In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

In case you NRA members didn't know

DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
This survey by Frank Lutz indicates that you want to close the gun show loophole. It clearly states that you want to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment. It clearly shows that 85% of NRA member do not support the RKBA.

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/downloads/pdf/luntz_poll_slides.pdf

If you go to the http://www.closetheloophole.org/

website....it will let you NRA members know what you condone and desire.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Putz is just a Scumberg paid puppet [B)]
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You should have lunch with GB member T R Fox. I am sure that it would be an entertaining afternoon!
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to close the BATF loophole!
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally, I don't believe anything that mayorsagainstguns posts or broadcasts. They are just a bunch of lying antigun politicians that make up any data they want to suit their cause. Any gun person that relies on them for data is seriously lacking in judgement. [xx(]
    It's like getting your news by subscribing to the Weekly World News. [:D]
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DirtyDawg
    This survey by Frank Lutz indicates that you want to close the gun show loophole. It clearly states that you want to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment. It clearly shows that 85% of NRA member do not support the RKBA.

First it does NOT clearly state that. Its word games. Dont think so? Then go back and re read the last part.

"it's not what you say it's what people hear"

AND

"The word doctors"
  • topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I know my reading skills may not be the best in the world, but
    what I read said ( 85% of GUN OWNERS ) wanted to close the loop hole.
    on which I would call BS!!, but then you add your spin and change
    gun owners to NRA members, and it's double BS.
    By the way, are you a demecrat ?
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frank Lutz is IMHO...a *..and even worse..a * with a bad hairpiece.
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    Frank Lutz is IMHO...a *..and even worse..a * with a bad hairpiece.

Yea, I don't G.A.F. what he thinks, or says.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA is Gay!
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    So an anti gunner says that the NRA and its members support him and you believe him? I'm not sure who is the bigger idiot.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it shows that 85% of NON-NRA gun owners support closing the "loophole"

NRA members checked in at 69%
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It appears that the anti-NRA crowd is almost as delusional as the anti-gun crowd -- and in being so, the anti-NRAers actually boost the anti-gunners. If that's not ironic, I don't know what is.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
    edited November -1
    Seeing this stuff is funny as hell, to me.[:)]

Data was compiled via a survey/poll that asks specifics about a variety of Fed-Gov infringements of a citizens RKBA.

NRA members support this variety of Fed-Gov infringements in very large numbers, in direct contradiction to Amendment II's clear text.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Now certain focus is on the pollster (who by the way is a staunch 'NeoCon patriot' and frequent explainer of 'truth, justice and the new american way' on O'Snarley-Hannibaugh) as the bearer of false news.

Well, take his survey/poll and compare and contrast it with clear historical postings over the years of the GB Forum members and self-identified NRA Members here.

You will see that most NRA members here and everywhere, are in direct support of a plethora of laws, regulations, controls, prohibitions and other infringements of the RKBA. Period.

No surprise. No falsity in that simple fact being laid out.

Face it, most citizens, including those who are NRA members, simple do not believe in the Constitution and BOR as written and they certainly do not believe that the Fed-Gov should be bound to securing the individual liberties enshrined in the BOR and those liberties which exist outside of that BOR.

Hell, most of those posting and reading this fit that bill to perfection, to whatever degree.

Live it...love it...it is exactly what many of you believe and advocate, when all the blustering, side-stepping, shucking & jiving, rationalizing & justifying are stripped away.

Reality sucks, huh?[;)]
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    It appears that the anti-NRA crowd is almost as delusional as the anti-gun crowd -- and in being so, the anti-NRAers actually boost the anti-gunners. If that's not ironic, I don't know what is.

Yep.. The Brady Bunch love NRA bashers...
    edited November -1
    Please point to any of the 'issues/topics' that were raised in the survey where you find the trend/beliefs/percentages to be inaccurate.

I see you emoting, but nothing else.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hangfire

Yep.. The Brady Bunch love NRA bashers...
    Please point to any of the 'issues/topics' that were raised in the survey where you find the trend/beliefs/percentages to be inaccurate.

I see you emoting, but nothing else.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    NRA...national registry of arms...you better darn well believe it[;)]
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least they can no longer claim ignorance for their traitor activities[}:)]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love the NRA,......due to them, once again I am being threatened with non-renewal of my membership to the range I have belonged to for years.

Went through this before, and the current Treasurer took care of it.
    He is gone now, and the new one insists on 100% membership of the primary members. Before they accepted GOA, but not this guy.

