In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Changing the law.

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
I have been giving some serious thought to trying to get Washington law changed such that individuals may possess and shoot fully automatic weapons, provided those same individuals are in compliance with the federal mandates.

Thing is, I really don't know how to get this sort of initiative started. I presume that money is involved. I am happy to figure out the fundraising part on my own (would welcome help with that, of course).

For those that are interested, the law as it currently stands in WA allows only those that are grandfathered in, to own the weapons they owned prior to 1994.

Anyone wanting to help, may feel free to post to this thread, or contact me via the forum. All help is welcomed, even if it be only moral support.[:)]
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    So you are saying you want to take a 14th amendment case before the state atty general for an opinion on the Washington State Law ?

Hint, hint.[;)]
    Not my preferred route, no.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my very narrow opinion, they have our rights and WILL NOT give them up. They will only continue to take more. Will take another revolutionary happening (armed rebellion) to change anything. We are ALL sitting on our hands and they know it. We have done nothing! Votes wont matter! Money or guns will be the only thing that will have half a chance of changing anything.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't they just change the law to allow suppressors in that state? You may want to look into how they did that.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IAMAHUSKER
    In my very narrow opinion, they have our rights and WILL NOT give them up. They will only continue to take more. Will take another revolutionary happening (armed rebellion) to change anything. We are ALL sitting on our hands and they know it. We have done nothing! Votes wont matter! Money or guns will be the only thing that will have half a chance of changing anything.
    Or a major world wide catastrophe![;)]
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a host of historical reasons, Some Americans promoted and others were ignorant of the fact that Statists have transformed the government from a federal system, as specified by the Constitution, to a "national" system which was rejected by the delegates to the Constitutional convention and ratifying states. If we truly had the federal system created by the Framers, you might not even have to ask that question. As to how to return to the law? Your suggestion is as good as any I've heard.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IAMAHUSKER
    Money or guns will be the only thing that will have half a chance of changing anything.
    My money's on guns.
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you had any ideas since this was posted?

Just curious.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    Have you had any ideas since this was posted?

Just curious.
    Not any related to it. I've gotten exactly zero support, so figure I am mostly alone in a fight I would need tons of support to win.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I saw this post. Asked whats up, got an answer. Now I feel sorry that on a forum for gun folks that ZERO help was given or offered.

Mr Perfect, if you foot the bill and do all the work then when this got close to a court date you would have all sorts of folks piling on so they could claim they helped.

Sad times we live in thats for sure.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Well, if I can help in any way, let me know what I can do. Let me advise you though, you(we?) have your work cut out for you in this liberal and jackboot infested sumbichin place.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    Well, if I can help in any way, let me know that I can do. Let me advise you though, you(we?) have your work cut out for you in this liberal and jackboot infested sumbichin place.
    I think I am going to try to get in touch with Tim Eyman.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    I think I am going to try to get in touch with Tim Eyman.
    Yeah, that might be a place to start. We need to get constitutional carry in this state too.