In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

From the NRA

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
1. NRA Chief: 2012 Election `Most Dangerous in Our Lifetime'

Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, warns that President Barack Obama intends to "destroy the Second Amendment" during his second term and "end our freedom forever."

LaPierre delivered a rousing speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in February, and the text of his speech has been published in the April issue of "America's 1st Freedom," the official journal of the NRA.

Asserting that the Second Amendment is the "heart and soul" of America, LaPierre says: "Our soul is at stake in this election. This campaign is a fight for our country, our values, and the freedom we believe in.

"All of our Second Amendment liberty, all of the rights we've worked so hard to defend, all of what we know is good and right about America - all of it could be lost if Barack Obama is re-elected."

LaPierre predicts that on the campaign trail Obama will point out to voters that he has not pursued an anti-gun agenda during his first term, but that was a "political calculation" aimed at NRA supporters and gun owners who might oppose him in his re-election bid.

Obama's strategy, he says, is to "get re-elected and, with no more elections to worry about, get busy dismantling and destroying our firearm freedom. Erase the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights and excise it from the U.S. Constitution."

During his second term Obama would likely appoint from one to three Supreme Court justices, and three more liberal justices will mean "the end of our freedom forever," LaPierre declares.

He concludes: "If you don't remember anything else I say today, write this down: This is the most dangerous election in our lifetime. If Obama wins, we'll go to our grave mourning the freedom we've lost.

"This is our time, our election to rise up and fight for our rights. We will defend our nation because we must. We will prevail!"

Editor's Note:

Comments

• CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dislike Wayne LaPierre and do not trust him or the NRA to do what is best for the American gun owners. They are a political entity and as such, they are given to back door dealings, compromise and keeping their pockets lined with cash.[xx(]
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Open you eyes and even you should be able to see what obama has in store for us or the question is are You drinking the obama Kool Aid. Dislike the NRA all you want but sometimes you have to think for yourself and does anyone in Congress even know you I really don't think their scared of little ole you.

I guess when you go out to buy something you always win in Negotiations or have you ever negotiated anything and sometimes you have to give something to get something.

I'll put my money on the NRA and not you to represent the gun owners in America, good or bad they are better than nothing. H Reid, Pelosi, obama are not our friends
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Mods I thought this was a gun board and this is a Top Gun subject like it or not. You can hide from the truth but it's still out there and were in a battle to save our 2nd amendment
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:1. NRA Chief: 2012 Election `Most Dangerous in Our Lifetime'
    Every one seens to be "the one". "Send your donations now, for we have to fight the evil monster". "We need millions to defend your gun rights, send your donation now!!"[xx(][xx(][xx(]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Of course Obama and the 'democrats' want to disarm people and subvert or abrogate Amendment II (sadly, the SCROTUS has already done so). Did he just wake up or something?

Of course Wayne La Pee Aire and his resolute NRA and its millions of minions and faithful are waving the red-flag of 'Obama' and 'the democrats' and, rather, attempting to keep people corraled into the 'paradigm of the lesser turd'.

Of course this stuff happens every election cycle.

Now, knowing the facially valid bits of info, a quiz that may prove illustrative IF one is honest:

1.Does the NRA believe in Amendment II, as it is written?

2. Does the NRA oppose all gun-control?

3. Has the NRA supported, facilitated or actually assisted in drafting gun-control legislation?

4. Does the NRA have a factual and historical record that can be examined?

5. Is that NRA factual and historical record consistent with individual liberty, the Constitution and with the text of Amendment II?

6. Is the likely 'republican' nominee or future POTUS a defender of Amendment II and limited government?

How was your score? Please share it with me/us so we can discuss the relevant facts and circumstances of the NRA and liberty in America.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    I'll put my money on the NRAGreat, they're countin' on ya. Swill back another frosty mug o that NRA Kool-Aid!
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Open you eyes and even you should be able to see what obama has in store for us or the question is are You drinking the obama Kool Aid. Dislike the NRA all you want but sometimes you have to think for yourself and does anyone in Congress even know you I really don't think their scared of little ole you.

I guess when you go out to buy something you always win in Negotiations or have you ever negotiated anything and sometimes you have to give something to get something.

