In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Confiscation..........Australian reality

kerkkerk Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
I found this interesting from another board. Perhaps some of you already saw it.

It is a response from an Australian to one of the U.S. 'come and get em' posters. Copied as posted.

Perhaps a reality check......perhaps citizen intel....probably both:

Quote:

"..i challenge anyone to try to take my guns!.."

Response:

if it happens you'd be surprised

once they shoot a few and arrest and charge a few hundred thousand as happened here , pressure from wives and family can be a enormous influence

i know many who stated the same but saw the warrentless searches , saw government employees loss thier job and income , then thier houses as they could not make mortgage payments, many who stated this ended up taking the money and surrendered what they had or buried them and claimed they where sold long before.

I'm not doubting anyones resolve on this but know from first hand experience even the hardest look at thier wives and loved ones and rethink and act in the best interests of thier loved ones , sacrificing thier own thoughts and feeling for thier family.

if they do come they come hard and make examples of many to intimidate the majority , then declare the rest outlaws.

320,000+ Australian where charged and as such have a permanant CRIMINAL record, stopping them from working on anything government or companies that do work for government, joining the defence force or many civil jobs.

this includes Professor Julius Sumner-Miller A US Professor who came here to live

From 1962 to 1964, he was Disney's "Professor Wonderful"

he was locked up for 4 weeks until he surrenderdd his colt .45 1911

faced with finacial ruin and with constant pleadings from his wife he was released and the charges dropped so he could continue to teach, his first and greatest love.

he stated later if it was not for his wife and children he would have stayed in jail, he also stated they threatened his kids with accesory charges and this would have made them criminals too ( the accessory charge was often applied to family members of holdouts)

this was the case with many

i was oversea's at the time and luckily the girl i was involved with at the time got some of my weapons to the USA stateing i had a pre-existing agreement of sale ( a loophole the rich had) , they where sent to a mate in florida and stayed there until i sold most last year .

for a couple of years police raided houses without warrants based on club documents and gunsmiths tax returns and other documents and these searches forced many more to surrender thier guns

think hard now

if your wife , your family where to lose everything would you still say i'd not give up my guns??

the best way is to vote out anyone who suggests any form of gun control
better still charge them with subversion of your constitutional rights and tie them up with law suits so they do not even attempt such, send letter to those who donate to anti gun mobs and threaten them with legal action as we have done here and watch thier funds dry up.

Without funds they soon dissappear and this is how we have started to claw our rights back here

but a action plan is far better than blanket statements that , i think , you do not understand the full implications of as i don't think most people understand just how evil these creatures are.

i hope it never comes to that for the people of the US , I Pray it too.

but be aware that a blanket statement will not stop them. And once declared a outlaw, you have no rights what so ever

stop them BEFORE it gets that far

safest way i can think

cheers and God Bless us all

jack .."

Comments

• WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die...La-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la... So what the hell is that supposed to mean then, so we're all supposed to give up and die, is that it?

Sorry not me and yeah "come and get them!" and if they are skeptical no problem by all means try it and witness first hand what will happen, although they may want to do some research first as not everyone is a "jackayap" just a good number unfortunately. However some will fight even to the death if necessary, but there will only be one way to find out, which I hope never happens, but will not hesitate for a second if it ever does...
    If they have any sense at all they will leave us in peace and start following the Constitution for once and stop trying to interpret it.

Here are some that opposed and or fought with the government for various reasons and no one probably ever thought that they would do what they did either:

Gordon Kahl
    Yori Kahl
    Randy Weaver
    David Koresh
    Dean Harvey Hicks
    Charles Polk
    LeRoy Schweitzer
    Joseph Bailie
    Ed and Elaine Brown
    Shawn Timothy Nelson
    Marvin Heemeyer
    Joseph Stack
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I may be wrong, but I don't think Australia has a piece of paper that states "shall not be infringed".

quote:once they shoot a few and arrest and charge a few hundred thousand as happened hereI could not even imagine what would happen if the 'boots tried that crap here.
  • kerkkerk Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Werwolf
    Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die...La-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la... So what the hell is that supposed to mean then, so we're all supposed to give up and die, is that it?

