In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question about NRA

fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
I received a card from NRA recently regarding legislation that is presently going through in Arizona. The NRA wants me to contact my representative and ask him to support it. The legislation is to allow any and all Arizonan's to carry a concealed weapon without a permit. The legislator pushing the bill says he wants to see more people in Arizona carry guns. I can see the NRA's wanting to support any legislation that furthers the gun rights of citizen's but I don't think that this is legislation I want to support.

I have a concealed carry permit. I attended the classes and learned alot about the responsiblity that goes along with the carrying of a weapon. Arizona later required a short refresher as part of the renewal of the permit. This also was okay in my book. Now they renew without the refresher being required .. which I suppose is okay.

Now they want to just let anyone that feels the need conceal a weapon in Arizona ..... and with as easy as they made it to obtain a permit and renew it .... I question why they would take this next step?

Is this an attempt to do away with the carry permits? And if it is, how difficult will it be to get a permit if the legislation changes in the future? I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth ..... but this reeks of "beware of greeks bearing gifts" ...

Would appreciate what the members feel about this

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You support gun-control by your own admission.

The NRA supports gun-control also, but since this bill has already passed the Arizona House and the Arizona Senate, they are climbing on the bandwagon so they can claim to be 'staunch defenders' of the RKBA.

Transparent and disgusting.

You seem to be in-line with the NRA mindset of government regulated 'gun-privileges' which stands directly opposite to the US Constitution and the Arizona Constitution, opposite to individual liberty and opposite to the founding principles.

Neither the US Constitution nor the Arizona Constitution authorize government to infringe upon a citizens right to keep and bear arms.

Arizona Constitution, Section 26. Bearing arms

Section 26. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men.

Amendment II to the US Constitution

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The whole concept of government granted and government regulated 'permits' and the accompanying government mandate for government approved firearms 'training' prior to being blessed by government with the privilege to carry arms in a government approved and regulated manner, flies directly in the face of the fundamental right to keep and bear arms.

It is that simple.

What else do you want to know?
  • COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FyrFinder -

My question is why would anyone carry a gun if:
    1) they are unwilling or unable to use it properly
    2) they are not skilled in the use of it

How does having a permit create a safer community?
    The "...shall not be infringed." portion of the 2nd Amendment says you already have the RIGHT not the privilege. No where does it say you can only carry sporting rifles or pistols too big to put in your pocket.

My 80-year old mother carries concealed and has since her 20's. She is in FULL SUPPORT of this and encouraging like-minded seniors in Phoenix to do the same.

But then again, I'm also support buying guns like you do hammers, saws and cars.

JMHO (since you did ask)

COB
  • WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't even bother with the NRA, as they are just another government controlled and funded puppet, if you are really concerned and want to support the cause go to gunowners.org GOA(GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA) and read as much as you can and then tell everyone you can about them and the cause and to support it and our Constitution and only those that will uphold it as it is written, which is what they are supposed to do in the first place.
    The GOA(GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA) is a NO COMPROMISE organization by individuals like ourselves that upholds our 2nd Amendment RIGHTS under the 2nd Amendment of our beloved Constitution from our Republic and not privileges from the corrupt compromised and broken federal government, as we don't want any federal government privileges.
    edited November -1
    I can only echo what LT and COB posted.

Sounds to me as if you are a progressive. Did you also vote for Obama?
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Arizona just moved up on the list of places to consider when I retire.
    Great news guys!!
    And lt496, thanks once again!! [;)]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, for saving me a bunch of typing.

fyrfinder,
    What they said. [:D]
    edited November -1
    T? f?ilte romhat.
  • krazy4kragskrazy4krags Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:My question is why would anyone carry a gun if:
    2) they are not skilled in the use of it

I cherish my rights to gun ownership because of other unsavory fellows who might answer the above questions as follows:

1A: Any "G" gotsta protect they territory and make dey drug profitz.
    2A: I got my 9 milli ready to bust a cap in yo *

Because the unsavory exist and because they will not follow ANY law regarding carry with or without a permit, it seems irrational to suppose that the guidance of federal, state, or local legislation will lead me to any other conclusion that this: I am on my own, particularly in the absence of 24hr police protection, and, therefore, shall follow my heart, my instincts, and my 2nd Amendment right.

