In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Biggest Media Lie to Date

Peter SuciuPeter Suciu Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
We have a winner, according to an NBC report this past weekend:

"Cartel-related killings in Mexico are carried out with assault rifles and .50 caliber machine guns bought over the counter in the United States."

http://www.firearmstruth.com/2010/nbc-news-story-“-50-caliber-machine-guns-bought-over-the-counter”

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    of course....i saw 3 hispanic appearing types loading up in the sporting goods dept of walmart last sunday....what compounds the issue is the number of stupid people that believe this nonsense
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you lift a .50 cal over the counter?
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Can you lift a .50 cal over the counter?
    Walmart would require a team lift for a 50.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Wow! So now you can get old Ma Deuce (Protecting Freedom-a Half Inch at a Time) over the counter. I want one, with a couple thousand rounds of ammo...for personal use, you understand.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about getting one OVER the counter, but I know that if it's a glass couter, it will fall through it.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    I have talked to several fools who have told me how easy it is to go into "any" pawn shop and walk out with a machine gun for $50 .
    I have got to the point where I no longer try to correct their ignorance .
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    I have talked to several fools who have told me how easy it is to go into "any" pawn shop and walk out with a machine gun for $50 .

Hopefully you * slap them first.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo

First thing I do is try to find out where the nearest Pawn shop is !![;)][:D]
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are nothing more than talking heads for the gun grabbing left who want to disarm the rest of us. There is NO WAY anyone could walk into a pawn shop and walk out with a 50.00 machine gun. Heck ANY GUN that actually fired real bullets. But I bet you can get a good deal on a used airsoft.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    From what I understand we gave them the stuff, as in our government gave it to the mexicns, or sold it to them.. Or the military complex did with the approval of the DOD. Now rather then just chastise the mexican government and end arms sells to them, they use it as propaganda to justify a gun ban..

Gotta love it.

Considering the drug trade is a ten or twenty billion dollar industry annually.. the fact is they are buying arms on the black market world wide, and from their own governments.

Much as the folks did who waged war on the banks and their defenders here in America in the 1920s. They bought their guns from Army depots, but that didnt stop the governemnt from banning the civilian sell of machine guns and such..

The lesson here is the media in all its forms lie and the government lies. and both only appreciate guile when they are caught in their lies and when their lies are excepted without question.
  • Stevan1Stevan1 Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

First thing I do is try to find out where the nearest Pawn shop is !![;)][:D]
    I do the same, then I buy out their entire stock. Oh yea, wait, they don't really have any. Damn!
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1

it is NOT ignorance.., that is just plain old STUPIDITY * slapping is not hard enough, a baseball bat would drive home the message much better !
  • bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does Ma-Deuce come with a bi-pod, loader, and ammo carrier? If so, I hope they are included in the price.
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Outstanding. Used to be you'd have to go to LA to get a deal like that. [:D]
  • Taildrag15XTaildrag15X Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    They are nothing more than talking heads for the gun grabbing left who want to disarm the rest of us. There is NO WAY anyone could walk into a pawn shop and walk out with a 50.00 machine gun. Heck ANY GUN that actually fired real bullets. But I bet you can get a good deal on a used airsoft.

Note sure about Not selling guns at Pawn shops....Not Machind Guns for sure as we know it takes a Class III and or some other stuff to be able to sell.

But shotguns and rifles are sold through Pawn shops every day in msst states without an FFL, one local guy ran a small shop out of his house, until he sold to the "wrong" guy and BATFE started looking at him.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1

[:D]

I'm glad nobody was in the office to hear me laughing that hard.

Merry Christmas, neighbor!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Taildrag15X
    But shotguns and rifles are sold through Pawn shops every day in msst states without an FFL
    Taildrag, just wondering....
    ....what is a "msst" state?

All states that I know of in this country, pawn shops ARE federally regulated, and must comply with the UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws by having an FFL.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

[:D]

I'm glad nobody was in the office to hear me laughing that hard.

Merry Christmas, neighbor!

Great present at Christmas, somebody finally laughed at one of my wise cracks.[8D][:D]

Merry Christmas to you and your family Colonel. Hope all is well in your neck of the grassy plains.