Sorry not me and yeah "come and get them!" and if they are skeptical no problem by all means try it and witness first hand what will happen, although they may want to do some research first as not everyone is a "jackayap" just a good number unfortunately. However some will fight even to the death if necessary, but there will only be one way to find out, which I hope never happens, but will not hesitate for a second if it ever does...
    If they have any sense at all they will leave us in peace and start following the Constitution for once and stop trying to interpret it.

Here are some that opposed and or fought with the government for various reasons and no one probably ever thought that they would do what they did either:

Gordon Kahl
    Yori Kahl
    Randy Weaver
    David Koresh
    Dean Harvey Hicks
    Charles Polk
    LeRoy Schweitzer
    Joseph Bailie
    Ed and Elaine Brown
    Shawn Timothy Nelson
    Marvin Heemeyer
    Joseph Stack

What's it supposed to mean? I thought it was pretty simple, just an account from someone who saw it done and relayed the experience. Draw your own conclusions, but if you need further explanation, let me know.

I also learned that they even took out Rodney William Ansell, the real life 'Crocodile Dundee'.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Kerk ;
    Posting that to sooth your own conscionce for when the raids start...and you turn your guns in, and your neighbor over ?

We here in America...the Americans, at least...are the best in the world. Your post proves that.

Just WHAT do you suppose would have happened if EVERY ONE of those 320 thousand cowards had shot just ONE jack-booted thug ?

Wives and children are INDEED important...but a man that will not defend them is a rank, sniveling COWARD...and allowing stinking government agents to steal weapons from citizens is insanity.

Please...don't present the actions of cowards as a model for decent, hardworking Americans to follow.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    I may be wrong, but I don't think Australia has a piece of paper that states "shall not be infringed".

quote:once they shoot a few and arrest and charge a few hundred thousand as happened hereI could not even imagine what would happen if the 'boots tried that crap here.

'Shall not be infringed'? As for that, they could ban and confiscate everything, and allow you to keep a single shot, bolt action .22, and still be in compliance with 2A. And actually, they could ban all ammunition, as 2A states nothing about bullets.

Point being, don't think because we have a 'piece of paper' that all is safe.

As in Australia, if they attempt it here, it will be soon after some sort of tragedy or emergency, possibly even created by the government.

I can't imagine what would happen either, I don't think anyone could because the possible scenarios are endless.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    When they come you will see the difference in Americans and Australians, its simple as that.[:)]

They can ban whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I got nothing to turn in anyway.[^]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Kerk ;
    Posting that to sooth your own conscionce for when the raids start...and you turn your guns in, and your neighbor over ?

We here in America...the Americans, at least...are the best in the world. Your post proves that.

Just WHAT do you suppose would have happened if EVERY ONE of those 320 thousand cowards had shot just ONE jack-booted thug ?

Wives and children are INDEED important...but a man that will not defend them is a rank, sniveling COWARD...and allowing stinking government agents to steal weapons from citizens is insanity.

Please...don't present the actions of cowards as a model for decent, hardworking Americans to follow.

"..Posting that to sooth your own conscionce for when the raids start...and you turn your guns in, and your neighbor over ?..".

Rather presumptuous there, eh Highball? Where did you read that part?

But while we're on the subject, educate me. I'm just curious how 'you' would have coordinated those 320 thousand 'cowards' into an organized resistance, when at that time, cell phone usage was probably not even widespread. I would find your strategy of interest, as you seem to know how this would go down. I'm sure glad someone does.

I have this silly idea that government agents, that are paid with our tax dollars, would spend the time to plan which areas and individuals they would target with overwhelming numbers, firepower, and technology at any hour of the day. But that's just me, how do you see it, and how would you handle it?

