In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rumor Has It That.......

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
The young people in this video used to do nothing but act like keyboard commandos and rant, rave, insult, criticize, hang together in a little internet gang, act all radical by adopting some goofy name for that guang, quote the constitution as if they were the only ones who truly understood or supported that constitution, laughed at everybody who didn't agree, etc. etc.

Then one day they got brave, got out from behind the safety of their computer and went out and took on the real world. The real world instead of the internet forum world.

Rumor has it anyway.

http://www.alternet.org/story/151128/shocking_video:_americans_arrested_violently_at_the_jefferson_memorial_--_for_dancing_?akid=7032.202899.VFOMJG&rd=1&t=15

Comments

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Boy I bet that gets a guy like you off dont it?

Here it is set to some macho music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X_XdqWVCWM
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    The young people in this video used to do nothing but act like keyboard commandos and rant, rave, insult, criticize, hang together in a little internet gang, act all radical by adopting some goofy name for that guang, quote the constitution as if they were the only ones who truly understood or supported that constitution, laughed at everybody who didn't agree, etc. etc.

Then one day they got brave, got out from behind the safety of their computer and went out and took on the real world. The real world instead of the internet forum world.

Rumor has it anyway.

http://www.alternet.org/story/151128/shocking_video:_americans_arrested_violently_at_the_jefferson_memorial_--_for_dancing_?akid=7032.202899.VFOMJG&rd=1&t=15

WTH?

These young people have the courage of their convictions and deserve the respect of any thinking American.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The State vs. a peaceful exercise of Individual Liberty.

These young people indeed showed the courage of their convictions and here I see trfox attempting to connect them to his vision of the liberty advocates here on the forums.

Completely telling, to me.

A contemptible effort, yet one that points directly to the truism that 'collectivism inevitably leads to totalitarianism'...

One new law, one new regulation, one new policy of enforcement, one more oppressive act, one additional smug citizen-acceptance of the aforementioned, one at a time...step by step, relentlessly.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    When you throw a rock into a pack of mange dogs, the ones that yelp are the ones that got hit.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

WTH?

These young people have the courage of their convictions and deserve the respect of any thinking American.

I guess I'll be the turd in the punchbowl.

I didn't see anything but a bunch of attention whores jackassing around. I'd be furious if I was trying to explain to my child who Thomas Jefferson was while a pack of 20 year-old * bags were break-dancing around the statue.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Originally posted by Don McManus

WTH?

I didn't see anything but a bunch of attention whores jackassing around. I'd be furious if I was trying to explain to my child who Thomas Jefferson was while a pack of 20 year-old * bags were break-dancing around the statue.
    [/quote

Turd #2 !
    edited November -1
    who ever said peaceful dooshbags dont have the right to be peaceful dooshbags and dance on the omunment their blood probably helped to keep safe, and no doubt their family paid for the bleening thing in the first place.

Wonder how many of them kids are in CP because they lost loved ones, or live with a maimed shadow of the person who went of to war..

We let murderers and child rapists walk our streets after a year or less in jail.. Baby killing is a drive through industry like fast food.

By comparison a bunch of kids being idiots are nothing special.

The fact we got goons that use force against them, that is all kinds of special. In the fascist since of the word.

Personally I hate Code pink, We had one that might have been a assassin here after Rand Paul, and she got her poopshute stomped into a puddle, not by a tax paod for goon, but by a good citizen of my Commonwealth.

But these kids werent lungeing at a united states senator, nor trespassing n private property they were passively danceing near a publicly paid for monument.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

WTH?

I missed the break-dancing on the video, or the jack-assery.

All I saw was a group of LEO's sharking around, alying down the 'law' and ultimately arresting people who appear to have done nothing inherently wrong.

Is there another link so I can re-evaluate?

As an aside, the display of predatory LEO-ness I saw would have been a golden opportunity for you to teach your son about individual liberty and about how government-collectivism leads inevitably to totalitarianism, thus, it must be fought at every turn.