Still going around with them, but regardless of what happens I will NOT join the NRA again. The bummer is I will not be able to shoot anywhere near as much as I have in the past.[xx(]

Sorry for going off topic.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrseatle
    At least they can no longer claim ignorance for their traitor activities[}:)]

Sure they can. They've been doing so for decades and decades and our many of own members continue to do so, right here on the forums.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I love the NRA,......due to them, once again I am being threatened with non-renewal of my membership to the range I have belonged to for years.

He is gone now, and the new one insists on 100% membership of the primary members. Before they accepted GOA, but not this guy.

Still going around with them, but regardless of what happens I will NOT join the NRA again. The bummer is I will not be able to shoot anywhere near as much as I have in the past.[xx(]

Not off topic, Mark.

It is merely an exemplar of one of the many tentacles of the quisling-leviathan.

I am not in a situation where I have to make such a choice, but it is easy for me to say that if a range mandated NRA Membership to belong, they could kiss ol' El-Tee's hairy *.[:)]
    edited November -1
    I'm not going to get into a stupid argument about the NRA or the 2nd Amendment.

The ONLY point I raised is that people who are foam-at-the-mouth rabidly against something are easily deluded by any claim or supposed fact that supports their viewpoint - however irrational, illogical or mendacious it is. BOTH anti-NRA and anti-gun forces meet that description.

As pointed out, anti-gun people absolutely LOVE anti-NRA people. And YOU cannot refute THAT.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I think that most citizens are oblivious to what what is written in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, and believe them to mean whatever the smiling face on television (or on the editorial page of the "American Rifleman") of the moment tells them that they mean.

I've lately noticed that there is a new argument around here - that there's more than one way to "interpret" the documents. Even though the Founders spent twelve years hashing out each word so that there would be no confusion, I believe that's what all the blustering, side-stepping, shucking & jiving, rationalizing & justifying is all about.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

Not off topic, Mark.

It is merely an exemplar of one of the many tentacles of the quisling-leviathan.

I am not in a situation where I have to make such a choice, but it is easy for me to say that if a range mandated NRA Membership to belong, they could kiss ol' El-Tee's hairy *.[:)]

Funny thing is they are promising money of some sort to the range,.....they did this before, and to date I have not been able to find ANY evidence of funding from the NRA to this range.

Last time around I had a few members that stood with me. One is gone, and the others caved, so I am totally alone this time.

The old President, and Treasurer do not want me to go, but the new officers are NRA rear end lickers big time it appears. The new guy told me to get a discount membership through the club.

Like talking to a brick wall basically.
    I said it has nothing to do with money,....it has to do with principle on my part. I guess he doesn't understand that belief system.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    I'm not going to get into a stupid argument about the NRA or the 2nd Amendment.

The ONLY point I raised is that people who are foam-at-the-mouth rabidly against something are easily deluded by any claim or supposed fact that supports their viewpoint - however irrational, illogical or mendacious it is. BOTH anti-NRA and anti-gun forces meet that description.

As pointed out, anti-gun people absolutely LOVE anti-NRA people. And YOU cannot refute THAT.
    Of course you aren't going to enter into an argument about the NRA and Amendment II, since taking the NRA position makes such an argument in support of Amendment II indefensible.

Of course, neither do I see such arguments or discussion related to fundamental liberties and restraining government, as 'stupid'.

Rather, I see them as critically necessary if we are to survive as a free-republic and a free-people. Crazy old El-Tee.

I do refute that anti-gun people love anti-NRA people. They may love that particular 'position', but anti-NRA people are staunch constitutionalists and staunch defenders of individual liberty and I assure you, anti-gun people do NOT love or support that.

Therefore, your 'point' is massively flawed.

Being 'rabid' in the defense of fundamental individual liberty and the Constitution is not something that I would ever choose to attempt a denigration of or to a parallel with anti-liberty/anti-Constitution folks, personally.

One cannot be a 'little bit' for liberty and the Constitution.

Much like pregnancy, you either are, or you are not. Most in the NRA are not. Period.

It really is as simple as that.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NRA has its warts...

But it still is the best political tool we have to fight the powers that be against the 2nd amendment.
    edited November -1
    What the Brady Bunch loves, lt496, is to be able to say "Even X% of gun owners agree that the NRA is wrong about the Second Amendment!"

That is exactly what they say. They do NOT mean that the NRA isn't protecting it enough, but the opposite. You are leaping headfirst into their propanganda mixmaster. And they love you for it.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    The NRA has wasted $millions sending out surveys to its members, about getting their position on gun gontrol. WTH does the NRA[8] think we were paying our dues for?
    edited November -1
    I get sick of this topic. It comes up every few days and goes nowhere and changes no minds.

I wish it was treated like religious topics
    edited November -1
    What the Brady Bunch loves, lt496, is to be able to say "Even X% of gun owners agree that the NRA is wrong about the Second Amendment!"