"..Wives and children are INDEED important...but a man that will not defend them is a rank, sniveling COWARD...and allowing stinking government agents to steal weapons from citizens is insanity...".

Defend them from what.......someone with a badge taking your guns? No problem, just make sure your wife and kids are OK with you being killed or jailed so you can keep the guns, and not be a sniveling coward. I'm sure they'll understand.

"..Please...don't present the actions of cowards as a model for decent, hardworking Americans to follow..."

Huh?????? "..a model to follow.."?

Really, you guys are reading way too much into this. It was posted to relay one persons view of what took place. If you all can't deal with a history lesson, and have to kill the messenger, then I have to assume your Rambo talk is just that, talk........and not well thought out.

Anyway, don't forget, I'll be waiting to read your well planned strategy for how those Aussie's could have avoided being cowards.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    When they come you will see the difference in Americans and Australians, its simple as that.[:)]

They can ban whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I got nothing to turn in anyway.[^]

You mean like the recent American 'resistance' in that Michigan 'joint taskforce' practice run?
    edited November -1
    quote:Anyway, don't forget, I'll be waiting to read your well planned strategy for how those Aussie's could have avoided being cowards.

I just BET you are.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kerk

he was locked up for 4 weeks until he surrenderdd his colt .45 1911

faced with finacial ruin and with constant pleadings from his wife he was released and the charges dropped so he could continue to teach, his first and greatest love.

There's the trouble.

By trade, I am a fireman. I love what I do, and I have no doubt I am doing exactly what I was put on this earth to do.

There are, however, things I love and cherish more than being a firefighter.
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that "ARMS" is meant to be a LOADED weapon as a gun that is not loaded is just a weird looking club. Also, the organized, planned resistance has to be in place YEARS before any type of confications take place. We have some SOPs in place that address just such an event. Cache away from the house. Cache at 3-4 different locations. Also, an SOP for a call tree if anything near confiscation is reported in order to make everyone aware.

I also agree that if the government agents that show up are shot on a regular basis, then they will curtail their efforts. Either way, THEY will have to make their play and liver (or die) with the consequences.
    edited November -1
    What's it supposed to mean? I thought it was pretty simple, just an account from someone who saw it done and relayed the experience. Draw your own conclusions, but if you need further explanation, let me know.
    I also learned that they even took out Rodney William Ansell, the real life 'Crocodile Dundee'.

It is just what I said it was, I have no need to draw anything especially from your kind, its quite clear who and what you are, as is your collectivist and progressive stance.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid

[:D]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys I'm not approving or disapproving of any or all posts here but the same case can be made about US as we stood by and watched the government slay men,women and children at Ruby Ridge,Waco ect. Look how unconstitutional we have let our government become.

Austrailia has their problems and WE have ours. I think the general consensus is we both could have/should have done more.

So lets not add too much insult to injury here.
    Go ahead and flame me if you wish.

BTW Happy Easter!! [;)]
    edited November -1
    Happy Easter. Rejoice For this IS the DAY that the Lord has made.
    edited November -1
    Hunter ;
    I agree...a little bit.

NEITHER case was the result of National gun bans. They were able to isolate and demonize those small groups of people...and many of us watching were still inclined to believe in and trust that our government was not comprised of homicidal maniacs.

I really think that that position is no longer held by intelligent people in this country.
    The insane elites overplayed their hand...the truth is out there...and blind trust is a thing of the past.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HB, good point, and without looking up the details, it was "long ago" these events happened. I do recall the raids were based on weapons violations. Yes not from a ban unless it was the AWB? but none the less unconstitutional laws that these people were shot and burned in/from their homes.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These individual cases are isolated and often involve domestic violence or "other"
    Even the 2nd amendment will not protect a violator of law.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kerk,

I know you did not write this. (unless you are jack)
    I also know where this came from, and I mentally questioned parts of it, the first time I read it. The 320,000+ number REALLY stood out.

Sure, some parts "may" have "some" legitimacy, but most of this is pretty sloppily written fiction, at best.

