In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

218 BEE

Does anyone have any good loads for the 218 Bee with a 45 gr. gc cast bullet other than the ones listed in the Lyman Cast Bullet Manual?

Thanks

Comments

• 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    I have some in a Lyman Reloading manual...may be the same ones. First one is with red dot then 700X and third was green dot.
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be nice to know if anyone has worked up any loads using Lil-Gun. It's great in the Hornet; superb accuracy, high velocity, low pressure. Hard combo to beat.
  • DIESEL TECHDIESEL TECH Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used Lil Gun with the 35 V-Max, velocity is 3200 fps and the groups average .75" at 100's.

Due to the rising cost of components I have started working with bullets that I have cast. I am just too cheap/pissed off to pay 2 1/2 times what I paid for the same components last year. Just like fuel prices. Pure greed on the part of big business.

I live in Missouri and we have numerous lead mines but the last bag of shot I purchased was made in South America and it cost $32.00.

If the $32.00 I paid went towards American salaries it would'nt bother me as much. But you know the "Miners" were not paid what we consider a fair wage in this country.

I will get off of my soap box, for now.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow cheapest bag of shot here in Mesa, Az. I have is $48 a bag for members of trap club, Bass Pro is $65. I sure like my cast bullets, last box of Hor 44's were $22/100.
  • DIESEL TECHDIESEL TECH Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought the last bag of shot last summer. I don't know what it is currently selling for. It's going to be cheaper to shoot steel shot at claybirds if lead keeps going up.