In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NO ammo sales in Washington state

therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
someone from the tricities in Washington state is saying that ammo is no longer being sold anywhere in the state, not just that it is out of stock, but that it is no longer being sold, for some reason he is under the impression that Idaho will not be able to sell ammo for a few more weeks before it is banned.

what the heck is up with this, I know that it could not be true, but does anyone know what is going on here? why would the sporting goods stores there be feeding him this B.S.???

Comments

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    HMMM.. i made a post about this a month ago.. You are not alone in hearing these kind of rumors... Seems to be all over the U.S.
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    I suggest that you go confirm this rumor by going to your local gunstore or WallieWorld and try to buy some. Nothing like getting the first-hand information ... first hand!
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by therockguy
    someone from the tricities in Washington state is saying that ammo is no longer being sold anywhere in the state, not just that it is out of stock, but that it is no longer being sold, for some reason he is under the impression that Idaho will not be able to sell ammo for a few more weeks before it is banned.

what the heck is up with this, I know that it could not be true, but does anyone know what is going on here? why would the sporting goods stores there be feeding him this B.S.???

Simple.

Greed. They are counting on the fact this guy will go tell everyone he knows, then those folks will tell their friends, and they will all flock to the store to buy overpriced ammunition.
  • darkwaterdarkwater Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, just came back from Big 5...no handgun ammo on the shelf, all sold out.
  • therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah i live in Idaho, and roll my own (untill I run out of powder)
    and there is ammo on our shelves, handgun and otherwise, though not all calibers at all times. Darkwater u from Washington state? what is the status of any handgun ammo bans?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yep, all ammo banned here. Ohter states are next.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope this isn't true but I was wondering when states would actually ban/not allow ammo sales under the guise of it says "right to bear arms" not "right to bear ammo" if successful I can see this spreading nationwide in a hurry.
    The "shall not be infringed" part is history. [:(!]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    Yep, all ammo banned here. Ohter states are next.

Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, he wasnt serious..
  • darkwaterdarkwater Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by therockguy
    yeah i live in Idaho, and roll my own (untill I run out of powder)
    and there is ammo on our shelves, handgun and otherwise, though not all calibers at all times. Darkwater u from Washington state? what is the status of any handgun ammo bans?

Nope, I'm in CA, but it looks like everyone is buying up ammo here, too, just in case.
    edited November -1
    yeah everyone absolutely everywere is buying up all the handgun ammo reloading supplies, and anything else fun. but if an ammo ban comes into effect I say its time to move against anyone who would dare mess with our constitution and all that makes America greatthe have already infringed so much that it is sickening!
  • wolfeccwolfecc Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF YOU NEED AMMO, I AM SURE ONE OF US "RED NECKS" CAN GET YOU FOR YOU. KINDA LIKE SMOKES, ANYTHING CAN BE BOUGHT CHEAPER AND EASIER IF WE STICK TOGETHER.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    was just at a gun show this weekend and can assure you ammo has not been banned in WA state-no microstamping, no ammo registration, no lead free zones, no FOID type card needed to purchase, no limit on amount to purchase--your friend or gunshop telling you this is spouting nonsense. There was a microstamping bill before the state legislature 2 years ago but it never came to a vote.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    The "green lizard monster" was a "Gorn" - like Kirk, the captain of his ship.
    edited November -1
    I was sure it was bull and it was a freinds uncle from the tricities that was told this, in fact today I purchased 1000 small pistol primers and 2 lb. of powder for my ar15 in Washington state when I went there to bid a stone job(which I got)
    y
    boo on these gun bans and ammo bans! and boo on the economy, im busy for the rest of the summer and fall already. now I just need more time to shoot[;)]