I have been in communication with someone that lives in Australia, who I give much more credibility to, than.....jack.

He said....
    Since 1996 it would be in the low couple of hundred people nation wide, that have been charged with possessing unregistered firearms, or banned or illegal firearms...a far shot from hundreds of thousands.

Yes, wives can and did put a lot of pressure on blokes to hand the guns in because at the time the federal government was paying way above market value for the guns they wanted handing in.
    (wives thinking more about the MONEY? Naaaaa..... never happen)

Hey, he lives there, and knows more about this than I would.
    He went on to say that a lot more of this post is BS.

BUT, the coup de grace to his post, is something I initially had to check on myself. My friend kind of verified it. You can look it up as well.

Seems kind of funny how the writer of this story, goes on and on about how Professor Julius Sumner-Miller was such a victim of this gun control/confiscation scenario. How his wife pleaded with him, to get him out of jail. And on and on..... All because he wouldn't turn in his Colt .45.
    Now keep in mind, the initial gun ban became law in 1996.

Professor Julius Sumner-Miller,
    Disney's "Professor Wonderful"
    DIED in 1987
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pickenup,

new version of SSS, just for you. Slap, Smack, Send them home. Well done. Something did not ring true about the OP, thanks for the expose.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Probably one of the known liberal jackayap "your a keyboard commando" posters here with their multiple usernames, but just cant understand why they even bother coming here though; its not like they are going to convert anyone or change anyone's mind, at least I wouldn't think so, but from some of the recent rhetoric I have my doubts.
    edited November -1
    Werwolf ;
    We are surrounded by feminized males. These types of posts will INDEED convince many of those 'girly-men' to hand in their weapons.

Rest assured...the 'kerks' are not speaking to the men around here. These types of posts are designed to weaken the will of potential allies of the Constitution.

Note the 'come and get em' posters' in the OP...VERY thinly veiled contempt revealed there...
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Werwolf ;
    We are surrounded by feminized males. These types of posts will INDEED convince many of those 'girly-men' to hand in their weapons.
    Rest assured...the 'kerks' are not speaking to the men around here. These types of posts are designed to weaken the will of potential allies of the Constitution.
    Note the 'come and get em' posters' in the OP...VERY thinly veiled contempt revealed there...

Heard that and very much agreed and I definitely caught the contempt as you will notice my reply, your singing to the choir. I just cant believe that the same country that means so much to us could mean so little to others and that they would totally reject it and maintain their weekminded ideals and embrace their heathen anti-GOD liberalistic ways, just makes me sick is all...
    And I further cant believe that people buy into this nonsense that the government, military and police are our friends, yeah right; just keep thinking that...because you serve doesn't mean you are in agreement to them, you just served thats all, its very difficult to hold an organization in high regard that doesnt do the same for you.
    It would be interesting to listen to our Fore-Fathers of the Constitution and what they would have to say about all of this and the corrupt and heathen society today and what they would do, I can just imagine.
    Oh and btw wanted to give you credit for "jackayap" IIRC LOL, where did you get that... when I first read that on one of your posts to one of the common and annoying liberals here I just about fell out of my chair laughing...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    kerk,

I know you did not write this. (unless you are jack)
    I also know where this came from, and I mentally questioned parts of it, the first time I read it. The 320,000+ number REALLY stood out.

Sure, some parts "may" have "some" legitimacy, but most of this is pretty sloppily written fiction, at best.

I have been in communication with someone that lives in Australia, who I give much more credibility to, than.....jack.

He said....
    Since 1996 it would be in the low couple of hundred people nation wide, that have been charged with possessing unregistered firearms, or banned or illegal firearms...a far shot from hundreds of thousands.

Yes, wives can and did put a lot of pressure on blokes to hand the guns in because at the time the federal government was paying way above market value for the guns they wanted handing in.
    (wives thinking more about the MONEY? Naaaaa..... never happen)

Hey, he lives there, and knows more about this than I would.
    He went on to say that a lot more of this post is BS.

