In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

California Gun Laws.

45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
New laws are coming for the state of California. Very restrictive and punitive gun laws. One that just passed and is waiting for "Moonbeam" to sign outlaws ALL center fire rifles with a removable magazine. I am a Federal LEO. To say the least, I am conflicted. I have heard of no grand-fathering or exceptions. I don't know what to do.

I am so angry with our Government. Both Federal and State. The founders of this country would be equally ashamed and angry of what their country has become. What is to become of this nation?

Currently, our Government is considering backing our enemies. And not just ANY enemy, but the supporters of the very group that murdered over 3000 of our citizens. At the same time they seek to restrict our liberty and freedom even more. How did we get to this place?

Comments

• Options
    CurioCollectorCurioCollector Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    New laws are coming for the state of California. Very restrictive and punitive gun laws. One that just passed and is waiting for "Moonbeam" to sign outlaws ALL center fire rifles with a removable magazine. I am a Federal LEO. To say the least, I am conflicted. I have heard of no grand-fathering or exceptions. I don't know what to do.

I am so angry with our Government. Both Federal and State. The founders of this country would be equally ashamed and angry of what their country has become. What is to become of this nation?

Currently, our Government is considering backing our enemies. And not just ANY enemy, but the supporters of the very group that murdered over 3000 of our citizens. At the same time they seek to restrict our liberty and freedom even more. How did we get to this place?

This is how...

presidentobama600.jpg

And you're right it's NOT just CA. Many states are now trying to follow suit. It will never end. We have to stick together as ONE entity or we will all crumble bit by bit. Thumbing our nose at the states that have more restrictions helps absolutely nothing (except the anti's who reside there and make these asinine laws). Those who bash CA and other more restrictive states are not immune to anything. Other states will try (and are) following CA, NY, NJ, CT DC..etc etc. Preserving and fighting for 2A rights doesn't stop and one's door step just because the laws haven't hit them.....yet. Fighting for and Preserving our RKBA is nation wide.
  • Options
    torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    You're both right, thankfully the governor of Nevada vetoed a major gun control bill earlier this year. The main reason he did was the overwhelming number of calls and emails against the bill.

Unfortunately I don't think moonbeam will pay any attention to pro gun people in california.

We all have to help gun owners in all states. The anti gun crowd knows all they have to do is pick us off one state at a time.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sadly I believe your right. Moonbeam will do exactly what he wants. And what he wants is to make California citizens defenseless.
  • Options
    torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    The thing is he doesn't even have to sign any of the bills. After a certain date, not sure what it is, they become law. Not like other states where a bill dies by not being signed.