To be suspicious of the NRA is healthy. To be suspicious of government regulation and control is equally healthy.

Best Regards,
    Hutch
  • COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Werwolf
    T? f?ilte romhat.

Back at 'cha Werwolf. Enjoy yours too.

COB
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First things first ........ Happy Easter everyone

That being said, might I say that all of your posts are worthy ... great posts evey one actually.

Hope I didn't give the impression that I stand that far left of center .. and no ... I didn't vote for NoBama. Was the hardest decision I had to make at the last big one ... My choices were whittled down to NO Vote or McCain which was almost the same thing.

I believe in gun control ... at least the firm grip and the steady aim part of it. I don't believe that every person is responsible enough to warrant the "right" to carry a firearm, but the one's that I have in mind would be much better to know they are carrying than to have to be surprised. A close friend years back had attrocious firearms habits ..... left his weapons loaded and in reach of his children, never shucked the empties after his last round of the day .. had more "accidents" than any other person I have ever known and was far more a danger to other's than to himself. But then, education probably wouldn't have taken in his case .. he was a former MP in the Marine Corp, and was a city cop for a short while. He always checked his weapons .. pulled the slide and checked the chamber, then dropped the magazine. Pointed the weapon at his wife one day and when she complained he discharged it at a something else. His favorite excuse was "it was a faulty firearm".

COBmmcmss posted: " My question is why would anyone carry a gun if:
    2) they are not skilled in the use of it"

I don't know the answer to that ... but the fact of the matter is that they do. Maybe it is because of the dumbing down of our society and the need to put stupid warnings on everything ... don't put a curling iron in your mouth, Rat poison is not for medical purposes, ... you've all seen them .... and some people need them ... and they vote.

I would be perfectly happy to do away with all of the laws that were deemed necessary because someone screwed it up for the rest of us. The powers to be are overly protective of the gene pool and that doesn't leave much for the rest of us to work with.

Am I totally off base here?

[?]
    edited November -1
    A blessed Easter to you and yours also.
    quote:I don't believe that every person is responsible enough to warrant the "right" to carry a firearm, but the one's that I have in mind would be much better to know they are carrying than to have to be surprised. As I said in my initial post, you are in favor of gun-control, by your own admission.

Mayhap you do not recognize this truth...

Your desires, your fears and your belief in lack of responsibility of others and/or your discomforts do not trump the US Constitution or the Arizona Constitution.

Neither one authorizes government impairment or infringement of a citizens fundamental RIGHT, related to firearms.

The 'feelings' that you have now pronounced twice, are exactly the reason and the mechanism through which we have had government intrusion, unconstitutionally, into this fundamental liberty.

We would be far better served to understand that in a free society, there is a price for individual liberty. Keeping the unreliable and the untrustworthy in check in a free society necessitates swift and sure sanction for the specific commission of a specific 'bad-act' by individual people.

This approach is never considered or utilized and rather, control, prohibition, regulation, categorization and infringement take its place, to the detriment of liberty and against the text of our Constitution.

It really is that simple.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Arizona just moved up on the list of places to consider when I retire. Great news guys !!And lt496, thanks once again!! [;)]

Arizona is a great place to retire Hunter .... been there, done that twice now and loving it. Temp's a little low this morning, only 75 degrees so far, but promises to get up there ... condolences to you member's in snowy country.

We can still see open land out here, and just a short hop to a spot to keep our proficiency up and running. Worse part about here is the close proximity to the other country's .. Mexico and California .. but Mexico isn't all that bad for the most part.

Would help matters if Arizona could succeed from the union and join up with a couple of other like minded states until the rest of the nation regains it's sanity.

