In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A few pics of the load room (almost done)

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
Spent a few days re-arranging the load room and installing a new 6' section of bench with storage to clean it up a bit.

This is the majority of the new "loading" space.

100_0410.jpg

one of the storage shelves. Off to the right you can start to see the 5' "cleaning" table with storage at the other end.

100_0411.jpg

I'm almost finished arranging it all,..but I did get that much done this weekend.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
Got Balistics?

Comments

• ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty sweet set up Justin.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks good! Granit table top?
    My new spot is still under construction.

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    When will you be at my house?

:)
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    frankF,yeah riiiiight, granite LOFL. That's a 6' peice of sales counter from one of the stores that had to be cut when we renovated it a few months back. Aaaaand since that was no longer needed in the store.....[;)]

here is another view of the convolution...

100_0414.jpg]

dcloco, when ya want to get started? I can spend YOUR money like nobody's business[:D] Man I can have you set right up[;)] Momma ain't gonna let me have more than this room right now, and with the safe and cleaning bench also in the room, I'm all out of room for the window into the firing tunnel.[V]
    Got Balistics?
    edited November -1
    Note to self, stay single....[:D]
    edited November -1
    note to CF,..read your notes to self[:D]

Got Balistics?
    edited November -1
    HA! I will make sure I read those notes each morning before I start my day. [:D]
    edited November -1
    This game ain't ever gonna get cheaper, and something will eventually have to give unless you can keep your income in step with your habit[;)][:D] It does make me work harder though[:)]

Got Balistics?
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    frankF,yeah riiiiight, granite LOFL. That's a 6' peice of sales counter from one of the stores that had to be cut when we renovated it a few months back. Aaaaand since that was no longer needed in the store.....[;)]

here is another view of the convolution...

100_0414.jpg]

dcloco, when ya want to get started? I can spend YOUR money like nobody's business[:D] Man I can have you set right up[;)] Momma ain't gonna let me have more than this room right now, and with the safe and cleaning bench also in the room, I'm all out of room for the window into the firing tunnel.[V]
    Got Balistics?

I had to ask- a Nice slab of granite would be way cool! Out by my old shop we have some guys that make granite counter tops. The stuff they throw away is amazing. I am just waiting for the right size reject for a small price. [:D]

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif
    edited November -1
    yeah well when they 86 three or four peices let me know, I'll even pay shipping[;)]

Ran the 6.5x55AI ladder yesterday under overcast skies and very light winds. She shot WELL[:D]

Got Balistics?
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, do we get to see the target?
    edited November -1
    nononsense, I'll post the ladder pics tonight. I found the low end harmonic at ~2900fps, but have not gotten to the high end harmonic yet. It was starting to come back together over the last 3 charge ranges, but I didn't have them loaded far enough up the ladder to find that second one. I am thinking it will be right at the high 2900's-3000fps. That I will take and run with it,..no need to find one any higher. The a-max is working well in this barrel too.

what was the charge range of rl22 we had discussed from your data? I beleive it was into the low 50's right?

pics to follow.

Got Balistics?
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JustC,

That's good, the low end node should be somewhere around 2850/2875 fps. with the AMAX. I know there are a couple lower than that but they don't do us any good. The higher end node should come in around 3000/3050 fps. and most have been aiming for 2975 fps. to leave a tiny bit of breathing space. I would shoot for a consistant velocity that maintains a consistant ES with the accuracy that you're looking for at the distance you want to shoot. I know that you know this but I'll repeat it for other posters. There isn't a magic set of numbers and the lowest ES doesn't guarantee the best accuracy. If what you end up with doesn't match what the other shooters come up with, don't worry about it, just shoot small groups and enjoy!

One of the new barrels is shooting great at about 3,000 fps. consistantly and isn't showing any undue signs of pressure. This is the standard 6.5x55 Swede and the lighter bullet.

The water capacity of the 6.5x55AI should be somewhere around 61-62 grains to the top of the case so with the 140's, your Re-22 and a modern pressure ceiling it seems that you should max out in the very lower 50's. My notes indicate that I stopped at 51.0 because it was shooting real good. But go slow and see what your system says.

I was teasing about the photos, just giving you a hard time. But I think that a photo of the ladder method target and discussion about how to do all of this can make a big difference for all of the people that want to try something like this.

Best.
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Nice looking reloading place, Now that you know how. would you come up here and straighten up my big mess[:0][:0][:0]
    Mine used to look that good untill I used it the first time.[^]