BUT, the coup de grace to his post, is something I initially had to check on myself. My friend kind of verified it. You can look it up as well.

Seems kind of funny how the writer of this story, goes on and on about how Professor Julius Sumner-Miller was such a victim of this gun control/confiscation scenario. How his wife pleaded with him, to get him out of jail. And on and on..... All because he wouldn't turn in his Colt .45.
    Now keep in mind, the initial gun ban became law in 1996.

Professor Julius Sumner-Miller,
    Disney's "Professor Wonderful"
    DIED in 1987

Yeah, I couldn't find much independent info to back up his claims. It seems if it was as dramatic as he made it, there would have been more written about it. And yes, I see miller had been dead for 9 years by 96. I don't know what's with this 'Jack', but he's been posting awhile. I'd post the link, but it won't show.

But anyway, it was entertaining getting flamed and drawing out those who would shoot the messenger, plus learn who possesses the omniscience to know me by my posting of someone Else's words.

Impressive, indeed.

Maybe they should read some of my few, but earlier posts.

Now I know it doesn't 'always' apply, but more often than not, throughout my life I have found that usually the biggest 'talkers' are the first to fold.

I see there's some big 'talkers' here.
  • rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kerk,

First, I disagree with calling Aussies cowards. I've served with them and married a "Sheila" whose uncles fought the Japs in New Guinea and know that's not a word that applies to Aussies. At least Australia's government has had the stones to tell the Muslims to live by Australian laws or get out. Ours is more concerned with not offending them.

I think there is merit in what you say just as there is merit to what Highball and the others have said. I think the biggest difference is in culture rather than courage. Americans have a long tradition of standing up to governments we see as oppressive and in doing it in a much different manner than Australians. Remember, Australia was still subservient to The Crown nearly two hundred years after Americans shot it out with the soldiers of King George. While we "yanks" would have much rather seen Australians stand up to John Howard and the rest, it was far more problematic there than here.

Here's one example. Law enforcement in most US states rests primarily with the county sheriff. That's to ensure law enforcement stays under the close scrutiny of the people it's supposed to protect. Most sheriffs, when you speak to them off camera, will tell you they'll never participate in gun confiscation. Whether they'll actively resist the Feds or just stand off to the side is a question yet to be determined but they realize they'd soon run out of deputies if they complied with such a federal mandate.

Neither has Australia ever come to a civil war as we American did. Australians have never reached the point of disagreement where you actively chose up sides and killed each other in great numbers. Our attitude is more of "we did it before, don't push us too far or we'll do it again." Unfortunately, we're probably almost as divided right now as we were in the 1860's and, if we can't sort things out at the ballot box soon, conflict may be a forgone conclusion. With a President like the national embarrassment we currently endure, it is far more likely now than it was 18 months ago.

So, I would say your warning is well founded and thought provoking but probably underestimates the American willingness to say "enough of this crap."
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    HB, good point, and without looking up the details, it was "long ago" these events happened. I do recall the raids were based on weapons violations. Yes not from a ban unless it was the AWB? but none the less unconstitutional laws that these people were shot and burned in/from their homes.

Waco has always been a sore point with me. I don't recall that the raid was based upon weapons violations, that claim came after the fact. The raid, as I remember, was based upon "child abuse" claims. I will always believe that the true basis of the raid was purely a test of the ability of the government to quell an urban warfare situation.

It was initiated by the government, the government fired the first round (reportedly an accidental discharge by one of the participants that was exiting the trailer) and the government set up the circumstances that magnified the end.

Only the government was allowed to "investigate" the aftermath, and only their people "discovered" that weapons had been altered to fire full automatic.

I have always felt that the compound's response to the attack by the men in black was justified under the circumstances and the end did not justify the means. The people of Waco that did not come to the aid of their citizens will have to live with that.

The government proved their point that day, and the lesson should be very clear as to what they are capable of.

[V]
    edited November -1
    Let us define 'raw courage'.