[8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Thanks guys, for saving me a bunch of typing.
    fyrfinder, What they said. [:D]
    T? f?ilte romhat.

quote:Originally posted by COBmmcmss
    T? f?ilte romhat.
    Back at 'cha Werwolf. Enjoy yours too.
    COB

Actually that was "your welcome" for pickenup, however regards and Happy Easter, I myself am a direct line of Irish, Scott, Welsh and German, dating back to the 12th century.
    Le dea-mh?in,
    Sl?n go f?ill.
    Remember the Irish Easter Lily!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496A blessed Easter to you and yours also.
    quote:I don't believe that every person is responsible enough to warrant the "right" to carry a firearm, but the one's that I have in mind would be much better to know they are carrying than to have to be surprised. As I said in my initial post, you are in favor of gun-control, by your own admission.

Mayhap you do not recognize this truth...

I will try to understand what you are saying lt496, maybe after it sinks in a bit .... Here in Arizona, anyone not prohibited because of the array of questions on the "registration form" by the feds, can carry a weapon openly. I agree with that ... I also see the reaction of people when open carry in a grocery store freaks them out .. so I can see a real benefit in everyone carrying concealed.

I agree whole heartedly that the government as a hole (whole) is a control freak like no other, and it's bottom line is going to be total control ..... without doubt. It's a darned if you do and darned if you don't situation .... they are just waiting for the next big event to move in and say the time has come to pull in all of the weapons out there. Trust me, I have a lot to lose if it goes that route and I don't want to have that decision in my face. I draw a hard line in the sand ... it's ingrained and I don't think I can change that .. at least not while breathing anyway.

Darn it. I watched this "society" deteriorate for 68 years and I am starting to believe there is something to the end being near (2012?) I put my time in ..... 1960 - 1966 and it eats my insides to see what is running this country. Can it change? Will voting in more of the same make a difference? Will there even be reasonable choices in future elections? Palin isn't the answer .. McCain hasn't a clue, and opening up amnesty for 30 million illegal aliens sure outweight's my vote by a long shot ...

but I degress ........ anyone else got a shot ... I'm sitting back and regrouping.

[xx(]
    edited November -1
    fyrfinder,

I am not attempting to be argumentative, or disrespectful. I merely call things as I see them.

My comments, thus far are in response to what YOU have said... quote:I have a concealed carry permit. I attended the classes and learned alot about the responsiblity that goes along with the carrying of a weapon. Arizona later required a short refresher as part of the renewal of the permit. This also was okay in my book. Now they renew without the refresher being required .. which I suppose is okay.

Now they want to just let anyone that feels the need conceal a weapon in Arizona ..... and with as easy as they made it to obtain a permit and renew it .... I question why they would take this next step?

Is this an attempt to do away with the carry permits? And if it is, how difficult will it be to get a permit if the legislation changes in the future?Your comments seem to be supportive of government requirements prior to being considered 'lawful' in carrying a firearm as you so choose.

That indicates support for gun-control, witting or unwitting.

I posted the relevant sections of the Constitutions of the US and Arizona to clearly point out the lack of authority for either government to infringe or impair this RIGHT.

I am not sure why this is confusing to you.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    fyrfinder,

I am not attempting to be argumentative, or disrespectful. I merely call things as I see them.

My comments, thus far are in response to what YOU have said... quote:I have a concealed carry permit. I attended the classes and learned alot about the responsiblity that goes along with the carrying of a weapon. Arizona later required a short refresher as part of the renewal of the permit. This also was okay in my book. Now they renew without the refresher being required .. which I suppose is okay.

Is this an attempt to do away with the carry permits? And if it is, how difficult will it be to get a permit if the legislation changes in the future?Your comments seem to be supportive of government requirements prior to being considered 'lawful' in carrying a firearm as you so choose.

That indicates support for gun-control, witting or unwitting.

I posted the relevant sections of the Constitutions of the US and Arizona to clearly point out the lack of authority for either government to infringe or impair this RIGHT.

I am not sure why this is confusing to you.

I guess that it is confusing to me because I try to work within the boundry's of the "law" whether I believe it is just or not .. am I supposed to just flat out violate the law? I understand the feeling that most of the legislation since the constitution is subjective but those "laws" were initated by people that were elected to represent the "majority" (which is a laugh) but is it not the rule of the land? I mean, do we drive without a license because the constitution didn't address cars? (I know I am opening myself up on that one) I hold one thing above all others ... I will defend myself and my family to the death. I will defend my country in what I believe is right (which is becoming less and less).

