In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Version of The Second Amendment?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Well you have to start with the young minds first,right?

serf

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/17/this-high-school-is-teaching-kids-a-different-version-of-the-second-amendment/

A Texas high school is using a textbook that changes the wording of the Second Amendment to weaken gun rights.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

But at Guyer High School in Denton, Texas, an Advanced Placement U.S. History textbook has rewritten the Second Amendment as: "The people have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia."

Comments

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 1st amendment has been slightly altered as well.
  • cat66hatcat66hat Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    More info in case anyone would care to contact the publishers of this odious volume:

United States History
    Preparing for the Advanced Placement Examination
    Edition 2, Revised 2010
    ISBN: 978-1-56765-660-2
    By John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
    Published by: AMSCO Publications, Inc.
    315 Hudson Street
    New York, NY 10013-1085
    AMSCO Code: R785P

Terry
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    The original is in such plain and simple language, it's really hard to justify this at any level.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • cat66hatcat66hat Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree that the language is pretty clear. I really don't think misunderstanding is the problem.

Some people simply do not agree that citizens have the right to keep and bear arms. They also do not want immigrate to someplace that takes the arms away. Based on the above observations, it seems to me that these individuals want the public disarmed ONLY when these people are assured that they can be in charge.

Terry
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The fact that this in Texas surprises me. However. Sadly, the fact that it is happening, does not surprise me. Our country is on it's last legs. The Government is buying drones for domestic use. Homeland and FEMA is buying up millions of rounds of ammunition. NSA is spying on it's own citizens. Americans being disarmed more and more everyday. More control being exerted on the populace every year.

Does it really surprise anyone that they have started to re-write our founding documents?