In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

permit to carry question

buck100buck100 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hello,

I have a permit to carry, and I recently was pulled over for speeding, with my gun in the center console of my truck.

I told the officer that I have a permit and that I do have a gun, but not on my person.

Anyway, I had a couple drinks with dinner, and I told him that. He had me step out and do a breathalizer, he said if I am under the legal limit, it will all be over. I blew...next thing you kow I have 4 squads there and left standing ther not knowing wht was going on.

After over 25 minutes, he approached my and said he was going to hold my gun and give me a citation for being .059, but the law states you cannot be over a .04 in a public place.

Looking closer at my book I got from Ramsey County, it states cannt not be intoxicated in a public place. My truck is not a public place.

I went online to pull up the statute that he put on my citation, and it is for Metal Penatrating Bullets. It took me over an hour to finaly find anything that mentions being over .04, and then it still states in a public place.

Can someone PLEASE define this for me? I have a hearing in July, and I really do not a gun violation on my record, that I do not believe I deserve. I am a woman, and I carry it for protection.

Thank you!!

Monica

Comments

• buck100buck100 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know how long you have to turn in your certificate for a permit to carry after taking the class in Minnesota. Or do I have to take the class again, it's only been about a year and I know the permit is good for 5 years.
    Thanks
  • bullride8bullride8 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are talking about the completion certificate for the CCW course that you're required to take to your local law enforcement agency to send off to the State Attorney Generals office.

It could vary by county but the training certificate has to have been within the last 12 months of application for the CCW.

Your best bet is to contact your local county sherrif's office or the course instructor and ask them how long the training certificate is good for.
  • twototootwototoo Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you should do it immediately
  • buck100buck100 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys, I was kinda thinking it wouldn't be good for any longer than a year.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Why would you want to drag your feet on this?