In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in. But does anyone think they would pay attention to this or even explain how the ban makes us any safer?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enough signatures for what?

Another title:

Here is a meaningless petition for which we have created a goal of an arbitrary number of signatures by an equally arbitrary date.

As a bonus, you get to register with the White House in order to play.

Hmmmmmmm......
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
    Brad Steele.

Don,

Maybe you should get something going and show everyone what they need to do to get results.

Emmett
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Emmett Dunham
    Brad Steele.

Don,

Maybe you should get something going and show everyone what they need to do to get results.

Emmett

I support a couple of 2nd Amendment Rights organizations, Emmett, and don't consider the re-importation of 60+ year old M1 Garands and M1 Carbines to be a 2nd Amendment issue.

While I do not think our President really has any business in making this determination, it is an abuse of power and a fairly trivial one; way down on the list of what I would even consider worrying about.

I don't know if the SAF or the GOA is wasting any of my money on this issue. I would hope not, as they are spending it very well in other areas.

Furthermore it is a 'petition' (with no teeth) on a White House website. It is nothing more than an opinion poll that collects names.

Brad Steele
  • Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that anything that limits the ability of Americans to purchase any king of weapon is a Second Amendment issue and all limitations should be attacked and drawn attention to. One of the reasons that progressives has been able to chip away at the Constitution over the year is having people say that this is a small issue and it is really not going to change things, that s how we got where we are at today writing laws inn. The people logging into the government web sight will do something if the response is large enough. Numbers of people getting behind an issue draws pollutions like flies to honey. They make there statement in support or they do not if the numbers are large enough because that is how they make there money, getting their numbers. Everything that anti-gun people do to limit gun ownership needs to be attacked and defeated.

Emmett
    edited November -1
    I think that anything that limits the ability of Americans to purchase any king of weapon is a Second Amendment issue and all limitations should be attacked and drawn attention to. One of the reasons that progressives has been able to chip away at the Constitution over the year is having people say that this is a small issue and it is really not going to change things, that s how we got where we are at today writing laws inn. The people logging into the government web sight will do something if the response is large enough. Numbers of people getting behind an issue draws pollutions like flies to honey. They make there statement in support or they do not if the numbers are large enough because that is how they make there money, getting their numbers. Everything that anti-gun people do to limit gun ownership needs to be attacked and defeated.

Emmett

You may be right, Emmett, and I appreciate your sincerity.

I think, however that we have a raging inferno, and these brushfires are deliberately set to distract us.

Don

edit: spelling

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Brad Steele.

Don,

Emmett

I support a couple of 2nd Amendment Rights organizations, Emmett, and don't consider the re-importation of 60+ year old M1 Garands and M1 Carbines to be a 2nd Amendment issue.

While I do not think our President really has any business in making this determination, it is an abuse of power and a fairly trivial one; way down on the list of what I would even consider worrying about.

I don't know if the SAF or the GOA is wasting any of my money on this issue. I would hope not, as they are spending it very well in other areas.

Furthermore it is a 'petition' (with no teeth) on a White House website. It is nothing more than an opinion poll that collects names.
    The SAF appears to be taking issue with this EO by supporting H.R. 2247.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    We're signing petitions over 60 year old M1's while the President waives the law prohibiting sales of arms to known terrorist organizations so he can arm Al Queda in Syria and nobody says a thing.