In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

who is voting for anyone but the lefty?

TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
Never mind if you are butt hurt by the treatment of your boy.
Are you voting to beat the left or will you stay home and whine later?

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tflogger

Are you voting to beat the left
    Yes, I will be voting against Trump.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    quote:Originally posted by Tflogger

Are you voting to beat the left
    Yes, I will be voting against Trump.
    As will I. Actually, I will cast my vote FOR a liberty and constitutionally minded candidate, just as I did last presidential election cycle. That obviously is presently exclusive of the current GOP front runner and either of the choices on the Dem ticket, just as it was the last election cycle. Anyone the votes "party" is as much a part of the problem as the party system itself.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are two valid reasons for voting for someone.

1. You support them and their ideals and want them in office.
    2. You oppose someone and don't want them in office.

Obvious, isn't it. But is it not all about degrees?

I support Cruz and his Five Freedoms.

Trump has already built his wall. Now how many at large delegates and those that are only bound for the first ballot will stay with Trumps support of trans gender using which ever bathroom that suites their fancy (so much for non political correct, is this an indication of the type of Judges he would nominate)? Or his support for Planned Parenthood (abortion mill)? Perhaps they won't think tariffs are good for Seniors and fixed income people, you know the Wallmart shoppers.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have to vote against the Democrat. Don't really like the choice but as in most cases I am voting for the lesser of the two evils.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Have to vote against the Democrat. Don't really like the choice but as in most cases I am voting for the lesser of the two evils.
    Yeah, that "lesser evil" strategy has worked soooo well the last few election cycles.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually the worse of the two evils won because not enough people voted for the lessor of the two evils. I didn't vote for the current POS president.
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First I view "whining" as expressing dissatisfaction ,objection or criticism with the person YOU voted for, especially when you should have known better.

OK, I voted for Carter in 76. I felt he was a good person with the best intentions. And I was "whining" when I later complained about the gas lines and 18% mortgage rates. (This was also the only time I ever voted for a Democrat)

Well IF Trump is the nominee AND IF the polls have the race within the margin of error in TEXAS I will vote for Trump. Otherwise I will take a pass on the top slot and only vote the down ballot.