In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ahhh picken...

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
I was nice the first time.[:(][:D]

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Jp and the other regulars here -

while you know I agree with you all, it also took a while for me to come around and figure it out.

A newbie might be (and was) overwhelmed by what we take as granted, that the RTKBA is a non-negiotional birthright that no goverment, local, state, or federal can limit in any way shape or form.

We need to spread the word (Gospel, if you will [;)] ).

patience with newbies might be in our best interests.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I was very patient with my first post, loaf.

When he directly responded to my gentle words and defense of him, with "Are you kidding?" and some other derogatory tripe, I naturally let him have both barrels.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Don't you guys know the sheriff is in charge of handing out Rights[:o)]
    edited November -1
    Hmmm, I just revisited the post to make sure of my claim. Found that "floorguy" cleaned up/out all of his posts. Didn't realize you could do that with a locked post.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    Don't you guys know the sheriff is in charge of handing out Rights[:o)]

Guess we just need a bit more conditioning, but it's likely to require attempted coercion.
  • floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To all involved;

I want to call a Truce.

Hopefully we can look at that whole post as a Baptism by Fire.

I was very "lit up" when I read your comment and others in response to me sharing a victory in a very very Liberal State. It's dam near impossible to get a CCW out here.

I was confused and disappointed with negative/sarcastic responses instead of positive responses followed up with your opinions, even if you guys felt they were soft. I just didn't expect that. If that's the way it is here, so be it. I just found out the hard way.

"Newbie" is just fine with me, no problem. I'm very interested in your opinions/beliefs as long as they start with positve responses.

I hope we can restart this understanding with a mutual respect for one another.

If not, I understand and won't bother trying.

From what I've read, I feel I share the same beliefs as most of you in respect to our right to keep and bear arms among other things written in our Constitution. Even if you may feel that you hold these values more seriously to yourselves, it doesn't always mean they're not as important to me or others new here.

I also recall posting a response to this back in May with no negative responses;

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=435169

Also, I pulled my posts before it was locked (check the times with an administrator/moderator). I did this to help put an end to what I thought was quickly turning into a destructive/useless post. I just didn't see any reason for me to start blasting back and fourth with anyone here anymore. Maybe that was a mistake, maybe not. I felt it was in the best interest of this Forum.

I'll fight side by side with you, but I refuse to fight against you. I don't need to be told what to think or how to think by anybody, and neither do you.

That being said, I want to restate that I hope we can talk to one another with a mutual respect from now on. I'm game if you guys are.

Best Regards,

Floorguy
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Hmmm, I just revisited the post to make sure of my claim. Found that "floorguy" cleaned up/out all of his posts. Didn't realize you could do that with a locked post.

Yup, he cleaned it all out, before I locked it.

He also seems to have taken it well, not tucking tail between his legs and running away, as some have in the past.

floorguy, as you may have noticed, there are some here that are a little more "hard core" and vocal, about our Constitutional rights, than many are used to. Welcome to the forum.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

Yup, he cleaned it all out, before I locked it.

He also seems to have taken it well, not tucking tail between his legs and running away, as some have in the past.

floorguy, as you may have noticed, there are some here that are a little more "hard core" and vocal, about our Constitutional rights, than many are used to. Welcome to the forum.

Thank You, I appreciate your hospitality.
    edited November -1
    Yup floorguy, if you are willing to learn, you are most welcome. Your first lesson is complete. Nice recovery.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, floorguy,

From your post in May:

"After reading this in its entirety, I'm amazed that there are ANY gun laws in ANY states restricting ANY use of ANY guns for ANY Law Abiding/Non Convicted Citizens.

The right to "keep and bear" arms means to "own and carry" arms.

Also, "shall not be infringed" means "shall not be infringed".

There is no gray area here, it is truly black and white.

Yet, somehow over time, these rights have been infringed/eliminated.

I'm enraged at this, yet am powerless to do anything about it."

The tone of your CCW post differed significantly from that expressed in May, and I would guess that had many of the respondents read the May post, they would have better understood your point of view. I am a CCW holder because I am responsible for too much, both in my personal and professional life to spend jail time for exercising what should be, but no longer is, a right.

For many of us, it is necessary that we submit to these types of infringements, as to do otherwise would be irresponsible. Going into the process accepting the fact that it is unconstitutional, as you noted in May, is a price we pay for living in a lawless society. By lawless, I refer to governments that exceed their proscribed limits.

We are not powerless yet, however. There is a growing support and respect for the Constitution in America today. As we educate more and more of our fellow citizens to the excesses of government, we will be positioned to roll back these excesses.

A belated welcome to this forum to you, floorguy. 'Baptism by Fire' does seem appropriate.[:)]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Yup floorguy, if you are willing to learn, you are most welcome. Your first lesson is complete. Nice recovery.

Thanks JpWolf.

This doesn't mean I'm a Jedi-Night yet though, right?[:p]
    edited November -1
    quote:
    The tone of your CCW post differed significantly from that expressed in May, and I would guess that had many of the respondents read the May post, they would have better understood your point of view. I am a CCW holder because I am responsible for too much, both in my personal and professional life to spend jail time for exercising what should be, but no longer is, a right.

For many of us, it is necessary that we submit to these types of infringements, as to do otherwise would be irresponsible. Going into the process accepting the fact that it is unconstitutional, as you noted in May, is a price we pay for living in a lawless society. By lawless, I refer to governments that exceed their proscribed limits.

We are not powerless yet, however. There is a growing support and respect for the Constitution in America today. As we educate more and more of our fellow citizens to the excesses of government, we will be positioned to roll back these excesses.

Don, the tone did sound conforming and wishy washy now that I look back and better understand all of the points of view that were expressed. I did mention "legally carry" in my original post, but that's not to say I wasn't already carrying.

Your explanation/reasons of why you got your CCW are basically the same as mine, just much better explained. The last thing I want to do is lose everything in a Civil Lawsuit (due to me carrying without a CCW) following my use of deadly force on some punk threatening my life on a jobsite after hours.

Although I do have to be thankful I was able to obtain one, I still fully realize I shouldn't have to be. My right to carry concealed or otherwise is truly a God given right.

Thanks for your input.
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by floorguy24
    quote:

Don, the tone did sound conforming and wishy washy now that I look back and better understand all of the points of view that were expressed. I did mention "legally carry" in my original post, but that's not to say I wasn't already carrying.

Your explanation/reasons of why you got your CCW are basically the same as mine, just much better explained. The last thing I want to do is lose everything in a Civil Lawsuit (due to me carrying without a CCW) following my use of deadly force on some punk threatening my life on a jobsite after hours.

Although I do have to be thankful I was able to obtain one, I still fully realize I shouldn't have to be.My right to carry concealed or otherwise is truly a God given right.

Thanks for your input.

Now your gettin it welcome to the forum[;)][;)]
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although I do have to be thankful I was able to obtain one, I still fully realize I shouldn't have to be. My right to carry concealed or otherwise is truly a God given right.

Aye, floorguy.[;)]

Always remember that rights neither come from nor are they granted by government. Also, rights of the people are never 'taken' by government, but are given away.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum, floorguy.

Posting on here after the rough treatment (which this forum, in particular, is legendary for) is a credit to yourself.

Pull up a chair, be ready to learn.....but don't be afraid to teach either.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Aye, floorguy.[;)]

Always remember that rights neither come from nor are they granted by government. Also, rights of the people are never 'taken' by government, but are given away.

+1
    [:)]