I find your reference to the "oath keeper's" interesting. I took an oath when I entered the service in 1960 .. I have always honored that oath. I took another oath when I entered the fire service in 1964, retired in 1984 and I have always honored that oath too. I am not a member of the "oath keeper's" group and maybe I should be .. but I am not sure that the group has a gray area and I am not sure that I can live up to straight black and white at this time of my life. I no longer take anything literally .. and I will choose my battles unless the battle comes to me. I like the concept of the 10 won't do's .... but how many of the "patriot" groups have later changed for the worst. I suppose the saying is still relevent ....... if we don't hang together, we will most certainly hang individually.

Maybe you are reading more into my post than what is there. Anyone else have a couple of cents to toss in the discussion?
    edited November -1
    werewolf and COB -

I gotta learn Celtic one of these days...all my ancestory goes back to the Emrald Isle!

fyrfinder -

I was once a staunch supporter on the NRA.

No longer.

Please look at JFPO as well, they are a good group, too.

It's hard to accept, but it's true, the NRA-ILA is NOT your friend
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    fyrfinder,
    You came into this forum, saying,
    "I question why they would take this next step?"

MANY in this forum are what you could call, strict Constitutionalists. Who believe the 2nd amendment means what it says.
    "the right to keep and BEAR arms, shall not be infringed"
    Seeking government "permission" to BEAR arms, is UNconstitutional, in ANY form.

Then you mixed the NRA into the fray. Some here may have a different opinion of the NRA than you do. There are 2 sides to every story. For YEARS, members were only presented with one side of it. The other side has now been exposed.

Please read the following thread, think about it for a while, and give us your thoughts, if you would.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=399841
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    fyrfinder,

MANY in this forum are what you could call, strict Constitutionalists. Who believe the 2nd amendment means what it says.

Then you mixed the NRA into the fray. Some here may have a different opinion of the NRA than you do. There are 2 sides to every story. For YEARS, members were only presented with one side of it. The other side has now been exposed.

Please read the following thread, think about it for a while, and give us your thoughts, if you would.

+1
    edited November -1
    fyrfinder,

Actually, I came into this forum with question about the NRA and may have inspired over thinking on the part of some of the members. The question was relatively simple, and some have simply made it more complex than it needed to be.

But that is what happens in this type of discussion.

I do appreciate all of the responses though. They are good honest opinions and that was what I was looking for. Good information was received, and I will digest what I can of it. thank you

[:)]
    edited November -1
    oop's .. forgot to respond to Pickenup.

Interesting piece on the NRA that you offered.

( http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=399841 )

I joined the NRA back in the 60's after I got out of the military. I became a bit discontented with them after reading several of their articles in the "armed citizen" section, what with their highlighting people exchanging shots while running down the streets .. a practice that I still don't agree with to this day.

It was last year that I rejoined the NRA because I do realize their importance in fighting the rights battle on the legislative level. I realize that I cannot do anything on my level and have to support the groups that can and do work on our behalf.

Like opinions .... I don't agree with everything that they do or say, but I will support their platform as long as I can because their cause is what it is all about. Thanks again group

• IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fyrfinder

I joined the NRA back in the 60's after I got out of the military. I became a bit discontented with them after reading several of their articles in the "armed citizen" section, what with their highlighting people exchanging shots while running down the streets .. a practice that I still don't agree with to this day.

It was last year that I rejoined the NRA because I do realize their importance in fighting the rights battle on the legislative level. I realize that I cannot do anything on my level and have to support the groups that can and do work on our behalf.

Like opinions .... I don't agree with everything that they do or say, but I will support their platform as long as I can because their cause is what it is all about. Thanks again group

[V]
    The NRA is NOT what it was founded on.......(period)
    and haven't been for QUITE some time...........They help write gun legislation (period).........To support them once you know better is mind boggling.
    edited November -1

Like I previously said, you support gun-control. It is merely a matter of degrees.

It is as simple as that.
    edited November -1
    Interesting, but a bit top heavy for a discussion.

When I was an inspector, I ran across a cute little phrase that kind of stayed with me. It said that arguing with an inspector was like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you realize that the pig is enjoying it. I think it probably applies to some extent.

