In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No Sales To California

Old 7x57Old 7x57 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Gun owners who love to hunt, the shooting sports, and collecting fine firearms stick together when it comes to their rights to own, buy, sell guns. Unfortunately that is not the case. The anti gun fanatics at this time can't take away our guns, so they are working to make it more costly and more paperwork involved to buy guns. This is working for the anti gun movement! When you or dealers won't sell guns to California residents because of the extra paper work....the anti gun fanatics win, gun owners lose!!! Do the extra paperwork, go the extra mile, lets work together to keep our guns!!!

Don't let the anti gun movement win....sell to California!!!
California gun owners need your help!!!

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a three or four way street, Old 7x57.

With its huge population, California exerts, through the Federal Government, an inordinate influence upon the rest of us. While I am not a seller myself, I can understand the stand being taken by those who will not sell into California.

If one is an FFL, one becomes a part of the State of California's gun-seller data-base. If one is not an FFL, he becomes accessible to the State through the FFL holder to whom he shipped the firearm.

It will not be until a significant number of manufacturers refuse to sell into California that your access to arms will factually be denied, so at present, those that do refuse to sell into CA are probably not creating a hardship for CA buyers.

The voters of California have to get Sacramento under control. Selling arms or not selling arms into CA will not have any effect on the State House.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Old 7x57Old 7x57 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The point I am making is that gun owners from all states need to work together and take a stand against the anti gun movement. When I see, No Sales To California, I am thinking the anti gun movement wins another one. As far as the California vote....us gun owners are the minority. The Liberal anti gun voters way out number the pro gun voters. It seems as though gun owners (dealers) from other states are blaming the California gun owners for the anti gun red tape in the state of California. If it has happened in California it can happen in your state! Us gun owners (dealers) need to work together and take a stand and stop catering to the anti gun movement!
    SELL TO CALIFORNIA....AND REMEMBER OWNING A GUN IS A PRIVILEGE.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old 7x57
    The point I am making is that gun owners from all states need to work together and take a stand against the anti gun movement. When I see, No Sales To California, I am thinking the anti gun movement wins another one. As far as the California vote....us gun owners are the minority. The Liberal anti gun voters way out number the pro gun voters. It seems as though gun owners (dealers) from other states are blaming the California gun owners for the anti gun red tape in the state of California. If it has happened in California it can happen in your state! Us gun owners (dealers) need to work together and take a stand and stop catering to the anti gun movement!
    SELL TO CALIFORNIA....AND REMEMBER OWNING A GUN IS A PRIVILEGE.

In red - I assume you are joking, though sadly, most folks, including many gun owners believe this to be true.

Regarding the rest:

Out of state sellers are powerless to educate the voters in California. You, assuming you live in California, must begin that education. You will notice that gun laws are being stricken from the books in many areas around the country. Not enough, to be sure, but the fact is that outside the borders of CA and few other states, freedoms are being wrested back from (and in some cases through) State Legislatures.

Those of us who live outside your borders will have no standing in your courts. It is a fight in which you must engage. Many of us will support financially a legitimate court challenge, but we obviously cannot undertake one ourselves. That, again, is your burden to shoulder.

FWIW, if the gun grabbers control your State Legislature, what possible benefit would it be to an outside FFL holder to register in CA, and expose himself to whatever they decide to do next?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This topic has literally been beat to DEATH.
    Locking it before it's inevitable downhill spiral.