In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Norma MRP

Does anyone know where to buy norma mrp powder? I found it on the web the other night but now I cant find it again.

Comments

• B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MRP hasn't been made in some time, I believe.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I am very suspicious the Alliants Reloader 22 is Norma MRP, but no one will say for sure. Very similar burns rates, and RE22 is made in Sweden. You do the math.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    csjs1194,

Norma MRP has been made and distributed for quite some time but it unfortunately lost its marketing and distribution network here in the U.S. Norma products now fall under the umbrella of Ruag Ammotech along with Geco, Rottweil and RWS. Ruag wanted the new distributor to take all of the lines and no one stepped up so all of the products left the U.S.

Now Black Hills Ammunition has managed to make some sort of deal work for both parties and the Norma lines of ammunition, powders and bullets should be here in full force by the end of March or by early summer at the latest. They aren't saying for sure.

Norma readily admits to the similarities between the Reloader series of powders and their signature line. However they will not go into any of the details.

Best.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My gunsmith talked to a guy who toured the plant and was told that RL22 is IN FACT norma MRP powder that fell outside of a very tight tolerance for variations in burn rate. The MRP is more consistent and hence the reason some folks have noted variations in the RL22 from lot to lot.

You know how 3rd hand info is,..but I tend to find quite a bit of logic in this and also have learned to trust much of what he says.
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the info i am just getting back into reloading and need all the help i can get getting back up to speed I want to use MRP because that is what weatherby uses for the 300 mag
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I knew I had saved this but I didn't remember where I got it from until tonight. It has been posted on another site for the same discussion.

HerculesLetterReloadervsNorma.jpg