Probably would be a good time to end the discussion. Being a relatively new member, would I need to request that the topic be locked by a moderator?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    werewolf and COB -
    I gotta learn Celtic one of these days...all my ancestory goes back to the Emrald Isle!

a chara,
    Yeah its great to be IRISH, Remember the IRISH EASTER LILY and support it! Down with the brits their crown and queen(battle axe), their rotten prime ministers and the unionist ulsters they should all hang, get out of Ireland and leave us alone! We want independence and freedom for Ireland, Scotland and Wales!
    Go raibh maith agat
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Probably would be a good time to end the discussion. Being a relatively new member, would I need to request that the topic be locked by a moderator?

Amusing.

Think that you can hide from the truth ?

Think that re-burying your head in the sand will alleviate the necessity for you to educate yourself ?

Get it locked.it is easy.
    Just go off the edge and start ranting in a high-pitched nasal whine. Talk about peoples mothers, grand-daughters, wives, and girlfriends.

Or you could stay around, read a bit, and become a voice for America.and Americans.
    edited November -1
    werewolf and COB -

a chara,
    Yeah its great to be IRISH, Remember the IRISH EASTER LILY and support it! Down with the brits their crown and queen(battle axe), their rotten prime ministers and the unionist ulsters they should all hang, get out of Ireland and leave us alone! We want independence and freedom for Ireland, Scotland and Wales!
    Go raibh maith agat

off subject, but I always wondered why the Irish were the only ones to rise up and fight the British/English in modern times (1916-1922).

And then to carry it on into the latter part of the 20th Century
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    off subject, but I always wondered why the Irish were the only ones to rise up and fight the British/English in modern times (1916-1922).

Because we are stubborn, crazy half the time, and drunk the other half.

WWKD?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:Probably would be a good time to end the discussion. Being a relatively new member, would I need to request that the topic be locked by a moderator?

Amusing.

Think that you can hide from the truth ?

Think that re-burying your head in the sand will alleviate the necessity for you to educate yourself ?

Get it locked.it is easy.
    Just go off the edge and start ranting in a high-pitched nasal whine. Talk about peoples mothers, grand-daughters, wives, and girlfriends.

Or you could stay around, read a bit, and become a voice for America.and Americans.

[:)]And here I thought that you had enough of me. I guess I opened the can, guess I can at least hang in here until I can find a bigger can to put the worms in. You really think I can learn new tricks? Old dog you know.

[:D]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Are you one of the fabled 10 percent of NRA members?

Do you vote inside the organization?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik

I don't remember being asked to vote on anything NRA so I guess I'm not a 10 percent'er. I do well just to read the articles in the magazine that came with the subscription .. and even then the "political" ones don't set well with me. I had enough politic's after 45 years in city service .. I would make a horrendous politico because I have moral obligations and some sort of IQ that keeps me honest. I've had some great bribe offers over the years though, couldn't accept any but it was nice to know they thought I was worth the effort. Had one mention he should have had me killed .. so I know I was doing my job anyways.

I trust you wanted an honest answer .. appoligize for the "more information than you wanted to know" part .. I tend to regress alot.

[B)]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    fyrfinder ;
    Differences of opinions are one of the methods used by intelligent men to learn.

You will find no lock-step hereabouts..except on one issue. That issue revolves around limited government...one of the tenets of that being that the Second Amendment means EXACTLY what it says...and does so for a purpose.
    edited November -1
    The Arizona Governor just signed a bill into law that is supposed to restrict other more restrictive gun laws in the state.

Ref:http://www.yumasun.com/news/federal-57511-law-brewer.html

Can you really blame me for being confused when they create laws to restrict laws that shouldn't be laws to start with?

[xx(]

It's sinking in ........ honest it is.
    edited November -1

There are many Scots and Welsh that still resist along with the Irish and are part of a vast underground network, an undefeated army.
    Why the downturn of fighting in Scotland, Wales and even Ireland is due to politics, plain and simple along with an underhanded and evil british empire that forces its brutal and unjust governance upon others against their will. However there are always small groups of men and women that decide when enough is enough and stand and fight and just because they may not be victorious doesn't mean they quit, hence undefeated and will carry the fight forever if necessary until victory is attained and the beast is slain.

quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Because we are stubborn, crazy half the time, and drunk the other half.
    WWKD?

• dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I, and a lot of others on the Gun Rights forum are strict Constitutionalists.

I oppose ALL gun laws. If you are not interfering with anybody else's rights, than your rights are unlimited.

To make it perfectly clear, I think it is perfectly acceptable to be able to buy a Micro Uzi submachinegun out of a vending machine, put it in your pocket and carry it with you.

If you are threatening or shooting at anybody else, THEN you should be imprisoned for interfering with their rights, not for the guns you own or carry.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    I, and a lot of others on the Gun Rights forum are strict Constitutionalists.

I oppose ALL gun laws. If you are not interfering with anybody else's rights, than your rights are unlimited.

To make it perfectly clear, I think it is perfectly acceptable to be able to buy a Micro Uzi submachinegun out of a vending machine, put it in your pocket and carry it with you.

If you are threatening or shooting at anybody else, THEN you should be imprisoned for interfering with their rights, not for the guns you own or carry.

I am in line with the "my rights" stop where "your" rights begin theory (for lack of a better word). I was going to quote that "when everyone has rights .. no one will have any" phrase ... but that sounds like another darned if you do & darned if you don't statement.

I guess the blocking point would be that the "rights" so often talked about these days means more legislative BS and has no real relationship to constitutional anything.

On the UZI though ... I never could come to terms with that particular configuation ... but then I am a Thompson fanatic from way back and lean quite heavily toward the military hardware of old.

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik

I don't remember being asked to vote on anything NRA so I guess I'm not a 10 percent'er. I do well just to read the articles in the magazine that came with the subscription .. and even then the "political" ones don't set well with me. I had enough politic's after 45 years in city service .. I would make a horrendous politico because I have moral obligations and some sort of IQ that keeps me honest. I've had some great bribe offers over the years though, couldn't accept any but it was nice to know they thought I was worth the effort. Had one mention he should have had me killed .. so I know I was doing my job anyways.

I trust you wanted an honest answer .. appoligize for the "more information than you wanted to know" part .. I tend to regress alot.

[B)]

Well..

On the second bit, thats Good to know, Corruption is an insidious thing in all levels of government around these parts.. For every person like yourself there is a houndred without that type of ethical fortitude.
    edited November -1
    The event that started me on this post has progressed to the Governor's desk for her consideration.

Ref: http://www.yumasun.com/news/way-57606-bill-brewers.html

Somewhat of a "hot topic" down here (depending on where you are) and the reader comments are "interesting" ... overwhelmingly positive for the bill, and a couple against.

No where did I see anyone that has brought up the issue from the second amendment point of view, which I might add is a position that I stand with since reviewing the comments on this discussion board.

From that viewpoint it now appears so strange to see others applauding another legislation that sets the stage for further legislative actions pro and con .... on an issue that should never have been an issue to start with. [xx(]

Thanks guys ..... there may be hope for me yet.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The event that started me on this post has progressed to the Governor's desk for her consideration.

Ref: http://www.yumasun.com/news/way-57606-bill-brewers.html

Somewhat of a "hot topic" down here (depending on where you are) and the reader comments are "interesting" ... overwhelmingly positive for the bill, and a couple against.

No where did I see anyone that has brought up the issue from the second amendment point of view, which I might add is a position that I stand with since reviewing the comments on this discussion board.

From that viewpoint it now appears so strange to see others applauding another legislation that sets the stage for further legislative actions pro and con .... on an issue that should never have been an issue to start with. [xx(]

Thanks guys ..... there may be hope for me yet.

There obviously is, fyrfinder, and each individual awakening is important.

Freedom is a spirit and heart thing, not something that is taught in a class and is bestowed upon thee by government. One can only hope that your governor respects you (the citizen) enough to understand the difference between 'right' and 'privilege' and to act accordingly.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NRA represents first the gun manufactures then members...
    Being a 2nd class item in NRA eyes make your call.