In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Serious Question

2»

Comments

• buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Waiting for his second term.
    Romney has him beat...and he posses a greater threat than Obama

LOL; What universe do you live in!!!!![?]

The one that Romney sign's, seals, and delivers a AWB... What universe do you live in?
    I am a realist so I live in the "real" universe. Not some idealistic one most people live in!!!![8D]
    Obama is biding his time and waiting to pounce when the 'crisis' (natural, or man made) comes along so he can act. It is part of the progressive agenda to disarm us (it is a necessity in their mind to do so) but the progressives are 'dumb like a fox'. They know the time is not right to try and go after our RTKABA's but they will ASAP.
    Romney does not see disarmament as a necessity, but he is not as committed to the RTKABA's as I would like, but he is a vast improvement to our current administration.

So Romney would only disarm us if it was convenient. Hooray.

Glad to see you think it's ok to ban "certain firearms", which ones do you want to go next?

Does it suck having to soft shoe around your candidates record and stance on RKBA?
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo

The one that Romney sign's, seals, and delivers a AWB... What universe do you live in?
    I am a realist so I live in the "real" universe. Not some idealistic one most people live in!!!![8D]
    Obama is biding his time and waiting to pounce when the 'crisis' (natural, or man made) comes along so he can act. It is part of the progressive agenda to disarm us (it is a necessity in their mind to do so) but the progressives are 'dumb like a fox'. They know the time is not right to try and go after our RTKABA's but they will ASAP.
    Romney does not see disarmament as a necessity, but he is not as committed to the RTKABA's as I would like, but he is a vast improvement to our current administration.

Glad to see you think it's ok to ban "certain firearms", which ones do you want to go next?

Does it suck having to soft shoe around your candidates record and stance on RKBA?
    No I do not thing Romney as any interest in disarming us. He is not as 'pro' gun as I would like to see, but he is not 'anti' gun. So even though he is not the 'perfect' person to have in the Office he is a FAR better person than the current 'speed' we now have to put up with!
    (Secular Progressive Extremist Elitist Dumb-*) [V]
    edited November -1

No I do not thing Romney as any interest in disarming us. He is not as 'pro' gun as I would like to see, but he is not 'anti' gun. So even though he is not the 'perfect' person to have in the Office he is a FAR better person than the current 'speed' we now have to put up with!

So how do you square "He is not as 'pro' gun as I would like to see, but he is not 'anti' gun", with his signature on an a law banning firearms?
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Obama himself said ""I just want you to know that we are working on [gun control]. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

i see you noticed my tag line [:D]
  • thebambam2001thebambam2001 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Plus they { current ad } stopped the sell of military used brass. Rule was recinded 4-5 days later after lots of bitching. Sure would of put a crimp in the reloading biz!
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1

So how do you square "He is not as 'pro' gun as I would like to see, but he is not 'anti' gun", with his signature on an a law banning firearms?

You lost me here. What 'law' are you referencing?????[?]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Having not read all of the previous posts, Obama has fueled efforts to rescind stand your ground laws in several states.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You lost me here. What 'law' are you referencing?????[?]

http://www.therightscoop.com/2004-romney-signs-off-on-permanent-assault-weapons-ban/

From the link:

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people"

He probably means this one, Jim.

How's that for reality?[:)]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Don, that is the law I was referencing. Massachusetts version of AWB.

Along with the quote @ the signing.

Very surprised Jim is not informed about his candidates record. He has claimed he is not a neocon party hack in the past you know.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Very surprised Jim is not informed about his candidates record. He has claimed he is not a neocon party hack in the past you know.

I don't understand what you mean, buffalobo.

How can one accept an incumbent who wants to limit gun rights when one has the opportunity to replace him with a man who has already accomplished the task?

We want someone with experience, dammit!!!

[:)][:p]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

I don't understand what you mean, buffalobo.

How can one accept an incumbent who wants to limit gun rights when one has the opportunity to replace him with a man who has already accomplished the task?

We want someone with experience, dammit!!!

[:)][:p]
    I'm certain he pans that off as being right for MA, but not necessarily right for the rest of the states.

Actually, I'm 100% certain it will never come up for him to have to answer to, given that the media appear to be 100% in agreement with gun control in any flavor.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    You're right Don, experience in this issue matters, along with "any turd except Obama".
    [;)]
  • ringchildringchild Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "What has the Obama administration done/passed to curtail gun/ammo rights since he was elected"

here ya go:

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/06/obama-seeks-us-congressional.html