In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kalifornia under attack. Yet again.....

El MariachiEl Mariachi Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
Just got this from the CRPA a minute ago. Gentlemen, we're gonna need all the help we can get on these items, or this state will just fall into enemy hands forever......[8D]

California Rifle & Pistol Association

NEWS RELEASE

crpa

Quick Links...
CRPA Homepage
CRPA Foundation
News Release Archive

Join Our Mailing List

Take Action - Stop These Anti-Gun Bills!

5/13/2011

Write, email, or call your Senator and Assembly Member and spread the word to fellow firearms owners and sportsmen. Don't forget that you can email your Senator, Assembly Member, and committee members by clicking each bill number to find the contact information, or by clicking here.

SB 124 - Expansion of Handgun Ammunition Definition (CRPA Position: Oppose)

SB 124, introduced by Senator de Leon, would expand the definition of handgun ammunition to include most rifle cartridges, require registration of ammunition purchases, and would halt mail order sales of ammunition. Besides the registration and mail order issues with this bill, a major concern with this legislation is that it could reclassify non-lead ammunition as "armor piercing" ammunition. And, it is currently a felony to possess armor piercing ammunition. As you may know, non-lead ammunition is required when hunting in the California condor zone. If this bill were to pass it would halt hunting in the condor zone. On May 2, SB 124 was sent to the Senate Committee on Appropriations suspense file due to costs associated with the bill. This means that SB 124 will remain in in suspense unless the author can show that there are no significant costs to implement its provisions. Even though it has been moved to suspense the author may still attempt to amend the bill to reduce costs so that it can make its way back out of suspense and onto a floor vote. We need to keep SB 124 in suspense; contact your Senator, Assembly Member, and members of the Senate Committee on Appropriations and continue to oppose SB 124. Contact Senator Kevin de Leon with one click here. Fill out the required fields on the form and submit.

AB 809 - Rifle and Shotgun Registration (CRPA Position: Oppose)

As of May 4 AB 809 was sent to the suspense file, by the Assembly Committee on Appropriations, due to costs. AB 809 was reintroduced this year by Assembly Member Feuer in an attempt to require registration of all newly acquired rifles and shotguns, similar to the required registration of handguns. This is another form of AB 1810 which you may recall was defeated last year. We need to keep AB 809 in suspense; contact your Senator, Assembly Member, and members of the Assembly Committee on Appropriations and continue to oppose AB 809. Contact Assemblyman Mike Feuer with one click here. Fill out the required fields on the form and submit.

SB 798 - BB and Pellet Gun Coloration (CRPA Position: Oppose)

SB 798 would require that the entire exterior surface of BB and pellet guns be manufactured in bright colors as are toy guns (i.e., white, bright orange, bright red, bright green, bright blue, bright yellow, bright pink, or bright purple). The bill is a concern to BB and pellet gun dealers, manufacturers, and purchasers. The question looms as to whether it would be cost effective for manufactures to produce BB and pellet guns to meet the California coloration requirements. SB 798 provides for BB and pellet guns to be treated as an imitation firearm. Please stay vigilant on this bill. Contact your Senator and Assembly Member and strongly urge them to say NO to SB 798. Contact Senator Kevin de Leon with one click here. Fill out the required fields on the form and submit.

AB 144 - Ban on Open Carry of Unloaded Handguns (CRPA Position: Oppose)

AB 144 authored by Assembly Member Portantino is a remake of last year's AB 1934. AB 1934 was introduced by Assembly Member Saldana and to the relief of firearms owners was defeated on the last night of the legislative session. AB 144 would again prohibit the open carry of an unloaded handgun in most public places. Just like last year, this bill concerns gun owners and sportsmen. It leaves no option for self-protection especially in counties where it is impossible to obtain a license to carry a concealed handgun. The bill does not take into account public and private lands used by the public for outdoor recreation purposes. Hunters, fishermen, hikers, campers, and others would not be able to openly carry a handgun while recreating on vast tracts of public land and would be at risk in remote areas with no means to protect themselves. Many remote areas do not have cell phone coverage making it impossible to call for law enforcement help. Even if a person were able to call for help, the time for law enforcement to respond would be too long to be of any assistance. People need the option to carry a handgun for self-defense, and AB 144 takes all options away. AB 144 is pending a floor vote in the Assembly at this time; if it makes it through the Assembly it will head for the Senate. Help stop this bill now. Urge your Senator and Assembly Member to vote NO on AB 144. Contact Assemblyman Anthony Portantino with one click here. Fill out the required fields on the form and submit.

The California Rifle and Pistol Association "CRPA," founded in 1875, is dedicated to defending the rights of law-abiding citizens to responsibly use firearms for self-defense and the defense of their loved ones, for sport, and for all other legal activities. CRPA is the official state association of the National Rifle Association. A California non-profit association, CRPA is independently directed by its own Board of Directors. CRPA's members include law enforcement officers, prosecutors, professionals, firearm experts, the general public, and loving parents. CRPA has always worked to reduce the criminal misuse of firearms and firearms accidents, while actively promoting and organizing the competitive shooting sports and Olympic training programs in California. We are proud to say that many CRPA competitors are among the best in the world.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=cmskahdab&v=001OsO-C5786B2t-3Q3lDb_vIE3ODG5fe6PEjO2hxo9bDOjDKyTkKc_XwWxx8o8rgmfRnYiM1GRCXLborNFTabtCy6DN16YzAckDEbch48wHfQHiyv3nJmzWLIcsPtofoZZAQ3icBq6Hf5lnOUgjQNmZUIb8igLaPaGg-_yJG0PDr0ONfjrTgxqTp3-oi2IFyQGITqn7aP4KTglyzmAorUa0cd6-gOb2s75Vl1DMa0lUEidv_NNk75zGtQnqxvcsGE1SmVheeg-LqM=

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Can a state revolt?
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    Calis have gotten what they deserve for the apathetic behavior of the last 50 years. To sit idle is to accept its consequences.

Sorry, but I have no pity on the Californians who have allowed this and other issues to deteriorate.[xx(]

[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Uhm.......I just got back into firearms after an 18 year hiatus here in Kali. So please 'scuse me from concentrating on the other statewide issues I've been involved with that concern my other hobbies in this gawd-4-saken state. Like recreational boating, fishing and off roading. It's just a one man show here, Pal, and I can only keep so many spinning plates up in the air at once.....
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:So please 'scuse me from concentrating on the other statewide issues I've been involved with that concern my other hobbies Perhaps you should reflect on your statement.

If you look upon your fundamental right to keep and bear arms as just another of your 'hobbies', one that is relegated to take a back seat to... quote:recreational boating, fishing and off roading....well, I guess that you fit the Kali mold just fine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A 'Hobby' is something/pastime that one is usually currently engaged in. In the mid 80's (when I stopped 'hobbying' in firearms), we didn't have all these fricken issues like we do today. But obviously now we do, which is why I posted this. So if you wanna get pissy at me for not closely following the last two decades of the crap that occured in Kali when I wasn't looking, please have at it. In the meantime, I'll be over here, doing what I can do now.....