A man that goes and fights at the behest of those in power, acquits himself well in the face of the enemy of that government can well and truly be called 'courageous'.

A man that finds that he must fight his OWN government that has become tyrannical...without the benefit of support from those in power, OR from much of the citizenry.and is doing it in support of the sort of Liberty for those masses.such as the Founders Revolution..THERE is the sort of raw courage that ought to be sung about through the ages.

Unhappily...we today celebrate the former.and vilify the latter.even when the fight is `soft', in the word stage, only.

I do not back down one whit. While I am quite confident many `Aussies' can and WOULD whip my az over my statement.they are COWARDS for allowing the government to disarm them. NO amount of physical `beatings' administered by one of them will change the facts.

Had ten thousand of them RESISTED.the outcome might well have been different.

As for those that insist that `big mouth talkers' will fold at the first shot.?

What is THEIR excuse.for lacking the courage to even TALK about the soft tyranny we are in today.let ALONE what THEY will do in the event of a gun ban ?
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I couldn't find much independent info to back up his claims. It seems if it was as dramatic as he made it, there would have been more written about it. And yes, I see miller had been dead for 9 years by 96. I don't know what's with this 'Jack', but he's been posting awhile. I'd post the link, but it won't show.
    But anyway, it was entertaining getting flamed and drawing out those who would shoot the messenger, plus learn who possesses the omniscience to know me by my posting of someone Else's words.
    Impressive, indeed.
    Maybe they should read some of my few, but earlier posts.
    Now I know it doesn't 'always' apply, but more often than not, throughout my life I have found that usually the biggest 'talkers' are the first to fold.
    I see there's some big 'talkers' here.

First off the story is full of inaccuracies and brings into question the integrity and moral standard of this so called mysterious individual as well, not to mention if this is of the same hand in the first place.
    This has all the makings of progressive and liberal collectivism, plain and simple and is just another attempt at procurement by them to try and sway others away from Constitutionalist fundamentals granted to us by GOD that our country was established on in order to undermine and discredit the Constitution and Republic.
    There is no "flamed messenger" about it, you were in the wrong and you supported the beliefs and it was pointed out to you by several well known board and respected members and you feel now that you have been treated unfairly, first off this is a Pro-Constitutionalist board not the other way around and we are NOT going to bow to you, your collective ideas or to those that you serve, so go and tell your leaders.
    There is NO reason to read any prior posts that you may have, as I believe that you have established your intent and beliefs quite clearly already.

Quote-"I have found that usually the biggest 'talkers' are the first to fold.
    I see there's some 'big talkers' here."

Really, where were you when these events took place in order to give of account of it, you witnessed these things happen personally, which event did you partake in to get this information first hand; maybe at Medina, Ruby Ridge, Waco, Jordan or was it also of a questionable origin like the australian thing; so I see no "big talkers" here, except for the "jackayaps", but they are all liberal, collectivist, progressives as well.
    edited November -1
    Werwolf ;
    quote:Oh and btw wanted to give you credit for "jackayap" IIRC LOL, where did you get that... when I first read that on one of your posts to one of the common and annoying liberals here I just about fell out of my chair laughing...

I think you are giving me credit for this..and depriving the author of said credit. I cannot remember using it...have used 'man-jack' several times. I worked a pipeline many years ago..the foreman was a big bruiser of a brute. He used that word...I never felt like laughing at him over it...and the word stuck in my memory.

By the way... Your posts are well appreciated hereabouts.
    We are few, we that love Liberty.
    edited November -1
    Werwolf ;
    quote:Oh and btw wanted to give you credit for "jackayap" IIRC LOL, where did you get that... when I first read that on one of your posts to one of the common and annoying liberals here I just about fell out of my chair laughing...
    I think you are giving me credit for this..and depriving the author of said credit. I cannot remember using it...have used 'man-jack' several times. I worked a pipeline many years ago..the foreman was a big bruiser of a brute. He used that word...I never felt like laughing at him over it...and the word stuck in my memory.
    By the way... Your posts are well appreciated hereabouts.
    We are few, we that love Liberty.

