In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

218 bee revolver question

joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
I purchase a 218 bee Taurus 7 shot revolver. I have full length sized them and measured each to ensure they are not exceeding the max length ( new Winchester brass). The problem is after firing the rounds in the cylinder they will not release when I push the extractor rod ( really stuck). The only way I have found to release them is a put a cleaning brush in the cylinder and push the brass out ( sometimes even need to be tapped out with force. Has anyone ever come across this or know what I may be doing wrong. Thank you, Joe.

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will probably have to polish the chambers.Taurus is not know for their quality. Your best bet may be sending the gun back to them to have it done.
  • 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    I think brier-49 has the fix for the problem...sounds like rough chambers. Now they may make them a little rough to hold the case so it doesn't push rearward to much and lock up the cylinder on firing. Send it back to the manufacturer to be fixed.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    as the 'bee' has a shoulder they probably left the chamber a little rough to lessen 'set-back' (which will lock up the cylinder). I'd back off your loads some.