I'll put my money on the NRA and not you to represent the gun owners in America, good or bad they are better than nothing. H Reid, Pelosi, obama are not our friends

I know all too well what Obama has in store for us but unlike you, I don't have much faith in the NRA to do what is BEST for us. Why should we have to negotiate the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution? It is clearly written and not open to interpretation. We have already compromised away most of our firearm rights and the NRA has been right there the whole time "fighting for our rights". I think the execs at the NRA spend more time at lavish getaways, buffet dinners and spending donor money on useless crap than actually working to protect our rights.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wayne (piss boy) LaPierre is correct. This probably is the most dangerous election in many years. Not because Obama is so hell bent on erasing RTKBA, but because Romney would do the same thing.

What makes anyone think Romney wil be any better concerning RTKBA?

Why would anyone think the NRA has the best intrest of gun owners in mind. If gun rights are restored, their best money raising scheme would go away.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Obama has apparently been working dirty schemes 'under the radar', such as 'Fast and Furious', and has surely had Calderon in cahoots with him, to blame much of the violence in Mexico on 'loose' U.S. gun laws. I have no doubt that if Obama is rigged into the White Out House for a second term, that he will go wide open with an anti-gun agenda, and will undertake the prolific use of 'Executive Orders' whenever he can. We should not forget that permits for the importation of firearms are under the control of the State Department, and that means Hillary.

I think there will be some kind of a false flag, and maybe several, to help start it, shortly after any second term begins.
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Considering it's history of complicity and duplicity as regards to gun control it's amazing that the NRA still exists.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wifetrained
    Considering it's history of complicity and duplicity as regards to gun control it's amazing that the NRA still exists.
    Yes, but considering the clear and open history of chicanery, duplicity and anti-constitutional actions taken by almost all of our 'elected officials', it is amazing that any of them are still in office.

Unless.......people really do not want liberty and knowingly do not want government to remain within the boundaries and limitations placed upon it by the Constitution.

It can't all be chalked up to ignorance, apathy and/or stupidity, just as cannot the major support that the NRA gets for its efforts to bring about government regulation and control of firearms.

There is willful action and willful decision-making at work.

3% (or so) recognize freedom and liberty and they yearn for it, advocate and work for it and yes, even fight for it.

This seems to have always been the case.

The remainder are quite happy grazing in the safety, conformity, security and comfort of the 'herd', shepherded by what they hope and assume will be a benevolent shepherd.

History has proven the hopes and wishes of 'the herd' wrong, time and time again, yet it is warm, feels safe and requires no independent thought or risky action to remain a part of and promote 'the herd'.

**Note...posted for the pondering of some of those reading this thread, not for wifetrained...he gets it.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

If the NRA had backed the only true 2nd Amendment supporter in the race from the get go, he may have gained a little more traction. Wayne and company have demonstrated that they have the ability to lead sheep to slaughter, and I gots to think that an effort to lead them to freedom would be almost as successful.

Your money is helping to legislate away the true nature of the individual freedom codified in the 2nd by the types of access laws being pushed by the NRA. In effect, you are supporting a growing regulatory environment for your firearms, your neighbor's firearms, and due to the national nature of the NRA, the personally offensive increase in the regulatory environment of my firearms.

If you wish to spend your money to ensure that you can beg for permission to buy an approved hunting rifle, I guess it is your business. The fact is that your donations are being used to forge the shackles of governmental control for your children and millions of other Americans.

The NRA attempts to protect your 2nd Amendment rights through Federal regulation of your firearms. When are its supporters going to wake up to the idiocy of this very construct?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wonder how much calderon got paid for blaming the US for mexico's failures ???
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

If the NRA had backed the only true 2nd Amendment supporter in the race from the get go, he may have gained a little more traction. Wayne and company have demonstrated that they have the ability to lead sheep to slaughter, and I gots to think that an effort to lead them to freedom would be almost as successful.

Your money is helping to legislate away the true nature of the individual freedom codified in the 2nd by the types of access laws being pushed by the NRA. In effect, you are supporting a growing regulatory environment for your firearms, your neighbor's firearms, and due to the national nature of the NRA, the personally offensive increase in the regulatory environment of my firearms.

If you wish to spend your money to ensure that you can beg for permission to buy an approved hunting rifle, I guess it is your business. The fact is that your donations are being used to forge the shackles of governmental control for your children and millions of other Americans.

The NRA attempts to protect your 2nd Amendment rights through Federal regulation of your firearms. When are its supporters going to wake up to the idiocy of this very construct?

Probably about the same time they figure out that the "Patriot Act" isn't patriotic.