In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

new York gun show elimination law

silent-anarchysilent-anarchy Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
I just read this on the neaca website, apparently NY gunshows will soon be illegal. http://www.neaca.com/Current_NEACA_Member_Letter.html .

Comments

• andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mixed sympathy for New Yorkers and Californians. You are the ones who keep reelecting your d-bags.
    It's too bad the sane minority in those states keep getting Rogered by the insane majority. [xx(] But, taking a look at voter turn out percentages, there is little excuse. If the progun folks would get off their collective dead azzes and all show up to vote, they could outnumber the idiots. Apathy can be deadly to your rights.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At some point Folks are going to have to stand up, shoulder to shoulder and proclaim. WE WILL NOT COMPLY.
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    Mixed sympathy for New Yorkers and Californians. You are the ones who keep reelecting your d-bags.
    It's too bad the sane minority in those states keep getting Rogered by the insane majority. [xx(] But, taking a look at voter turn out percentages, there is little excuse. If the progun folks would get off their collective dead azzes and all show up to vote, they could outnumber the idiots. Apathy can be deadly to your rights.
    +1
    edited November -1
    It seems most of our elections are in the 10% - 15% (if THAT) range for general turn out. If you guys in those lefty states would get yourselves organized and agree to ALL show up, your numbers would swamp the 10% - 15% lefties. Get the word out, encourage each other to go, offer rides to the polls, charter vans and buses, whatever. Just get down there and overwhelm the jerks. [:(!]
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are SO full of crap. You have no idea what it is like to live in one of those states. About the ONLY thing you can do is MOVE, because you can NOT out-vote the majority of the population who are idiots!
    You make it sound so simple......it isn't.

I voted with my feet, and got the hell OUT of CA. It is a lost cause.

Merc

• wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    We can't and probably won't unite on a damn thing until it's too late. We have sat back and allowed the bs politicians to wittle away and erode our freedoms on every front. Gun control, sale of alcohol, taxes, unconstitutional laws, hell, the list goes on and on and yet we sit back and think it won't happen here while it's taking place before our very eyes. If we, as decent, hard working, gun owning, tax paying, red blooded Americans would stand up and unite for a common cause, there is nothing, and I mean nothing we couldn't change, over-rule, vote out or vote in.

But, it ain't gonna happen.[V]
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The sad fact is, we are outnumbered by people on the government teat and other koolaid drinkers. We have more land, they have more votes.
    When my wife retires, we are out of here.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wartiger
    We can't and probably won't unite on a damn thing until it's too late. We have sat back and allowed the bs politicians to wittle away and erode our freedoms on every front. Gun control, sale of alcohol, taxes, unconstitutional laws, hell, the list goes on and on and yet we sit back and think it won't happen here while it's taking place before our very eyes. If we, as decent, hard working, gun owning, tax paying, red blooded Americans would stand up and unite for a common cause, there is nothing, and I mean nothing we couldn't change, over-rule, vote out or vote in.

But, it ain't gonna happen.[V]

It was only 3% the first time. Don't forget, there were a lot of "Americans" that sympathized with the British during the Revolutionary War, especially in the beginning.
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    You are SO full of crap. You have no idea what it is like to live in one of those states. About the ONLY thing you can do is MOVE, because you can NOT out-vote the majority of the population who are idiots!
    You make it sound so simple......it isn't.

I voted with my feet, and got the hell OUT of CA. It is a lost cause.

Merc
    Originally posted by andrewsw16

In New York, the MAJORITY are leftists. The population base is in the larger minority filled cities and down state (including Long Island). Conservatives live more rural and in the suburbs. We are grossly out numbered. My wife and I will be moving to a "Red" state once my 11 year old son finishes High School.
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    JNR You Have No Idea. Syracuse Show At the NY State Fair Grounds
    Last Weekend 1 Hour + to get in the Door 2 lines each 2 Abreast For Blocks Standing Room Only In The Building With the Majority Being younger Folks ,,,, Many many Many Women / Young Ladies Buying pistols And ARs.
    And Yes there Were Some older Folks there Also But I'm Glad they Were
    To Many of the Young Folks Discount the Older Folks
    Mistake,,,,,, Old people Don't Fist Fight.......

To Many of You Think NY is ONLY NY City It Is Not ,,, beleive Me.
    And Not all Vote For the Peoples in Power Here
    Just Like Not All of You Voted For the Potus We Have But We Don't Blame Everyone else, they Get What they Want its Not Our Decision
    to Make Anymore ...........

quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    I wonder what a New York gun show looks like?

A room with 50 empty tables and 38 balding fat men with nothing better to do than sit around and tell ida done stories?
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    Dam! you rarely fail to hit the nail squarely on the head!

quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    Last Weekend 1 Hour + to get in the Door 2 lines each 2 Abreast For Blocks Standing Room Only In The Building With the Majority Being younger Folks ,,,, Many many Many Women / Young Ladies Buying pistols And ARs.

