In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Felon married to gun owner

charged179charged179 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
I was convicted last year for felony fleeing while DUI on a 4 wheeler. My husband wants to buy a gun but we need to know if this will get me into trouble. I have no intrest in guns but he does. I live in WV where expungment of felonies do not happen. So, will he or I get into trouble if he owns a gun? Even if he keeps it locked up and I do not posess a key??

Comments

• OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [}:)]Troll Much?
  • charged179charged179 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont understand what you mean by that?
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could ask your probation officer.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I can tell you is what G. Gordon Liddy told his radio audience several years ago:

He is a felon, based on his conviction related to the Watergate Burglary. He said that he no longer owned guns, but his wife did. She kept all of her guns locked in a safe, & only she had the combination to the safe. I don't recall that he told the source of his legal advice, but he said that this arrangement satisfied the legal requirements since he not have access to the guns within his household. I think he wrote a book; that might be worth checking out.

Neal
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    This is not a question you should be asking on GB. You need to talk to an attorney.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    join a gang or be an illegal alien , they all have them no problem.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not see a problem if WV allows for FTF sales.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This reply is NOT to be taken as legal advice.

This topic has come up before, so I wrote the ATF about it.

The reply I received....

"The firearms or ammunition should not be accessible in any way to the prohibited person, no matter what relation is held."

So, if you are able to ACCESS it in ANY WAY, he can get into trouble, if not......like it is locked up and you do not have a key.....well......technically.......
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't worry they will waterboard U , for the combination [;)]
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charged179
    I dont understand what you mean by that?

It means "fuffle up a gum tree"