In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

cleaning eqpt. for guns

purectypurecty Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
just trying to be safe here. if you have no guns in your home[convicted felon] is a muzzle loaded cleaning kit unlawful? i have the kit laying here but no guns. i am curious. ty kindly

Comments

• nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am no lawyer, but I would say you should not be in any trouble.

However, here in Nazi America, you might be found guilty of just thinking and might be sent to Cuba for 10 years.

My buddies 12 year old boy brought a spent 30-06 rifle cartridge to school. The thing had NO BULLET and NO POWDER. The primer was shot. Well, the teacher ordered all the kids out of the class, and had him escourted into the office where the police were called. My buddy was called to the school and had to bring his kid home. They made him stay home for 3 days while they sorted it out. UNBIEVEABLE !!

You never know how they will interpret the law. Things have changed for the worse and will get dismal soon ! There is NO Second Amendment anymore. The government stole that from us !
    Abort Cuomo
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A cleaning kit is not a firearm.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My opinion, if you are a convicted felon then sell or give away the cleaning kit. Don't give them a single reason. As nyforester's story demonstrates, in today's society any least bit of firearms related paraphenalia can be misconstrued against you.

You are now a convicted felon. Don't even think about guns. That part of your life is over.... unless some big changes come blowing in the wind.

-WoundedWolf
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pickenup is correct,.....a cleaning kit is not a firearm. But why do you need a cleaning kit, if you have no guns? Therefore the other opinions you have received![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still find there to be a huge defense in the fact that a person who paid their debt to society should no longer be forced to continue being punished.

If these people were truly unworthy to be trusted with their rights, they should have been either executed or not released from prison.

No one should have to beg the gov't for their rights. If the gov't doesn't want to acknowledge a free man's rights, then I'd say be damned sure you don't get caught....

One day a convincing case will come before the Supreme Court challenging this unconstitutional assertion. I'm looking forward to it, but not for the reasons some of you think. My reason has a lot less to do with gun ownership, and a whole lot about judges with frontal lobotomies to do more noble things like increase sentences, and stop accepting plea bargains.
  • whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who moved to Ga from TN. He had a felony charge when he was 18 (consensual sex with his 16 year old girlfriend.) Her parents pushed the charge.
    He's now 44, lived a clean life, good job, raised two nice kids (oldest in Iraq, jar head, SEMPER FI!)
    He hired a lawyer and got the charge knocked down to a misdemeaner. The judge said that the whole thing was BS.
    Now he can own and carry.
    Sometimes justice is served.