Just Like Not All of You Voted For the Potus We Have But We Don't Blame Everyone else, they Get What they Want its Not Our Decision

A room with 50 empty tables and 38 balding fat men with nothing better to do than sit around and tell ida done stories?
  • silent-anarchysilent-anarchy Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunatly even here on gunbroker too many dealers are extremly ignorant of ny gun laws and group the whole state into nyc laws by even refusing to sell legal prebans mags to upstate ny. Some of the dealers i ask why respond very rudly but its there lose.
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing
    [br

My wife and I will be moving to a "Red" state once my 11 year old son finishes High School.

Seven years? You may not have that long.
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been to gun shows in NY they are well attended and sell interesting stuff! Take a magnet and buy light AP and tracer for American and foreign calibers.
    To solve NY's problems I have a solution. The rest of NY needs to divorce themselves from NY City. Then make new laws that serve to protect their 2nd ammendment rights. If all the tax money that goes to Albany stayed where it was raised, NYC would die on the vine. Laws should not be made to force the majority of the population to serve a huge dirty city instead of an otherwise beautiful state.
    Californians should try that on for size. A few years ago there was talk of making a North and South California. If you live 2 miles from Oregan why does your tax money go to Sacramento? In each state the rural people get very little of their tax money back after going to the state capital.
    edited November -1
    To the defeatists who won't even try, SHAME ON YOU. The point of my earlier posting was that if ALL of YOU show up, you will probably outnumber the 10% of the lefties who show up. The problem is apathy and defeatism among the gun owners. If you won't fight back, you deserve the results.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Can't believe I missed this....He couldn't be farther from the truth.

Another one that hears "New York" and only thinks about that downstate cesspool that we are loosely associated with.

Here is my NY....

0012.jpg

008.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

nv27_0052.jpg

Meandmybear.jpg
  • MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

Can't believe I missed this....He couldn't be farther from the truth.

Another one that hears "New York" and only thinks about that downstate cesspool that we are loosely associated with.

I haven't been on this forum for a long time but this topic stirred me... I live in South Jersey which is much like upstate NY, rural, open with great hunting in the Pine Barrens and on farms. We have restrictive gun laws imposed by North Eastern (read NYC area liberals). There are movements however, in the legislature to repeal some of the more onerous laws and open up concealed carry.

I took a beating from some former members of this forum for sticking up for a state that has been (in some cases rightly) maligned. Outside of an area along the Turnpike New Jersey and some cesspool urban areas like Newark and Camden, New Jersey is rural with farming in the south and mountains and forests in the northwest.
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a VAST difference between the more urban areas of NY and the rural areas. Most cities here are dyed in the wool blue as blue can be, but the upstate is mostly red, but since we lack the population density of the cities we get screwed. I'll take my upstate farm country, and we can cut of the five bouroughs and the island and send them on their way as far as I'm concerned. Then when these citiots (city idiots) that come up here and run roughshod over us during hunting season and act like (well I think the term says it all)can pay through the nose for non-resident licences, maybe that will keep some of them where they belong.........

I should stop now, I can rant about the negative aspects of this all day [:D]
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The little show at Alexander NY had over 50 tables and 200+ people at any time.
    Lots of firearms and almost no flea-market junk.
    NY state has plenty of freedom loving people, problem is there's even more entitlement minded fools that vote.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    At some point Folks are going to have to stand up, shoulder to shoulder and proclaim. WE WILL NOT COMPLY.
    AMEN to that.[8D] But it must be a united "WE WILL NOT COMPLY" or you will be squashed like a bug!!![:(!]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    AMEN to that.[8D] But it must be a united "WE WILL NOT COMPLY" or you will be squashed like a bug!!![:(!]

United in what, Jim?

Support for nuanced Federal and Local control?

Or, support for a clear and concise message?

One actually means something, and the other can never unite.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To the defeatists who won't even try, SHAME ON YOU. The point of my earlier posting was that if ALL of YOU show up, you will probably outnumber the 10% of the lefties who show up. The problem is apathy and defeatism among the gun owners. If you won't fight back, you deserve the results.

I tried to change minds in CA. Lost cause. I moved like the other member, voted with my feet. Nation wide why do you think they keep importing immigrants? It keeps Americans from Uniting.
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by JnRockwall

[/quote
    How about 10,000 people on a Sat in Rodchester with over 500 tables this is just one of many gun show in NY
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please share this with all of the people you care about.

If you all think this can't happen in the US of A you better think again .
    We are about to see a stolen election and civil unrest in this country .
    They are ready for it to happen right on our soil .
    We the people need to put the UN in any other country but ours .
    See it believe it , it is happening as you read this .

http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/video/video/show?id=2734278:Video:382939&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_video

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.