In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Celebrities Talk Guns Post Shooting

Peter SuciuPeter Suciu Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
What is really dangerous is how celebrities, who know nothing about guns suddenly talk about guns.

Spike Lee had this to say on the Today Show
"The United States of America is the most violent country in the history of civilization. And this NRA thing. We gotta turn this around. You know these, these guns are out of hand. And I know they have a very powerful lobby but something has to be done about the gun control in this country. That's my opinion."
My response on FirearmsTruth: http://www.firearmstruth.com/2011/spike-lee-on-today-show-reacts-to-shooting

And loud mouth Bill Maher on the Tonight Show:
"I'm so tired of hearing about the Second Amendment and the Constitution. If you love guns just admit it like it's a vice. It's like alcohol or drugs or sex addiction [Scattered applause] or gambling. It's just a vice. It's something you like. It's not good for you or anybody else. You just like it. But stop the bulls-t about the second amendment in the Constitution, because nobody needs - nobody needs a gun that fires 31 rounds."
More on my post at FirearmsTruth: http://www.firearmstruth.com/2011/tonight-show-and-bill-maher-spew-anti-gun-nonsense

Please feel free to weigh in and respond. I'm trying to get a dialog going to show that gun owners don't care what celebrities think! They may play smart people in movies, but they're idiots when they're themselves.

Comments

• slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spike Lee needs to address the social problems in the black community that leads to blacks killing blacks on a continual basis.

Bill Maher does not have a clue as to what guns are all about. He fails to realize that if the second ammendment were gone, the first ammendment would not be far behind and he would also soon be silenced and looking for a real job.
  • bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Spike Lee makes some of the most violent movies in the industry. He couldn't do this if there wasn't control problem in the "HOOD."
    2. Bill Maher may not think that you, I, or even he needs a "Gun", but obviously he thinks his body guard needs one.
    3. Rosie O'Donell doesn't think we pee-ons need firearms to protect our families, but obviously she and her family are more deserving of armed protection since she has several armed security guards.
    4. The issue isn't "NEED." The issue is "RIGHT."
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Please feel free to weigh in and respond. I'm trying to get a dialog going to show that gun owners don't care what celebrities think! They may play smart people in movies, but they're idiots when they're themselves.

Celebrities only enter the political areana because they feel the need to feed their own egos. 99.9% of actors and entertainers, are idiots.

I don't pay attention to their politicals rantings. These types know about as much about politics as the government knows about raising kids.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,307 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Peter Suciu
    but something has to be done about the gun control in this country. That's my opinion."
    Well, damn, me and Spike agree on something. Something DOES have to be done about gun control in this country.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    quote:Originally posted by Peter Suciu
    but something has to be done about the gun control in this country. That's my opinion."
    Well, damn, me and Spike agree on something. Something DOES have to be done about gun control in this country.

[:)][:)]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very sad the large percentage of the population that eats up and takes to heart the BS many celebrities spew. These ridiculous statements put out by these people do as much harm to freedom as the unconstitutional actions of our legislatures and judiciary IMO.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently Spike hasn't vacation in the Sudan, or Somalia or any other 3rd World Craphole
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Celebs should respect others.
    Why should we care what they have to say. They have already spoken thier views ad nausea. Spike Lee thru his bias toward black agenda.
    He should make boys in the hood part II and stay at the Bball game.

The constitution has spoken thru the founders.

Bill Maher is joker. He should stick to his boring staged not funny show. If he didn't make inflammatory remarks to his canned laughter audience. There would be no cable contracts. Bill Maher is a looser and will do anything to be heard.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Celebs should respect others.
    Why should we care what they have to say. They have already spoken thier views ad nausea. Spike Lee thru his bias toward black agenda.
    He should make boys in the hood part II and stay at the Bball game.

The constitution has spoken thru the founders.

Bill Maher is joker. He should stick to his boring staged not funny show. If he didn't make inflammatory remarks to his canned laughter audience. There would be no cable contracts. Bill Maher is a looser and will do anything to be heard.

Rant on wpage, don't stop now, looks like you're just gettin warmed up.[;)]
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    celebrities? Like that Wayne what's his name that got nailed in both Arizona and NYC for possession of drugs and firearms? Yeah, celebrities hold a lot of weight with me for sure. I'm betting the pot head in the Tucson shooting gets off on an insane plea and then gets "cured" so he can do dope and lie on his next FFL form when he buys another gun. Only difference next time he will take careful aim so his ten shots count. [:0]
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    Spike Lee makes some of the most violent movies in the industry. He couldn't do this if there weren't any guns, and that is what pi$$es me off, these gun hating hypocritical liberal [:(!]SOBs will use guns in their movie making business, yet do not want you to have one.
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    Spike Lee makes some of the most violent movies in the industry. He couldn't do this if there weren't any guns, and that is what pi$$es me off, these gun hating hypocritical liberal [:(!]SOBs will use guns in their movie making business, yet do not want you to have one.

Interesting part is that with a total gun ban ... the prop guns in the movies lose their appeal ... and the movie maker's lose their audience. Guess they will just have to go back to portraying their glorified gangbanger's using zip guns like in the good old days. [:D]