In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ammo maker closure

woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
EPA rules, at the urging of Obama, has ordered the closing of the last lead smelter. A major attack on our gun rights and the rights of people to earn a living and take part in interstate commerce. There must be something we can do about this debacle. I wrote to my representatives and fellow shooters urging them to write.

Comments

• woodchuckjohnwoodchuckjohn Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people just like to get the rest of us up in arms by giving us only part of the story. I hate that, it happens all the time on the net, half truths and lies from both sides. Thanks for the "rest of the story.:
  • torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    The bad thing is that now it's the smelter that refines raw ore into lead. Next the EPA will change standards so the recycling smelters won't be able to meet. That is where we are heading as long as non elected political appointees are making the regulations without any kind of real oversight.
  • Layne12gunLayne12gun Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Second Admn States that the Right to Keep and BEAR arms will not be infringed. The control of the manufacture of ANY ammo component and shortages of any ammo is an infringement of that RIGHT. The government should assure that the AMERICAN PEOPLE get ammo FIRST then the rest of the government agencies.

Depriving the American Citizens of access to Any ammo is infringement.

I just wonder when some one is going to stand up to the paper tiger called the EPA.
  • torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Layne12gun
    I just wonder when some one is going to stand up to the paper tiger called the EPA.

The EPA is not so much of a paper tiger as some think. They have too much power for being nonelected officials. Between them and the DEQ they have shut down a lot of small bussiness' over the years.
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone who remembers the Klamath Falls debacle knows that the EPA is anything but a paper tiger.