In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Loading RIO Hulls

Has anyone reloaded any RIO hulls? I have a bunch of 1 1/8 oz. trap hulls that I would like to reload. I can't seem to find any reloading data using these hulls. Thanks

Comments

• SkeetShooter167039SkeetShooter167039 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes they are great Hulls but you have to load them as a Cheddite hull I have a mec loader and I load red dot i use a 31 to a 32 bushing for 1 oz of shot you MUST use a federal 12 SO wad for the hull in 1 oz for 1 1/8 you should load red dot with a 33 or 34 bushing and use a federal 12 S3 wad It is a must that you use a FEDERAL WAD. and dont use any other primers than the RIO or CHEDDITE.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are refering to the RIO paper hulls

I just loaded a box last night

I asked a few guys around the gun club and the general consensous was that they could be loaded the same as a federal paper hull. Or the same as a cheddite.

1200 fps
    17.5 grs of clays
    waa12L wad
    1 oz shot
    win primer
    pressure was real low. less that 8000psi

THIS LOAD WAS TAKEN FROM HODGDONS RELOAD MANUAL IT IS FEDERAL DATA LOAD THE WORD IS THAT ALL CHEDDITE/ROIS SHOULD BE LOADED WITH CHEDDITE DATA AND CHED/RIO PRIMERS.

check with the manufacture of the powder that you plan to use, most of them have their reload datat online now.