The location is a perfect one to drive that point home. TJ would be proud of you for doing so.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

WTH?

Of course they were/are a bunch of attention whores, and the monument police gave them exactly what they wanted.

OTOH, the idiot who approached them simply stated that a protest dance in the memorial would result in them being arrested and locked up for the weekend. He could not cite the law under which the arrest would be made.

The first couple to be arrested were not 'break-dancing' around the memorial. Hell, I've done what they were doing in any number of places with my wife, probably within the boundaries of a national memorial during our recent trip to DC. I guess I was just lucky I wasn't accosted by a memorial cop in a safety helmet.

Obviously we did not see what led up to the officer approaching the group. What we did see did not merit an arrest, and, IMO, unless the group was actually bothering anyone, they should have been ignored for both the reason of not giving them the attention they crave, but (and more importantly) for the primary reason that liberty requires that we respect the freedom of others, regardless of whether we agree with their actions.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My apologies for coming back to this so late, my power has been out most of the day.

quote:Originally posted by lt496
    I missed the break-dancing on the video, or the jack-assery.

If you missed the jack-assery, I'm sorry. The best example on video is the idiot in the code pink shirt screaming for 9 minutes that he can't be arrested without being given a warning. The tape clearly shows the unidentified Sgt. giving him and his girlfriend that warning. Meanwhile, his girlfriend was squawking that she "didn't hear the warning" even though she was about a foot and a half away from the cop and looking right at him when he gave it.

The cop is obviously a bike patrol and most likely ended up there because people were complaining. The tape obviously won't show that, but they probably wouldn't have drawn police contact if they "weren't bothering anybody" as has been suggested.

As to the "break-dancing" comment, I was mostly embellishing for the sake of making a point, but I also blame my lack of vocabulary for failing to be able to more correctly describe what the guy in the Top Gun sunglasses was doing just after the "loving couple" got arrested. Maybe someone hipper than me can elaborate.

quote:
    All I saw was a group of LEO's sharking around, alying down the 'law' and ultimately arresting people who appear to have done nothing inherently wrong.

The job of the park service (who I assume runs the memorial) is to provide the most enjoyment for the most people. The poor guy who's drove halfway the country to see the memorial has just as much right to enjoy his time there as Mr Code Pink.

quote:
    As an aside, the display of predatory LEO-ness I saw would have been a golden opportunity for you to teach your son about individual liberty and about how government-collectivism leads inevitably to totalitarianism, thus, it must be fought at every turn.

I would use it to teach a more basic lesson: Tact.

No one says these protesters have to respect the police..or the Government they represent. They do, however need to respect where they are at, and most importantly, their fellow citizens.

A memorial is not the place to stage a protest. If protesters had stepped outside, they could have boogied their * off all night long for all I care.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik

Bad job of putting it to music. Bet you liked it though.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Bad job of putting it to music. Bet you liked it though.

Not enough broken bones and inarticulate screaming for my tastes.
    edited November -1
    OMG, rumor has it, The KBCs come back in force.. the terror. The violence.

The new score the Key board commando Doosh bags 1, Jack booted thugs with blue helmets 1

KBCDB-1
    JBTBH-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iny3GQupfIg

what have we learned, The monument police clearly need machine guns.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I personally do not think that the Jefferson Memorial is a place to dance but I also do not think that you or me have the right to tell them they cannot. We live in a free country (yea right) and we are free to live our lives as we see fit (again yea right). These people were not harassing anyone. Yes they were there to make a point and they made it. We are quickly becoming a police state. Today dancing, tomorrow walking down the street. We are losing the last of our freedoms. And it seems some of you do not care.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    We are losing the last of our freedoms. And it seems some of you do not care.

BINGO [V]
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGw2e7P8g-s

[:D][:D][:D]Good one. New take on an old funny. [:D][:D][:D]