In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Concealed carry temporarily suspended?

BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
This seems a little odd but I thought you guys would have an opinion...I probably share it too!

http://rt.com/usa/news/tampa-rnc-concealed-gun-173

Comments

• Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    poop for brains
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My thought was, if they could suspend it "temporarily", then that is just the first step to a longer term attempt.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BikerBob
    This seems a little odd but I thought you guys would have an opinion...I probably share it too!

http://rt.com/usa/news/tampa-rnc-concealed-gun-173

They will keep taking until there is nothing left to take. In the article the Tampa council references the RNC in St Paul MN as being marred by riots and mass destruction. I was there in the streets at that convention and I can tell you the biggest thing they had to squawk about was a handful of anarchists who were behaving like anarchists. The only reason they got any press coverage at all was that saved the press from covering the peaceful anti war protests of about 20,000 non-violent protesters.

The worst crimes committed at the St Paul RNC were by the JBT's in full body armor and secret service goons abusing the press. In Tampa, now that 347 has passed, protesters will be guilty of felonies for exercising their God given rights. I never understood how decent Germans ever let themselves be a part of Hitler's Germany. Now I see that slide into tyranny here. God help us.
  • Options
    topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    criminals carry concealed without permit, so it would not stop them.
    law abiding citizens who have had background checks, and been fingerprinted have concealed carry permits, why do they fear law
    abiding citizens ? It seems to me that if they were to focus on
    the criminals, and not the law abiding citizen, they would be more
    productive in stoping crime.
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about the RNC makes it clear that if the Gov temporarily suspends concealed carry simply for this convention, they would move their convention to another state.

In todays economy there are plenty of states who would welcome the potential income.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's the problem with government given rights. The government giveth and the government taketh away.

It really doesn't matter whether the Governor issues the order or not. Everybody has accepted his authority to give the order. The Second Amendment is dead in Florida.

The First Amendment died when the Supreme Court decide it is constitutional to "limit" the First Amendment to "Free Speech Zones".

The framework is there to kill both Amendments at will. Just a matter of where and when.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by topdad
    why do they fear law
    abiding citizens ?

They know that law abiding citizens have had enough and are p*^%$d off.