That is exactly what they say. They do NOT mean that the NRA isn't protecting it enough, but the opposite. You are leaping headfirst into their propanganda mixmaster. And they love you for it.
    Good on them, then. I could give a rats-* what the anti-gun/anti-liberty crowd claims or believes.

All I need to know is that they exist as an absolute enemy of the things that this nation was founded upon and the represent a clear-enemy of fundamental liberty and present a voice of statism/collectivism that is destroying us.

It is utterly meaningless in the cause of liberty and limiting government whether any anti-gun or 'Brady-people' believe or say this...utterly.

Such collectivist-gerbils ALWAYS mutter and claim all kinds of things that are meaningless.

What IS of importance, is in keeping focus on the real issue, that being, that we continue to allow our government to erode and at times, outright abrogate, fundamental liberties, even those enumerated in the BOR.

Factually, most NRA members are either stupid, ignorant or willful and useful idiots in their positions and support. The NRA exists to erode the fundamental RKBA and to replace it with their belief in the government-granted 'privilege' of 'gun-ownership', which is to be monitored, controlled, regulated and overseen by government.

Indisputable fact.

I will remain focused and yes, even'rabid', in trying to drag the NRA-drones to having to face their own beliefs and the beliefs and goals of their vaunted NRA.

That is all.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by legear
    I get sick of this topic. It comes up every few days and goes nowhere and changes no minds.

I bet you do.

NRA member or supporter, are you? Or do you merely believe that some 'common-sense' gun-control is okay?
    edited November -1
    One can just as validly say that those who help the forces who pass unConstitutional laws are the useful idiots. Anti-NRA types might be unwilling helpers of the Brady Bunch, but you certainly do help them.

Those laws you hate? They're more than a little your fault.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by legear

I bet you do.

NRA member or supporter, are you? Or do you merely believe that some 'common-sense' gun-control is okay?

My post has nothing to do with me being in the NRA or not, Im saying this topics comes up every few days with the same trolls showing how they hate NRA.

This NRA hate looks like the occupy tards that just want something to be * about.

We get it! You dont like them.
    Go start your own group.
    edited November -1
    So apparently lt believes anti gunners. Like I said, I'm not sure who the bigger idiot is.

I could post something saying that I took a poll and 85% of gunbroker forum members believe me. I could even show the poll if I wanted to. Doesn't mean that it's accurate or true.

Personally, I don't participate in any polls. I'm sure that many that do, participate many times as well. And (this is going to be a shocker lt) they probably don't all tell the truth. There could be gun hating PETA lovers participating in the poll that claim to be NRA members just to boost the numbers.

Remember, this is the internet; nobody tells the truth.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1

I agree what they are doing to you is wrong, BUT it is a private club is it not???
    They have the right to set the qualifications to join/belong do they not? Do you believe in their right to do so?[?]
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan
    So apparently lt believes anti gunners. Like I said, I'm not sure who the bigger idiot is.

I could post something saying that I took a poll and 85% of gunbroker forum members believe me. I could even show the poll if I wanted to. Doesn't mean that it's accurate or true.

Personally, I don't participate in any polls. I'm sure that many that do, participate many times as well. And (this is going to be a shocker lt) they probably don't all tell the truth. There could be gun hating PETA lovers participating in the poll that claim to be NRA members just to boost the numbers.

Wrong, you just did tell the truth. I guess that proves you wrong! Well it can't do that or you did not tell the truth! [;)][}:)]
    edited November -1

I simply know for a flat-fact that many, if not most, NRA members support various forms of Anti-Amendment II gun-control/infringement...just like you, for example.

Tough pill to swallow, it seems.
    edited November -1

I simply know for a flat-fact that many, if not most, NRA members support various forms of Anti-Amendment II gun-control/infringement...just like you, for example.

And there are a lot more NON NRA members that believe in gun control. The fact still remains that you believe what the anti gunner is telling you about who supports him.

And just so you can be even more pissed off and think I'm solely responsible for the destruction of the nation, I believe that some reasonable gun control laws are necessary until we get our justice system fixed.

Go ahead. Get your flame on. If you keep bringing this up, you may accidentally stumble on an intelligent point. But I won't hold my breath for that day.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1

And there are a lot more NON NRA members that believe in gun control. The fact still remains that you believe what the anti gunner is telling you about who supports him.

And just so you can be even more pissed off and think I'm solely responsible for the destruction of the nation, I believe that some reasonable gun control laws are necessary until we get our justice system fixed.

Go ahead. Get your flame on. If you keep bringing this up, you may accidentally stumble on an intelligent point. But I won't hold my breath for that day.
    Charles Schumer feels the same way. It is the mindset that will cost us our republic.