Yeah, you used it or a variation of it in an older one of your posts refering to some unamed liberal "we wanna pretend that we support the constitution types", no it wasnt "manjack" interesting story though as my dad worked on the *, it was either "jackayap" or like I said some variation of it; anyway it was hilarious so just take the award damnit! LOL.
    Thanks for the compliment Highball, you are very well appreciated here as well along with several others at least in my book anyway and I am one of you so count on it and if you need me and its shtf or civil war time you and any true Constitutionalists are welcome in my neck of the woods and I presume that I would be welcome with you all.
    Yes we are few that love Liberty, but that damn statue has to go and should be replaced with a Minuteman, I will never get over a foreign statue from a country that couldn't give a damn about us(sorry had to throw that in there).
    Regards
    edited November -1
    Remember Reagans' 'Tear down that wall' statement ?

Well.. 'Tear down that statue' would work well here. I have despised it since I learned about its heritage.

As for being welcome.every man that believes in and supports the ideals of America is more then welcome to share whatever I possess, when the need comes.

No gun controllers, no fascists, no socialists, no one worlders , no Beast-lovers need apply.

Liberty I use as the Founders used it.freedom being one of the most miss-used words ever.
    People mistake `freedom' to mean the absence of ANY laws or restrictions.and society cannot function in that fashion. There MUST be personal responsibility.and enough laws to enforce those.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    If a person was to put something aside for a "rainy" day what is the recommended amount?

I thought maybe since there are 50 states, one for each might be in order. Would two be too many?

Just a thought.

[?]
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    So, the reaction to oppression by residents of a country that was begun as a penal colony under the thumb of a monarchy, who have never tasted freedom before or since, are the yardstick for Americans?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    So, the reaction to oppression by residents of a country that was begun as a penal colony under the thumb of a monarchy, who have never tasted freedom before or since, are the yardstick for Americans?

When you have a POTUS that is trying to bring about control in a free (presumably) country by kissing up to the UN to bring about universal governing ....... yeah, I'm afraid so.

I think the time for America and American's to wake up and take notice is upon us.

[:(!]
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    fyrfinder, my argument is not that the forces of tyranny have arrayed themselves against the citizenry of America, but that the people are different from the other former European colonies.

The people residing in other countries have historically received any rights or freedoms at the pleasure of government. They have never known true freedom. Only America has had the benefit of having as citizens brilliant men who recognized that human rights come from a higher power and used this belief to successfully float a movement separating themselves from an oppressive, autocratic government.

Although the blood has been diluted and the American spirit suppressed by the relentless attack of Progressives over the last century, I would hope that enough people are left that are still willing to "mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor" to defeat tyranny today.

Myself, if the penalty for standing up for my rights is being disallowed from being an employee of a dictatorial government, I welcome it. Our main problem in this country is that there are far too many government employees.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    RockLobster Posted: "The people residing in other countries have historically received any rights or freedoms at the pleasure of government. They have never known true freedom. Only America has had the benefit of having as citizens brilliant men who recognized that human rights come from a higher power and used this belief to successfully float a movement separating themselves from an oppressive, autocratic government.

Although the blood has been diluted and the American spirit suppressed by the relentless attack of Progressives over the last century, I would hope that enough people are left that are still willing to "mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor" to defeat tyranny today."

I think it must have been nice to experience that moment in history when American's felt completely free from an oppressive, autocratic government. Over the last two century's it has been diluted and suppressed ....... but there must have been at least some brief period that it really was different before it fell back into the rut that is government.

Was it in the 1860's that was a turning point? Was it when states succeeded from the union and were forced back by civil war that started the era of change to freedom in this country? The civil war has been peddled as being about slavery and civil rights ..... was it really about control?

On the threshold of civil war again, it will be interesting to see what history will record as the cause ...... and will it be written by a nation united or divided ..... if it survives at all.

[?]