In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Service rifle shoots.

helimanheliman Member Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
I have an 03-A3 and would like to participate in service rifle shoots. Trouble is I don't know of any of these competitions in my area. I live in Southwest Washington state. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks!

Comments

• PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the best ways to find out about shooting competitions is to join your state NRA Association. They try to keep up with the state gun clubs that hold regular shoots. Also the CMP has a newsletter that will list the upcoming shoots for clubs that keep them posted. You might also try some of the local gun stores, it would be in their best interest to keep up with the shooting schedules of the local clubs. Gun stores in our area used to have bulletin boards that the local clubs updated regularly with their matches. Wal-Mart has put most of these local gun shops out of business and Wally world sure doesn't know or care about competitions. My experience anyway.
  • helimanheliman Member Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been an NRA member for years and check for shoots with them and get the CMP newsletter. I even belong to a local gun club. There doesn't seem to be much opportunity around here. I guess sometimes you have to lead the way in stimulating something like this to happen. Thanks for the info![8D]
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Sounds like it's time for you to set up a league. Dig up a few of your shooting buddies and put out the word around your area that you're going to have a match. Before you know it you'll have guys driving up from Oregon just to shoot with you.
    Keep it interesting, set it up as "surplus ammo only".
  • helimanheliman Member Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the thing to do. I know a couple of shooters who might want to organize something with me. Thanks for the input![:)]