In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Apparently the N.R.A is not the only national ....

AdironduckAdironduck Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
organization that fails to represent it's members. It is becoming even more obvious that the NRA is in "immediate need of extensive review":

VFW Leadership at Odds with VFW-PAC
KANSAS CITY , Mo. , Oct. 8, 2010 - The national line officers of Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) are at odds with the VFW Political Action Committee (PAC), calling the methodology process used by the PAC "seriously flawed at best this year and in immediate need of extensive review," in the wake of the recent congressional endorsements made by the committee."Even though the law requires that VFW-PAC be a separate organization, the acronym "VFW" is attached to the committee and the natural assumption is that the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is somehow making the endorsement decisions. Nothing could be further from the truth, but perception is reality," said National Commander Richard Eubank. "Obviously, an organization's political positions have to reflect the opinions of its members. But those opinions can't be perceived as "off the wall," and the methodology used this year to grade candidates obviously is skewed in favor of the incumbent. That isn't fair, and it actually subverts the democratic process." Because of the controversy surrounding the endorsements, VFW line officers have decided to bring the question of continued existence of the PAC to the floor during the 112th VFW national convention in August.

Richard L. Eubank
National Commander
Richard L. DeNoyer
Sr. Vice Commander
John E. Hamilton
Jr. Vice Commander

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is interesting. Not uncommon that the political action committee may run afoul of the leadership team...
    With the foul balls to choose from and veteran affairs all over the map. Its a daunting task to pick representatives who best help vets.
    My prayer is the controversy helps get support for the best leaders in the house and senate for our vets who deserve it.

As to the NRA dont get me started.
  • Options
    AdironduckAdironduck Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to see the N.R.A.'s PAC (NRA-PVF) abolished. It's my belief that the NRA-PVF is actually in direct conflict with the goals of the NRA parent organization. I believe the NRA-PVF is damaging the NRA's ability to defend the Second Amendment.

"As to the NRA dont get me started." [:D]
  • Options
    GatorRangerGatorRanger Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both the NRA and VFW PAC arms have, time and again, failed their members in what can only be considered pure negligence. The NRA has been doing it for years, and the sooner people realize it, the better.

As to the VFW-PAC, they have certainly shown their true colors in the last month or so. Hopefully there will be a big shake-up regarding their leadership.