.

"They didn't arrest me or charge me with anything," he said, adding that his political involvement may have had something to do with the seizure. "I don't know. I guess I stepped on the right toes around here this time."
    edited November -1
    faldum, longhunter or anyone. In view of all this is there any easy way to get a list of all or most of the small gun dealers in America? I think they should be informed about this situation while all this information is in one place.

edited November -1
    So......Theu dragged on issuing the license....and he continued to sell....and so he wasn't licensed when the bust came?
    edited November -1
    tr fox:
    A compilation of FFL's could be obtained by using the
    Freedom of Information Act, but the list would number
    in the thousands.
    It would be quite expensive to mail or otherwise contact
    each one...
    But the really sad part is the apathy present
    on this board is but a microcosm of the rest of
    the shooting/collecting fraternity.
    Think about it.
    More people are responding to
    "What is your Favorite Lunch Meat?"
    Than all of Joseys's posts combined.
    That should give you an idea of the grassroots
    support available.

Longhunter:
    The third news report will hopefully explain
    some of the things Ronnie omitted.
    As I hinted before, rather than provide enlightenment
    (which we all hope to somehow achieve)
    it offers a glimpse of even more troubling symptoms
    of a government out of control.
    I normally do not use such descriptions, but the
    severity of Mr. Perkins' sentence speaks for itself.
    And the "due process" people like to think they can
    count on is even more disturbing....
    edited November -1
    longhunter: in regards to continuining to sell even without a license, ronnie stated he was only selling his personal guns and didn't think he needed a license for that. Just as with you and I selling one of our large collections. But even if Ronnie has left things out, twisted things or EVEN IF HE LIED TO US, what the ATF did to him about the unexplained assualt rifle that was mysteriously sent via UPS and delivered seemingly in concert with the ATF (with the other similar and disturbing story linked by faldum)and their search warrant tells me all I knew to know in regards to the very strong appearance of at least some kind of setup by the government. It would appear to me that even a plain old small time gun owner could be setup the same way. Send a mysterious package UPS to your house. Inside are banned parts for converting a legal gun to full auto or even containg banned law enforcement/military high capacity mags, then rush in and raid your house. If you made the reasonable mistake of simply signing for the package (how many people would turn it away if there was no charge involved) then there you are standing there and even if the package is unopened, as with Ronnie and the other gun dealer, they have got you.

• SissySissy Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Faldum: May I inquire as to your profession. You seem to have an excellent grasp on the Delta Gun Sales/Ronnie Perkins situation. Feel free to respond to me privately if your like. Sissymaria19542002@yahoo.com
    edited November -1
    tr,I am not disputing what is here,far from it,but the first hurdle it seems to me is the "selling without a license" thing.at least in my opinion.It seems that im a good defense this thing would have to be dismantled one by one.?
    edited November -1
    longhunter: I agree with you.

• nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May I suggest everyone write a letter to the President requesting a pardon for Mr. Perkins?

He was a 58 year old man trying to make a legal living and through some tecnicalities ended up becoming a felon. Possibly set up by the ATF. His sentence of 5 years in a federal prison is a waste of tax payers dollars. Let the old man die at home under house arrest.

jesus2000x.jpg?mtbrand=NS_US

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    - Jesus Christ in Luke 22:36
    edited November -1
    nitrouz: that is probably the best idea presented so far. Would be best if all the letters were deliveed in one "bundle". Any idea how we could make that happen?

edited November -1
    A pardon suggests you did something wrong. Do I know what to do, NO. Hell I can't even get off work to go to Kentucky!! I would get permission from Ronnie first. Damn, sure wish this was the old west, we could just blow up a wall of the prison with some dynamite and get him out.[:D]
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I did not mean to make light of a serious situation. My apologizes